• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Okay I tried watching the Danganronpa LP but I have no idea what's going on or what Woolie and Liam are talking about. I guess I'll skip the LP until maybe some day I play the games, probably not though.

Okay I tried watching the Danganronpa LP but I have no idea what's going on or what Woolie and Liam are talking about. I guess I'll skip the LP until maybe some day I play the games, probably not though.

If it's a Danganronpa sequel then there will be a lot of spoilers for the previous games. Probably best to play them first if you interested in the series.

Danganronpa is worth playing if you already own a Vita. Its not a system seller since it won't blow your doors off or anything, but they're fine games. Haven't played the second one myself yet but its pretty divided on it being better or worse than the first game.

Squishy3

Danganronpa is worth playing if you already own a Vita. Its not a system seller since it won't blow your doors off or anything, but they're fine games. Haven't played the second one myself yet but its pretty divided on it being better or worse than the first game.
it'd be a better game if improved hangman's gambit didn't exist

improved my ass

I'd say it is more of a killer app than Persona 4 Golden. They justified my
foolish
choice of buying a Vita for one game
it totally wasn't Persona 4 Marie Sue edition or anything
. Play Danganronpa tho.

OMG

Matt's fiancé got pranked by Just For Laughs Gags. I hope we find out if she's actually on the episode after all. What a Canadian institution.

I didn't realise these were actually real things that happened in real life.

I came at it expecting VLR after all the hyping up Gaf gave it, and think it actively ruined the game for me. The plot was already very weak, but me thinking it could match up to Zero Excape was probably foolish.

Fair warning, the minigames in the second one are 10x worse. And they force you to do them every 5 minutes so try to avoid killing yourself

I came at it expecting VLR after all the hyping up Gaf gave it, and think it actively ruined the game for me. The plot was already very weak, but me thinking it could match up to Zero Excape was probably foolish.

Fair warning, the minigames in the second one are 10x worse. And they force you to do them every 5 minutes so try to avoid killing yourself

probably a good thing i havent played any of the 999 games then

They mentioned on Facebook that the 1st episode of DR would come out today at 9 PM EST on Youtube along with another video. The rest of the DR episodes will come out simultaneously on the site and Youtube.

Same thing happened to me with the hype, but the last chapter was pretty damn solid and I ended up enjoying it overall.

SFV talk on the podcast is making me want this full game right now. So glad there's no weak characters so far. Now when Makoto makes it into the 16 she can finally be a good character again :D

SFV talk on the podcast is making me want this full game right now. So glad there's no weak characters so far. Now when Makoto makes it into the 16 she can finally be a good character again :D

I'm sold on Vega. I mean I loved Vega as a character but could never really use him because I can't do charge characters for shit. But I need Alex still.

Now when Makoto makes it into the 16 she can finally be a good character again :D

You poor tortured soul...

aly

I'm surprised how well it's been balanced so far, but the new builds do have me worried about Nash. On the podcast they mentioned his lack of play time and everywhere else has been saying he's been nerfed. Capcom pls,

I'm sold on Vega. I mean I loved Vega as a character but could never really use him because I can't do charge characters for shit. But I need Alex still.

You have my exact problem with Vega. Always loved the character , but charge is my weakness. I have the same problem with Chun-Li.

Game isn't out yet so I wouldn't get excited just yet, the weaker characters will get exposed after the game comes out and the experts figure out the game. It's almost impossible not to have at least one weak character at launch, though the beta helps.

Loco4Coco

What happened to part 12 of starfox, or did I miss something?

Edit:Nvm found it on their channel, guess it never showed up on my Youtube feed.

You poor tortured soul...

Its gonna happen, you'll all see.

Game isn't out yet so I wouldn't get excited just yet, the weaker characters will get exposed after the game comes out and the experts figure out the game. It's almost impossible not to have at least one weak character at launch, though the beta helps.

Obviously there are gonna be lower tier characters in comparison to each other, but so far it feels like every character feels strong, especially in comparison to 4 where the low tier characters just feel so weak and have a ton of matchup nightmares. Even the "weaker" characters in beta have great moves.

Edit:Nvm found it on their channel, guess it never showed up on my Youtube feed.

Its on their youtube feed but showed up several videos down the list for some reason.

They uploaded it way early, I guess they just kept it on their channel.

Though the best part of this LP is that I couldn't even give a fuck about the game and I'm in it for the interactions. Matt and Woolie goofing off while Liam blitzes the game is a pretty good combo.
I need another Pat and Liam LP already. I don't want to wait until Barkley 2 for one.
They're totally gonna LP it, right?

Numb

Did Liam say they were half done with Starfox after he got the staff boost? He does so freaking much every ep and only half done? This game yo.
And Woolie always with the ''yeahs'' whenever fox does it. Killing me how close he sounds.

Skrams

Uh, did I hear that right on the podcast that they said a MGS5 LP was happening with Pat and Liam? They said they would play it as a big group thing and then made it sound like a Pat/Liam LP would happen. I'm not sure if I just misunderstood though. MGS5 as an LP honestly sounds not great unless they try to never venture off the mission/side op path. Hell, I've killed 10 hours just running around tackling different bases because fuck it. I don't know how well it can sustain itself for an LP if they are actually doing that.

Also Pat x Liam 5eva.

This weeks podcast super great even at 3 hours and 30 minutes or something. I enjoyed the PAX talk and loved that it went on forever.

Bayonetta 2 and SM3DW had to be sacrificed though

What a horrible day to be alive.

or you could give in and just buy the games
their only like 29$ each on amazon
ill be picking up 2 tomorrow hopefully
and playing the fan translation starting tonight
im weak and murder mysteries are my Jam
its why i loved P4 so much
Well that means I'd have to buy a Liam or Liam TV so that's not happening. I just meant I got burned out in the Guacamele LP and didn't finish it.

A little late, but that second jump scare on the latest Until Dawn part was really strange and poorly conveyed if Mike even reacted to it or not. Unless it was like something only the "player" is supposed to see as like a warning or something idk, just seemed pointless.
You actually can look back in to the viewer so I think Mike saw it. I don't want to say too much explaining it but it'll make sense.
We might see Matt on TV?
No, he was with his GF but this happened while Matt was near by.

Laputa_94

Uh, did I hear that right on the podcast that they said a MGS5 LP was happening with Pat and Liam? They said they would play it as a big group thing and then made it sound like a Pat/Liam LP would happen. I'm not sure if I just misunderstood though. MGS5 as an LP honestly sounds not great unless they try to never venture off the mission/side op path. Hell, I've killed 10 hours just running around tackling different bases because fuck it. I don't know how well it can sustain itself for an LP if they are actually doing that.

Also Pat x Liam 5eva.

I would prefer something like the lets watch of MGS 4 where they only do the story missions after they beat the game themselves, and just soak in the deep MGS lore discussions it would hopefully have. As well like the lets watch have it be Matt, Pat, and Woolie.

Numb

Someone else post that other vid. I post these too muc sometimes even though my timezone is fucked. Posts 21PM and 03AM at night always for me.

Someone else post that other vid. I post these too muc sometimes even though my timezone is fucked. Posts 21PM and 03AM at night always for me.

Didn't someone else already do it? Well at least the website version. It's kinda weird that the first DR:AE episode seemed to have an embargo, probably something to do with them having an early copy.

And I know that feel, but dial it back an hour because I'm in James Small Summer time.

Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls #1

YouTube

Moonlight

Banned
I love Liam and Woolie, but whenever they complain about the dub of DR, it kinda grates. I respect their preference for the JP voice cast, but the way they talk about it ("this isn't the x I voted for") and dismiss the English voice acting out of hand is kind of silly, IMO. DR is certainly above-average for a game dub and a lot of the stuff they apparently lay at the feet of the English voice actors (like Jataro speaking slowly) is something the JP version is equally guilty of. I'd prefer it if they just swapped to the JP voices ASAP so we can just move on from it entirely.

All the same, super excited for the LP. I've really been wanting them to cover Danganronpa, and it's nice to hear them get hype over it.

Numb

I would prefer the JP dub. Like things original and also don't have to listen to words but text. Helps with paying attention to what they are saying. Can see where you are coming from tho.

Alfebit

Banned
I love Liam and Woolie, but whenever they complain about the dub of DR, it kinda grates. I respect their preference for the JP voice cast, but the way they talk about it ("this isn't the x I voted for") and dismiss the English voice acting out of hand is kind of silly, IMO. DR is certainly above-average for a game dub and a lot of the stuff they apparently lay at the feet of the English voice actors (like Jataro speaking slowly) is something the JP version is equally guilty of. I'd prefer it if they just swapped to the JP voices ASAP so we can just move on from it entirely.

All the same, super excited for the LP. I've really been wanting them to cover Danganronpa, and it's nice to hear them get hype over it.

They got the game early so don't expect them to switch to the JP voices anytime soon.

Skrams

They will next recording session as mentioned on the podcast and a facebook post.

I also hope this leads to them saying more overused japanese words. Nani, Mamoru, Bakana, Masaka, and shit like that. I'm getting off on this goof super hard.

zeemumu

I don't know why it took so long but this just hit me.

Minor Until Dawn Spoilers

Matt finds an axe later.

There's no way the developers could have known, could they?

Also Pat x Liam 5eva.

This weeks podcast super great even at 3 hours and 30 minutes or something. I enjoyed the PAX talk and loved that it went on forever.

What a horrible day to be alive.
its fine
i already beat them

zeemumu

It's the beauty of destiny

would shop an axe slowly falling into his hands if i had any skill.

On top of that

Until Dawn Spoilers

the axe most likely fell down a pit considering where he left it.

The more I think about this game the more coincidences seem to happen, especially since they're already drawing parallels to Silent hill with the analyst sections.

On top of that

Until Dawn Spoilers

the axe most likely fell down a pit considering where he left it.

The more I think about this game the more coincidences seem to happen, especially since they're already drawing parallels to Silent hill with the analyst sections.

maybe this can become the spiritual successor to Silent Hill since that series is dead and pachinkoed

Anung

Un Rama
I propose we label all Star Fox videos 'Until Dawn' from this point on!

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

KdylanR92

Man it's been a Super Best Friend drought for me, last playthrough I watched was Ride to hell, not interested in wrestling so I haven't seen a single rustlemania video.

I'll probably just have to wait till october for the shitstorm.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I didn't know that Naughty Dog had helped work on Star fox adventures.
Man it's been a Super Best Friend drought for me, last playthrough I watched was Ride to hell, not interested in wrestling so I haven't seen a single rustlemania video.

I'll probably just have to wait till october for the shitstorm.

Just watch the last rustling episode and put the speed at 1.25 and see if you enjoy

I think its the best work they have ever done.

Top Bottom