• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

got Dark Souls 3 preordered
anyone else gonna try to fuck up their LP?
this is the first time ill actually be able to invade them as i usually wait to buy the game later

Matsukaze

Remind me - what made them decide to do Dark Souls 3 sooner rather than later? I thought their original plan was to take their time and explore the game before actually starting a LP. Or was that only Pat's idea?

Anung

Un Rama
Remind me - what made them decide to do Dark Souls 3 sooner rather than later? I thought their original plan was to take their time and explore the game before actually starting a LP. Or was that only Pat's idea?

I imagine its more of a striking while the irons hot in terms of Souls hype. I could be wrong though.

Skrams

Don't remember if they ever explicitly gave a reason. I just know this has been confirmed for months. Pretty sure it's just the hit it early mindset instead of any downtime happening like DS2. Also less room for people to yell about slow when Pat is playing the game. I don't remember if he confirmed anything about playing ahead or not though. I feel like that would defeat the point of it if happened.

Edzi

Wait, they've said they're doing an early/blind LP of DS3? Seriously? Have they not learned anything?

Ugh, guess it's just one more LP to skip.

Duplolas

Banned
VeuTDUA.jpg

Shouldn't this be Friday Night Fistybutts?

Raitaro

Sorry if this has been asked (or answered on their twitter even) but are they planning to continue with Demon's Souls even when they do the Dark Souls III let's play or has that been put on hold?

The wait for more (Youtube archived) episodes of DeS has been killing me more than I had anticipated, though I do get that the scheduling for such a livestream could be tricky, especially when guests have to be present as well.

MrHoot

It's a series that will pop up from time to time when they need to fill a gap. That's the actual official answer from Pat on the reddit and Woolie from the discord I think it was.

So it's the new reboot. Twice the LPers, twice the suffering.

Unrelated, but i finished a first normal playthrough of Hyper Light Drifter (takes about 12 hours, I didn't go for completionist the first time around). Man that game is freaking awesome. Hard as nails sometimes but it feels satisfying. I hope they do an LP of it sometimes (I know Pat is playing and enjoying it). The amount of secrets in it is absurd

So I just learned about that City Shrouded in Shadow game where you play as a civilian trying to survive a giant monster attack/battle and has Ultraman, Godzilla, and what looks to be Eva in it. Was that ever covered in the podcast? I don't remember it, but part of me feel that it may have been and I just wasn't paying attention.

Skrams

So I just learned about that City Shrouded in Shadow game where you play as a civilian trying to survive a giant monster attack/battle and has Ultraman, Godzilla, and what looks to be Eva in it. Was that ever covered in the podcast? I don't remember it, but part of me feel that it may have been and I just wasn't paying attention.

Nah, they never talked about it despite the announcements only getting more into their zone as it's going. Disaster Devs, Ultraman, Godzilla, and fucking Eva. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned it by now.

Siegcram

Their Bloodborne DLC run was fine, that one had Matt too. I will be enjoying the LP, and I don't even care about Souls games.
Word. Old Hunters playthrough was the best they've put out in ages. As long as it's entertaining, the level of competency doesn't really matter. Not like the internet will be bereft of Souls content from people that know what they're doing.

MrHoot

https://twitter.com/angriestpat/status/716486879097569280

Really bad news? Or the worst news?
I watched all of the DS 2 lp, gave some BB episode a shot, but I don't think I could bring myself to watch this one

It's the same thing they had going for Old Hunters and it worked very very well, at least for doing souls close to release. So i'm very okay with that. I dunno if Matt will have as much fun since he knows or is less interested about souls than BB but who knows, it's not like there's a lot of dull moments in Souls games anyway.

It could be worse, could be like game grumps who are playing NOW WHEN IT'S NOT RELEASED HERE

Matt brings the banter while Woolie and Pat GET SERIOUS!

They got a good balance going on in the DLC. Plus some extremely funny moments like Bloodborne radio, Matt taking over controls and Pat getting shit on a couple times.

Top Bottom