• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
https://twitter.com/angriestpat/status/716486879097569280

Really bad news? Or the worst news?
I watched all of the DS 2 lp, gave some BB episode a shot, but I don't think I could bring myself to watch this one

The Old Hunters DLC was the best Souls related things they've done. Pat on controls, Woolie on support and Matt bringing the Lovecraft love. It was basically a perfect storm and not one I think they can replicate easily. Matt was easily one of the strongest aspects of that LP but he's not super into Souls and after seeing him on Demon's Souls stream I'm not expecting good things.

I won't be watching this one until I've made some decent headway in the game anyway. I also wondered how the numbers work for this thing. Surely you get 2 groups of viewers? One set who watch on release hype and don't care and the others who'll wait? the first group numbers must offset the delayed views of the second? Just something I've always thought about.

So I just learned about that City Shrouded in Shadow game where you play as a civilian trying to survive a giant monster attack/battle and has Ultraman, Godzilla, and what looks to be Eva in it. Was that ever covered in the podcast? I don't remember it, but part of me feel that it may have been and I just wasn't paying attention.
If you want to get more hyped for it, play Disaster Report and Raw Danger. You can get them pretty cheap nowadays and should be similar gameplaywise(If you can only play 1, play Raw Danger).
Nah, they never talked about it despite the announcements only getting more into their zone as it's going. Disaster Devs, Ultraman, Godzilla, and fucking Eva. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned it by now.
It should be mentioning that its Disaster Report devs (which I think only Liam played). They aren't at all related to Disaster: Day of Crisis except for maybe taking place where disasters are. They probably aren't talking about it since they think its a slim chance that it will get localized here(tho with Bamco it could happen I think) and there's not much to say other than, "Hey thats a cool thing we probably aren't gonna get."

Anung

Un Rama
So I just learned about that City Shrouded in Shadow game where you play as a civilian trying to survive a giant monster attack/battle and has Ultraman, Godzilla, and what looks to be Eva in it. Was that ever covered in the podcast? I don't remember it, but part of me feel that it may have been and I just wasn't paying attention.

It'd be cool if they did considering how hype it sounds. I'll be importing it as Kaiju, Godzilla and Eva are my jam and I doubt it'll get a western release.

Pat playing DXHR is a treat.

"What happens if I shoot this camera?"
*shoots camera, alarm sounds*
"Nothing happens"
*proceeds to them overwrite a save for the first time in his life*

God bless.

Skrams

Punisher LP isn't doing a ton for me. The first mission doesn't really have much going on. I feel like I should be getting more oomphs from the guys for every time Punisher sticks his knife in a doods face. Game also was made before cutscenes every 5 minutes came into vogue which might be a bad thing so I could totally go for some well crafted punisher murdering everyone cutscenes.

It should be mentioning that its Disaster Report devs (which I think only Liam played). They aren't at all related to Disaster: Day of Crisis except for maybe taking place where disasters are. They probably aren't talking about it since they think its a slim chance that it will get localized here(tho with Bamco it could happen I think) and there's not much to say other than, "Hey thats a cool thing we probably aren't gonna get."

Forgot that Disaster and Disaster Report were different things. I feel like Liam mentioned Disaster Report before at least. I think it still deserves a mention since it's one of those things people want to still hear that they all know about just to confirm it. I think I'd like to hear if Matt plans to import it as well for a one shot or not.

This also reminds me that I'm excited for the other new Disaster Report game coming out eventually.

hupla

What does Matt keep referring to in the TP LP about Pat recording videos alone? inst matt the one who has done like 2 solo LPs?

The Wrestlemania recap will be quite entertaining.

They should just say "it was garbage, but yeah the entrances were amazing, the women's and ladder match was cool, and Shane's jump was insane" then spend the rest of the recap time talking about the amazing NXT Takeover that happened 2 days ago.

But I doubt any of them watched NXT besides maybe Matt.

ArjanN

Pat playing DXHR is a treat.

"What happens if I shoot this camera?"
*shoots camera, alarm sounds*
"Nothing happens"
*proceeds to them overwrite a save for the first time in his life*

God bless.

It's not like it really matters since they're just shooting their way through the game anyway.

If you want to get more hyped for it, play Disaster Report and Raw Danger. You can get them pretty cheap nowadays and should be similar gameplaywise(If you can only play 1, play Raw Danger).

I'm pretty sure I remember them talking about this, not sure if it was anything more than a quick mention though.

sjay1994

Considering the fact the DS3 lp is starting in like a week, one of the LP's will probably be finished by then (most likely punisher). Wonder if its going to be daily DS videos on weekdays like how BB and DS2 were.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, like, can we just watch content from the Vessel channel even if we're not paying? 'Cause I'm watching an "exclusive" video right now and I'm not being stopped, and I was under the impression that we had to pay to watch things in Vessel or something like that.

So, like, can we just watch content from the Vessel channel even if we're not paying? 'Cause I'm watching an "exclusive" video right now and I'm not being stopped, and I was under the impression that we had to pay to watch things in Vessel or something like that.

everyone gets the next two videos free
everything after that is subscription
i think cause they fucked up one day and forgot to put out a video or something

real shame to not see Matt in the podcast, I only starting listening to the SBFC since the Christmas episode The Nog Kings (haven't listened to any previous eps) and enjoy listening to and waiting for every episode, but I feel that the cast work best when they're all together and it sucks when someone is missing.

Unfortunately, there's been a handful of episodes since I've started watching missing someone (including The Nog Kings with Matt), so I'm hoping that this isn't a trend that continues. Was this something that was always the case, or has this just started happening lately?

Either way, will continue to listen to the podcast, which is the best gaming podcast that I've listened to.

real shame to not see Matt in the podcast, I only starting listening to the SBFC since the Christmas episode The Nog Kings and enjoy listening to and waiting for every episode, but I feel that the cast work best when they're all together and it sucks when someone is missing.

Unfortunately, there's been a handful of episodes since I've started watching missing someone (including The Nog Kings with Matt), so I'm hoping that this isn't a trend that continues. Was this something that was always the case, or has this just started happening lately?

Either way, will continue to listen to the podcast, which is the best gaming podcast that I've listened to.

It's actually pretty out of the ordinary for one of them to be missing as someone that's been listening since the first episode. With all the illnesses/business/random stuff between each of them recently it feels like someone is missing every other week

It's actually pretty out of the ordinary for one of them to be missing as someone that's been listening since the first episode. With all the illnesses/business/random stuff between each of them recently it feels like someone is missing every other week

That sucks that this is a new thing then, I really hope that it ends soon as I enjoy the podcast the most when we have the whole crew in.

I do understand though that it's completely out of their control.

Yojimbo saved that episode from being another entire boss battle. The hero we need

I remember Sanctuary Keeper being one of the toughest bosses,
but the next one is the REAL toughest

Friendcast is out! Have hardly any interest in BvS so fuck it I'll watch listen the spoilercast

Also Liam is slowly morphing into Kurt Russell

Edit wow how did I miss that it was posted

Skrams

That sucks that this is a new thing then, I really hope that it ends soon as I enjoy the podcast the most when we have the whole crew in.

I do understand though that it's completely out of their control.

It's mostly just the illness running rampant keeping Liam and Matt and Pat and everyone off every other week.

Also the outro song this week is kind of good but also kind of just turns into a mishmash of instruments and ergh. I would of rather everyone enjoyed the warmth of a good Hamburger Helper.

Did they talk in lengths about TMNT and Nioh?

https://twitter.com/angriestpat/status/716486879097569280

Really bad news? Or the worst news?
I watched all of the DS 2 lp, gave some BB episode a shot, but I don't think I could bring myself to watch this one

Every time a new Souls game comes out we beg them to play it, we get hyped when they agreed, and we get pissed when they do play it.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Edzi

Every time a new Souls game comes out we beg them to play it, we get hyped when they agreed, and we get pissed when they do play it.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Speak for yourself. I (and many others) never wanted them to play Souls games, especially not blind or at launch.

I like the Souls playthroughs. I will watch them play DS3.

Sincerely,
Probably a Better Representation of the Broad Fanbase, Statistically Speaking

Edzi

I like the Souls playthroughs. I will watch them play DS3.

Sincerely,
Probably a Better Representation of the Broad Fanbase, Statistically Speaking

You're probably right. I mean, the only reason they continue to make LPs on highly anticipated games at launch is because they probably garner the most attention and result in the most views. It's just disappointing for those of us who don't enjoy blind playthroughs, don't want them tainting their first experience playing such a hyped game by doing it in an LP format, or who want to play the game themselves first. It just feels like they're sacrificing overall LP quality and their enjoyment of the game in order to ride the hype train and get the most views, which isn't a bad thing, just sort of disappointing.

HGH

Banned
Unbeknownst to everyone the new LP is actually going to be Dark Souls - 3 as in Dark Souls 1 with 3 players at the same time.
This is totally what's happening.

Skrams

Souls LPs are a pizza for me usually. Delivery guy comes, I yell "pizza's here guys," and then I eat 6+ slices by myself while crying.

I'll continue to eat pizza forever.

Woolie talked about TMNT for a second and said he's happier about how it looks compared to what Matt said. They also remark on how licensed Platinum games continue to look a little more safe and all that. Some quick discussion about Nioh and how it's an alpha demo for a limited time. It being meant to help improve the game just like how there was an early demo put out for Toukiden that helped improve the game. Also Bravely Default had 4 something demos in Japan before it's first release that had it constantly improving. Japan progressing forward with shit and all that.

Duplolas

Banned
U2MDeKN.png

Scumbag "White Power" Colin

https://youtu.be/JKu5vV9ymoA?t=41m25s

Unbeknownst to everyone the new LP is actually going to be Dark Souls - 3 as in Dark Souls 1 with 3 players at the same time.
This is totally what's happening.

lmao

sigh, I need to go back to every TP video and see the pics in the description don't I

Woolie talked about TMNT for a second and said he's happier about how it looks compared to what Matt said. They also remark on how licensed Platinum games continue to look a little more safe and all that. Some quick discussion about Nioh and how it's an alpha demo for a limited time. It being meant to help improve the game just like how there was an early demo put out for Toukiden that helped improve the game. Also Bravely Default had 4 something demos in Japan before it's first release that had it constantly improving. Japan progressing forward with shit and all that.

Hmmm okay, sounds like they would go a bit into depth about it. What's the time stamp?

Skrams

Hmmm okay, sounds like they would go a bit into depth about it. What's the time stamp?

Ni oh is at 1:32:32

TMNT is at 2:03:28

It's not a terrible amount of in depth talk. It's about the same amount of small talk you expect for most smaller news pieces. FF Uncovered took up a good chunk of the news section. Also spoilercast and all that.

hupla

Matts right about the damage output in TP being waaaaay too little (idk why he complained about hero mode in the second episode tho) so maybe they should actually play with the ganondorf amiibo on

Top Bottom