• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Duplolas

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by how much pat keeps yelling and screeching for no reason, cutting people off and trying to be the loudest, always? The last Punisher video was made worse due to such actions.

I didn't notice that at all man.

Honestly though, I love it when Pat is yelling and screaming about something. He gets much more out of ridiculous things than the other guys do and the results are passionate screams of laughter.

Is anyone else bothered by how much pat keeps yelling and screeching for no reason, cutting people off and trying to be the loudest, always? The last Punisher video was made worse due to such actions.

I think its because of the mic placement, before they used the blue mics and those were used for everyone whereas now each one has an individual mic.

I think Pat has always been like this but its more prevalent now due to the equipment they're using especially in the friendcast.

Caderfix

I think its because of the mic placement, before they used the blue mics and those were used for everyone whereas now each one has an individual mic.

I think Pat has always been like this but its more prevalent now due to the equipment they're using especially in the friendcast.

I don't know, might be it, but I don't think it is. Stuff like what he did after he saw the picture of bushwacker is just too much. He straight up goes "wooow woOOow".

It felt really forced. Well, I'll just avoid Pat. Sorry for the rant.

This is probably the easiest place to ask. Is Gundam Unicorn any good?

Yeah actually! It's got all the good Gundam parts and a decent enough story. Plus the Gundam fights generally feel very good/impactful as giant mechs should and you can watch a bunch of unnamed jobbers fighting each other instead of just constantly focusing on the protagonist, which is a nice perspective to get for big space battles.

The ending is... Weird.

What is the thing with the LIMB clinic in the second half of the game that Pat is referencing? It's been a while since I played HR and don't remember much after the second boss.

Laputa_94

This is probably the easiest place to ask. Is Gundam Unicorn any good?

I watched in the spam of a few months the orginal gundam, Zeta, double Zeta, Chars counterattck, then unicorn and it felt like a fantastic conclusion of the themes introduced in the orginal show.

Jonami90

Neo Member
What is the thing with the LIMB clinic in the second half of the game that Pat is referencing? It's been a while since I played HR and don't remember much after the second boss.

Haven't watched the episode yet, but it's probably the part where
"new and improved" chips are sent to the LIMB clinics and all augmented persons are called in to receive their upgrades. These chips are then later used to take control of all those who received the "upgrade".

Haven't watched the episode yet, but it's probably the part where
"new and improved" chips are sent to the LIMB clinics and all augmented persons are called in to receive their upgrades. These chips are then later used to take control of all those who received the "upgrade".

Oh that's right, I remember now. Yeah Pat's totally on point. I can't believe someone would actually go and do that.

Disgraced

The Punisher's the first LP of theirs I've looked at in a while. Pretty funny. I tried the first few episodes of Deus Ex, but got bored. It felt like it could use some serious editing.

Man, weeks of leg pain and other shit put me way behind on current LPs, but I've watched and am now up to date on Deus Ex and Twilight Princess. The TP playthrough's been pretty golden, Liam keeping things going even when he jumps the gun on trying to trigger sequences before they happen. Even though it's the least interesting of the 3D Zelda games, watching it be played by people that are still fans of the series and (fairly) knowledgeable is very nice.

Human Revolution though, it's still good Matt and Pat material especially with Matt's experience doing QA for the game, but for some reason I'm having to try really hard to stop myself from nit picking and yelling at them over Pat's ability to play. It's something I've conditioned myself not to do with other playthroughs of games I know on the channel, but with Deus Ex I've realized I actually remember a WHOLE lot more of the smaller details regarding things like how to sneak around enemy patrols, specific item locations, weapon and aug selections, and so on. Even though I liked the original game more than Human Revolution (hell, plenty of other immersive sims I actually well prefer over HR), I still spent so much time with this game both at release and on the Director's Cut that I still easily recall things in great detail when they happen.

Oh, lastly, Punisher LP is fucking rad and I'm excited to see where the game goes as well as absorb more ridiculous Punisher factoids from Matt. Nothing better than Matt when he's 100% into what he's doing.

Disgraced

Return of the Golden Age?
Never was and never will be such a thing. More like "Inconsistent Forever."
Human Revolution though, it's still good Matt and Pat material especially with Matt's experience doing QA for the game, but for some reason I'm having to try really hard to stop myself from nit picking and yelling at them over Pat's ability to play.

Oh, lastly, Punisher LP is fucking rad and I'm excited to see where the game goes as well as absorb more ridiculous Punisher factoids from Matt. Nothing better than Matt when he's 100% into what he's doing.
Yeah, I was excited to watch HR because of that, but in one of the episodes I saw Pat fucked up like four times in a row in a relatively longer section and they didn't cut it out, and then I anticipate(d) all the inevitable putzing around since it's an RPG, plus the problem you're telling right now...

...I don't think I'm watching that LP anytime soon.

Punisher though, yep, it's pretty funny, and with the energy it's exuding and what I know of the game I don't see it slipping up.

Numb

Never was and never will be such a thing. More like "Inconsistent Forever."Yeah, I was excited to watch HR because of that, but in one of the episodes I saw Pat fucked up like four times in a row in a relatively longer section and they didn't cut it out, and then I anticipate(d) all the inevitable putzing around since it's an RPG, plus the problem you're telling right now...

...I don't think I'm watching that LP anytime soon.

Punisher though, yep, it's pretty funny, and with the energy it's exuding and what I know of the game I don't see it slipping up.
All LPs going on now I have been waiting for forever. Even Dark Souls is cool
Didn't expect them to land on their racist phase tho

Disgraced

All LPs going on now I have been waiting for forever. Even Dark Souls is cool
Well, yeah, seems to me lately they've been playing some old faithful, long-requested big hitters as a reaction to the general swath of negativity there was some months or whatever back.

Metal Wolf
Naruto
Deus Ex: HR
Another RE
Punisher
Mindjack, Heavy Rain, and Demon's streams

hupla

I've definitely been tuning into the best friends more now than I have in a while. Am surprised how much I like the TP lp

Numb

Well, yeah, seems to me lately they've been playing some old faithful, long-requested big hitters as a reaction to the general swath of negativity there was some months or whatever back.

Metal Wolf
Naruto
Deus Ex: HR
Another RE
Punisher
Mindjack, Heavy Rain, and Demon's streams
Indeed indeed
A Zelda too
Now all that's left is for Brawls to make a full comeback combined with all the stupid editing

sjay1994

This is a really petty complaint about the FFX lp, because as much as I enjoy Woolie and Matt's banter about the story, whenever they hit a boss fight the LP just becomes a slog where they overthink everything and spend minutes to do a move.

I am complaining about the upcoming Yunalesca fight

And they are super aware of this too, and constantly talk about it. So the fact I am complaining about it just feels really petty on my part.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm just annoyed by the fact they've almost finished the game yet they still can't grasp some of the basics of how the combat in FFX actually works.

It's a shame because otherwise the FFX LP has legit become amazing in terms of riffing off the cutscenes and anything outside battles.

9RaiBa1.png

new wallpaper

Okingjrr

I'm glad they're getting into streaming but I really wish they would put the full archives up on Youtube.

They do put the Super Best Friends Streams' archives on youtube.

Seeing as how Matt prefers to edit his "solo" videos down to the funny bits, I don't think he'd want to sift through hours of stream footage for youtube.

Disgraced

They do put the Super Best Friends Streams' archives on youtube.

Seeing as how Matt prefers to edit his "solo" videos down to the funny bits, I don't think he'd want to sift through hours of stream footage for youtube.
Could just re-up and if necessary chop the VODs on an alt channel to prevent congestion.

zeemumu

Auron in Kingdom Hearts 2 was so cool. He really made up for the Underworld being such a lame world.

To be fair, I'll bet you could put Auron in damn near anything and it'd be cooler for it.

They had one of the cooler tag team moves too.

tumblr_n2ysgjlmHs1s0gqq8o2_500.gif

Liam and Pat should play Kingdom Hearts
If I remember correctly, Liam only likes CoM for its card system but doesn't like the series overall. In one of the earlier podcasts, Pat went back and played through KH1 and liked it.

zeemumu

CoM is the only game in the series I would honestly call terrible.

It's not terrible but it's not one of my favorites, either. Coded and 358/2 Days are probably the most lacking in terms of new gameplay mechanics and are the most tedious, which is why they were both made into movies in the HD Remixes.

As for Let's Play potential, maybe. Kingdom Hearts 2 would definitely be the more interesting LP but this isn't exactly a series that you can jump around in. I skipped CoM initially because I assumed it was a GBA remake of KH1 from the commercials (I was a kid so I didn't do any extra research) and I got lost during the intro to KH2. There are a few levels and sequences that are gonna be rough (Hollow Bastion, Monstro, the KH1 Gummi Ship levels)

Making it all the sadder it is the best one.

KH2 and BBS are probably my favorites gameplay-wise because they offer the most without getting crazy with dream pets and cards and flowmotion.

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah actually! It's got all the good Gundam parts and a decent enough story. Plus the Gundam fights generally feel very good/impactful as giant mechs should and you can watch a bunch of unnamed jobbers fighting each other instead of just constantly focusing on the protagonist, which is a nice perspective to get for big space battles.

The ending is... Weird.

I watched in the spam of a few months the orginal gundam, Zeta, double Zeta, Chars counterattck, then unicorn and it felt like a fantastic conclusion of the themes introduced in the orginal show.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I've only ever watched Gundam Wing so I'm trying to gauge which Gundam shows are worth watching :D

Put 10 hours into DS3 already. Roll on the LP (please be good)

Thanks! I'll check it out. I've only ever watched Gundam Wing so I'm trying to gauge with Gundam shows are worth watching.

Check out G Gundam for goofiness/hype feeling with Gundams, Thunderbolt for some really badass piloting scenes set to jazz music, Build Fighters if you want some shonen, and definitely Iron Blooded Orphans for some grittier stuff.

Top Bottom