• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Edzi

Finished the podcast yesterday, and holy crap does Woolie have horrible taste in mashup songs. Every single one he's ever put at the end of a podcast has sounded terrible. It's almost like he looks at the titles of the two songs and decides that since he likes each individually, they must sound good together.

explodet

Wasn't feeling Mystery Box #24.
Everything about it - the game, the story, the commentary - was just kinda there.

They were trapped in menu hell for eleven minutes.

Nordicus

Twilight Princess part 9, Liam walking on magnetized surface with the boots

"This shit is the coolest, in a pre-Mario Galaxy world"

Liam, by Twilight Princess' release, Insomniac had made at least 3 Ratchet & Clank games that used that gimmick! (don't remember much about Deadlocked/Gladiator)
ZVJnAji.jpg
Obani Draco from Up Your Arsenal was so sick, and it ended on a sweet bossfight against a robot Britney Spears with lethal back-up dancers!

I see the future - and what do I see?
Robots going crazy 'cross the galaxy.
Can't stand organics, they're soft and squishy.
The time is now; we robots must be free!

[Do you want to be free? Then shout with me! YEAH!] (Exterminate, Terminate, Annihilate...)

This goes out to all you robots 'cross the galaxy.
It's time for you and me to rise up and - strike - back.
Don't stop till we dominate,
Won't you feel great,
When we exterminate all - organic - LIFE!

Menitta

Finished the podcast yesterday, and holy crap does Woolie have horrible taste in mashup songs. Every single one he's ever put at the end of a podcast has sounded terrible. It's almost like he looks at the titles of the two songs and decides that since he likes each individually, they must sound good together.

Turn Down for Whammu was pretty good.

Wasn't feeling Mystery Box #24.
Everything about it - the game, the story, the commentary - was just kinda there.

They were trapped in menu hell for eleven minutes.
I did like Pat's stealth Star Trek reference at the beginning and the whole "is this a ripoff of The Witcher" thing, but yeah, they got stuck in mobile port hell for a while.

Skrams

So having just watched Gears of War 4's trailer, I'm curious.

Has the Sbf ever remarked on what they think of that series? Is it one of those series that they don't really think about?
I think only really Pat and maybe Liam has played the later games. Woolie hasn't played past 1 and Matt, dunno. They rarely mention it although Pat probably enjoys the games.
Huh, the mashup song this week I actually liked. It was a funny mashup and it didn't feel like it was actually made poorly to me.
I did like Pat's stealth Star Trek reference at the beginning and the whole "is this a ripoff of The Witcher" thing, but yeah, they got stuck in mobile port hell for a while.
The mystery box game is also based off some 1984 thing while Witcher was 1986.

Skrams

They're both just taking from generic dark fantasy tropes. Although some of the visual stuff in this like the UI might have been inspired by the Witcher.

They're both pretty ingrained in probably all of those dark, scary fairy tails of eastern europe.

It's also just the thing of Pat going YO, WITCHER THO every 5 seconds.

convo

Pat got spoiled hard by Liam of all people, now he has no choice but force Matt and Woolie to sit down to catch up to that point immediatly in DS3. Fuck everything else including FFX.

I listen to Through the Papyrus and the Sans routinely. This is clearly an example of bad taste on your part.

Squishy3

Another MB so soon
Weird
They said it's basically the week of one-offs because of Woolie being sick so they just recorded a bunch of stuff without him.

Pat got spoiled hard by Liam of all people, now he has no choice but force Matt and Woolie to sit down to catch up to that point immediatly in DS3. Fuck everything else including FFX.
Recording has nothing to do with when the videos go up, though. They record in advance. The only reason why it's delayed is they need to finish FFX.

Edzi

Huh, the mashup song this week I actually liked. It was a funny mashup and it didn't feel like it was actually made poorly to me.

I dunno, they just never sound great to me. I guess I just have trouble hearing them as one cohesive piece, since it literally just sounds like two songs that don't go together being played at the same time.

Numb

They said it's basically the week of one-offs because of Woolie being sick so they just recorded a bunch of stuff without him.

Recording has nothing to do with when the videos go up, though. They record in advance. The only reason why it's delayed is they need to finish FFX.
I heard
Didn't think they'd label them MB

i say put FF10 on hold
Dark Souls matters more anyways
the things ive seen i cant wait for some of their reactions
Pat better be prepared to git gud more than hes ever gotten gud before
it will take all of your cunning to beat some of these bosses
like who i fought and beat eventually today
Pontiff Sullivan

Menitta

I'm sorry. I thought Armored Mewtwo looked awful. Also what did it do exactly? It sounded like it was just the breathing mask Jojo had in Part 2.

Is this just going to be them bitching about anything passed Gen 1 and the roster choices?

I agree that Armored Mewtwo needs to make an appearance in some other media though.

Skrams

I'm sorry. I thought Armored Mewtwo looked awful. Also what did it do exactly? It sounded like it was just the breathing mask Jojo had in Part 2.
I think most people really like the armored mewtwo design. It also amplified his power, so he could theoretically be a fine boss character. The idea of him shedding the armor too at one point with it falling off in pieces has my dick rock hard. The breathing mask made it harder for Joseph to breath to help him get better at hamon/ripple or something? There's a pretty fucking sick scene in the movie where mewtwo picks up a stampede of taurus with the help of the suit.
Is this just going to be them bitching about anything passed Gen 1 and the roster choices?

I agree that Armored Mewtwo needs to make an appearance in some other media though.
Kind of? Mostly Pat is the one preaching it. Wanting some fighting game Pokemon and complaining about Pokemon he doesn't like.

Menitta

I think most people really like the armored mewtwo design. It also amplified his power, so he could theoretically be a fine boss character. The idea of him shedding the armor too at one point with it falling off in pieces has my dick rock hard. The breathing mask made it harder for Joseph to breath to help him get better at hamon/ripple or something? There's a pretty fucking sick scene in the movie where mewtwo picks up a stampede of taurus with the help of the suit.

The reason I compare it to the breathing mask is because Mewtwo said "This suit suppresses my powers."

I know that a lot of people like him, I just don't get it. Thats just me though.

wow
They really do go in on chandelure

I'm pretty sure at the age of 27 an angel descends from heaven to tell you that all new Pokemon designs are trash.

As such, I'd guess Pat's a staunch genwunner, Woolie maybe caps out at Gen 2, and Liam hates only Chandelure.
Because object-based Pokemon are fucking dumb regardless of your age.

Numb

They don't even pick
Gardevoir
, for shame.
She got Asuka moves
Nothing lost skipping her kappa

I'm still heated they never picked Ganryu when they played TTT2. Their bias against sumo is ridiculous.
#hondaforseasontwo
you don't realize how scrubby they play till they pick a game you know about
couldnt see past their scrubbiness
Also the only sumo worth a damn is my girl hinako
hinako-t2.gif

hinako-takeoffhat.gif
hinako-sumostuff.gif
hinako-stomp.gif

I'm pretty sure at the age of 27 an angel descends from heaven to tell you that all new Pokemon designs are trash.

As such, I'd guess Pat's a staunch genwunner, Woolie maybe caps out at Gen 2, and Liam hates only Chandelure.
Because object-based Pokemon are fucking dumb regardless of your age.

their salt is hilarious

Gestahl

I browsed through the gen 5 and 6 pokemon online on a whim and the only ones I remotely gave a shit about were the starter pig's final form and the crocodile with sunglasses

I wonder if Matt is aware there's an actual Godzilla pokemon

So I'm not sure if you're talking about Palkia or Groudon, but I'm assuming Groudon because Palkia would be a goofy-ass Godzilla.

I browsed through the gen 5 and 6 pokemon online on a whim and the only ones I remotely gave a shit about were the starter pig's final form and the crocodile with sunglasses

Gen 5 is actually one of the better ones lately, with a pretty good set of legendaries and neat designs for a lot of regular 'mons. Also you somehow seemed to omit Clawitzer and the literal fucking T-Rex that's a dragon.

Skrams

I had a dream Pat died and I was really sad and I cried a lot and I was crying on some high school bleachers and some other guy was placing a racing game online and I was at a funeral and the funeral pastor guy said he's not going to heaven and I said YEAH, HE WOULDN'T WANT TO.

Also the stream is live.

Okingjrr

This sucks! I wanted to watch the hilarity unfold live but its my 27th today so I'm going out to drink/etc D:

27 D: Jesus Christ.

I'm also going out for a birthday tonight. Why did they have to stream tonight ? ;_;

Also happy birthday !

Edit: This stream is already perfect.

Top Bottom