• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Numb

This sucks! I wanted to watch the hilarity unfold live but its my 27th today so I'm going out to drink/etc D:

27 D: Jesus Christ.

Happy-Birthday-50.gif

So did they modify the covered market scene in Heavy Rain? Noticed that some of the sillier moments are gone (e.g. Jayden jumping off the counter and missing the guy, slamming into the shop doors, chickens in the face, etc).

Strimei

So did they modify the covered market scene in Heavy Rain? Noticed that some of the sillier moments are gone (e.g. Jayden jumping off the counter and missing the guy, slamming into the shop doors, chickens in the face, etc).

They went back and got the chicken part at least, it seems if you fail all the previous qte prompts you don't get the chickens.

Skrams

Mike0dude was an idiot and told them to fail all the QTEs because it still leads to the end. He didn't realize that's wrong and the video he's basing it off of was edited together with all the failures. Them failing all the QTEs led to them failing early.

Also yes, mike. I know you heard it from a "friend."

I can't tell if it's just theses mystery box games being bad, or is there something up with the color settings on games recorded on Matt's setup?

I can't tell if it's just theses mystery box games being bad, or is there something up with the color settings on games recorded on Matt's setup?
Al-Bedo is definitely bad and Pat mentioned how garbage Alex's Venture looked, so those two games were shit through and through.

Fat4all

Banned
That sick break have done them no favors on their boss coordination in FFX.

Its a bit of a chore.

Still really liking the playthrough, though.

Mike0dude was an idiot and told them to fail all the QTEs because it still leads to the end. He didn't realize that's wrong and the video he's basing it off of was edited together with all the failures. Them failing all the QTEs led to them failing early.

This prompt was missing even when they completed the previous ones. And even when they redid the chicken part, it was missing the part where the camera zooms in and follows the chicken on Jayden's face.

Skrams

It might be because they have the game is on easy, so QTEs are missing. There's not even a QTE in that part on stream, so I'm wagering it was removed on the easy difficulty probably.

I thought the door and chicken prompts were skipped because Woolie set the difficulty down.

yep

Mike obviously continuing to enact his secret plan of ruining the channel as a spy for the Ustabaiz.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one getting annoyed by Pat always fortifying the home node whenever he hacks something. It's a 45% detection chance and he really doesn't need to be doing that!

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one getting annoyed by Pat always fortifying the home node whenever he hacks something. It's a 45% detection chance and he really doesn't need to be doing that!
You're not alone.

It also bothers me he's using the controller for hacking and entering passwords when KB&M is 500% faster.

Boxart video is really cool so far, I miss the days when you actually got artwork for a game (whether it be box art, advertisements in magazines, or art in guides) made by various artist from that region with their own interpretations of the sprites.

Nowadays everything is just the same key assets, and at most one region will use a 3D model render and another will use 2D promo art, but all the provided official art and in game graphics are 100% clear on what it looks like, so you have to just take it as is and there's not room for imagination or interpretation.

Edit: now that I finished it, I'm upset the left out the fighting games.

He must have balls of steel to post something like this on the internet.

That's not the only thing made of steel down there mmhhmm

Edit also is JoJo really good? I remember reading the part of the first arc a long time ago and super cheesy but I could see why people liked it. Don't remember a lot, but Speedwagon is fucking cringe with his "battle commentary" and crying

Edit also is JoJo really good? I remember reading the part of the first arc a long time ago and super cheesy but I could see why people liked it. Don't remember a lot, but Speedwagon is fucking cringe with his "battle commentary" and crying

Yes. It's really good.

What is the thing Woolie was talking about, the progression of becoming the Shade?

It's weird as hell, sometimes a little disturbing, regularly stupid as shit, and amazing at the same time.

Strimei

Yeah, I never really bothered to fortify during the hacking game. And I'm surprised he didn't know about the capturing the red server node trick thing (when you can). It gives you ALL the rewards in that game. Its so useful.

sjay1994

Does Woolie know who the killer is?

lol I saw that live.

He pulled a Bloodborne in that stream
When Jayden was explaining the killers ethnicity and probable time frames, he immediately said "I know someone already in this game who fits that and starts saying "A PI would have loads of time", just like how he predicted Gerhman was the final boss of BB

Woolie's intuition seems really sharp when it comes to a story, not so much in understanding what R1 does.

Matsukaze

JoJo is godlike. Embrace the bizarre and the fabulous.

Top Bottom