• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

It's kind of funny, I think that German Spy's first playthrough will be running about the same position as the SBF playthrough if GS's release schedule stays how it is right now.

I'm salty the podcast is late on one of the rare Tuesdays where I'm the only one in the department. It's the only time at work where I'm able to listen to anything regardless of how inappropriate it is.

Menitta

I'm salty the podcast is late on one of the rare Tuesdays where I'm the only one in the department. It's the only time at work where I'm able to listen to anything regardless of how inappropriate it is.

I know what you mean. The last time the podcast was late, I had no classes. I'm just relistening to 410 billion dead cops right now.

World is a fuck

Could this be the day the podcasts stop being super on time?

The Pax Prime cast last year was late because Pat and Liam got back on Tuesday.

"The gameplay is really good, arguably the best of the series and it looks a lot better than it did when we first saw it. I hope it still fails though."

"We really want the game to do good guys, really. It looks like a dumpster fire and has objectively bad character designs, though. Hope it does well."

Edzi

I find it a little aggravating that Pat has made a couple posts on Twitter complaining about fans being unreasonable towards his DS3 playthrough. Obviously the fans are being dumb, but he knew exactly what he was getting into when he decided to do a blind playthrough, especially considering he keeps asking these same fans through twitter polls how to proceed and letting them dictate the quality of the LP.

Sylas

I find it a little aggravating that Pat has made a couple posts on Twitter complaining about fans being unreasonable towards his DS3 playthrough. Obviously the fans are being dumb, but he knew exactly what he was getting into when he decided to do a blind playthrough, especially considering he keeps asking these same fans through twitter polls how to proceed and letting them dictate the quality of the LP.

So don't read his twitter?

Disgraced

Bmb8T66.jpg

(Wasn't me.)

I find it a little aggravating that Pat has made a couple posts on Twitter complaining about fans being unreasonable towards his DS3 playthrough. Obviously the fans are being dumb, but he knew exactly what he was getting into when he decided to do a blind playthrough,

So he should just roll over and take it? Come on man. Souls fans have the ability to back off and be decent people, happy that their game is continuing to be covered with a diversity of playstyles. At the very least, they have the ability to shut the fuck up once in a while instead of the ungodly criticism of every slight misstep someone might take. They lead with the information that they're going into this blind, they've made it clear that they're pretty far in, and people keep messaging as if they're doing a video live every day. I don't blame Pat for being testy when he has to say the same thing over and over.

Also the fact that his polls keep telling him to go through blind should speak volumes that people actually like him playing like this.

especially considering he keeps asking these same fans through twitter polls how to proceed and letting them dictate the quality of the LP.

I don't get this. He's not exclusively asking Souls fans, he's asking the people who pay attention to his Twitter... Who find this to be very entertaining because they keep voting to have him go totally blind.

Anung

Un Rama
Holy fuck Nioh is tough. I hope they do a one off video because so far its scratching that Onimusha itch (with a twang of Bushido Blade punishment)

Edzi

So he should just roll over and take it? Come on man. Souls fans have the ability to back off and be decent people, happy that their game is continuing to be covered with a diversity of playstyles. At the very least, they have the ability to shut the fuck up once in a while instead of the ungodly criticism of every slight misstep someone might take. They lead with the information that they're going into this blind, they've made it clear that they're pretty far in, and people keep messaging as if they're doing a video live every day. I don't blame Pat for being testy when he has to say the same thing over and over.

Also the fact that his polls keep telling him to go through blind should speak volumes that people actually like him playing like this.

I don't get this. He's not exclusively asking Souls fans, he's asking the people who pay attention to his Twitter... Who find this to be very entertaining because they keep voting to have him go totally blind.

No no no, I'm just saying it's a bit frustrating to see on both ends, and especially because I hate them going forward with the whole blind thing. I'm not defending the assholes from the Souls community who do this for every single Souls LP (hell, just look at all the crap ENB is getting for his LP). It's just a personal grievance that I wanted to post, not trying to say anything more.

Matsukaze

So I guess Pat can't tell a mimic from a chest just by looking at it.
He didn't even seem fazed by the bloodstains, he just thought "Oh boy. Loot!"

I swear there was a DS2 video in which Pat and Woolie were talking about mimics and one of them went "Can you imagine if the very first chest in a game was a mimic?"

Edzi

I... yes? It's someone's twitter account. It's not like it's a big deal, and if it's aggravating you it's a pretty easy thing to disengage from, lol.

So just because I have a not so favorable reaction to a single tweet from someone, I should unfollow them completely? Or just never comment on tweets unless I want to talk about how great they are? Come on.

Nobody is making it a big deal, I had a thought regarding a tweet he made and decided to post it in the SBF community thread because that's what it's for.

Anung

Un Rama
Jeez, I'm three 50 minute videos behind on this LP now. I don't know why but I'm struggling to make my self watch even though its souls. Just been watching some old LP's.

Top Bottom