• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

tumblr_o4x5c5udR41ut06yao1_400.jpg

Once you're in, you're never out.

I hope Woolie catches up on all the filler. The Guren and home sick child filler in particular is pretty amazing.

Oh wow.

So I'm going back and watching Max's old Week Ofs and during his Shadow Jago, he says he can't wait to see it on PC and the modding community that would come out for it. Man it's sad that there won't be one.

Man, I almost wish this podcast would come 1 day later so the guys would have seen and discussed how John Romero's new video has Randy Pitchford vouching for his kickstarter

I wonder if Romero thinks he's so out of the cultural lexicon that he needs Pitchford to lend him relevance. Either way, I'm now completely anti-sold on his Kickstarter.

Don't worry, guys. I'm sure Woolie will just watch Naruto up to the point of Pain and then stop, there's no way he would strap his headband on too tight and continue watching due to restricted cranial circulation. Right?

Anung

Un Rama
Really sad to hear their impressions of TMNT but I'm glad it seems more like a shitty demo than the game itself being shit.

Anung

Un Rama
Nice Outlast impressions. Hopefully they'll actually play this one so we don't get a repeat of the Whistleblower shitstorm video.

Uh, in Episode 3 of Dark Souls 3, was... was that Pat snorting coke halfway through to git gud?

That's probably not necessary, Pat.
But advised.

Menitta

One thing that really bummed me out about the KOF talk was not their impressions, but that they don't like that song! I love it! It's that dumb 90s butt-rock I love.

hupla

Pat was right about Zelda U eventually becoming Zelda NX. He should have taken the bet he proposesed but Liam the coward won't pay up on things like that anyway

Skrams

Yeah, I really hope the show off the Ni-oh demo for people. This shit is good. It's fast like ninja gaiden and has some souls carry over for menus, stats, and shit like that. It's just faster and more ruthless in the damage output or how you have to tackle things. Also hella loot.

If they tackle the demo for a video I'd hope someone played it beforehand to get good so the video isn't all death. There's a lot of shit not immediately explained, so it would be good to have one of them know how shit works beforehand.

And over here I'm just twirling my spear for amazing counters.

I would also love to see a reaction on video to the game being not a spoiler, but I'll spoiler anyway since wow that's a weird design decision
mission based.

The weirder design decision to me is the needlessly inflated enemy health pools.

Like, I'm fighting this dumpy-looking bushin motherfucker, I've bashed down his guard with a half-dozen swings, parried him, run him through, and stabbed him in the back while he's helpless on the ground. Why does he have a third of his health left?

You stopped being even remotely interesting to fight five minutes ago, pal, stay the fuck down.

Anung

Un Rama
On a potential Lost Odyssey LP. I love that game so much and it has so many elements that could work in an LP. An emotionally resonant story, fun gameplay and a killer soundtrack. That said without heavy editing some parts like the last bit of disc 3 and most of disc 4 would be LP poison.

I doubt they'll see this but hopefully someone will let them know the score because if they go in not knowing what to expect t could lead to some bad LP.

The song at the end of the podcast started playing while I'm playing the jet segment of Chris's Resi 6 campaign and holy hell it gelled.

EndMerit

What do they mean with Kars coming back in JoJo? This isn't even the first time they've talked about it and every time I'm thinking:
"No he doesn't.
What?
Have I missed something?"

Top Bottom