• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Tcab96

They said on the podcast it was only going to be all four for the first couple episodes and then it would become a Pat and Liam LP.

My excitement has decreased a bit then. Not a knock on Pat or Liam, but the moments I love is when all four of them are there.

They said on the podcast it was only going to be all four for the first couple episodes and then it would become a Pat and Liam LP.

This is not the Pat and Liam LP I want. Though it might be interesting to see them play a game that isn't a goofy RPG.
Seriously when is Nier.

This is not the Pat and Liam LP I want. Though it might be interesting to see them play a game that isn't a goofy RPG.
Seriously when is Nier.

a month before Nier 2 comes out is when theyll do Nier probably
to hype up the game and get it more sales
least thats what i would do to promote a game i like

Alfebit

Banned
Welp, with Danganronpa and now MGSV guess I'll be steering clear of this place. Don't want to accidentally spoil myself. Bye Felicia.

BazzBro

why are the zaibtsau on my steam store page

I70AATr.png

5297822+_0d6d3e0d5cf3ab282295fc3f35bb7f0e.jpg

I've never even heard of a Dagnolan Rumpla before

Having played every Metal Gear game and never played Danganronpa, I feel like somehow far more equipped to parse what's happening in the latter than the former, regardless.

(Though I will offer one correction for Liam: Snake can actually beat Psycho Mantis without resorting to the controller trick, it's just a pain in the ass.)

FnF will probably be Liam and Pat's SF5 and For Honor footage from PAX. Even if they didn't record something, they'd probably just try to LARP out their matches before they'd play Ultimax.

Edzi

I can't help feeling like an MGSV lp is a bad idea. The game is really long and incredibly grindy, plus I was looking forward to hearing their impressions and stuff sooner rather than later. Now that they're bound by an LP though, not only will they probably miss stuff, but they won't be taking about details in the podcast for ages.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm unfortunately at a point where I can't watch several of the new LPs for spoiler reasons. But it'll give me a nice backlog to catch up with once I'm ready.

I'm unfortunately at a point where I can't watch several of the new LPs for spoiler reasons. But it'll give me a nice backlog to catch up with once I'm ready.
im glad i took your advice about putting this LP on hold till i finished the first 2 Danganronpa games
i woulda been majorly pissed
currently on chapter 3 investigation part
edit:Ska is the Makoto Naegi of the real world

RedBoot

Yeah, it's kind of weird. Until Dawn, Dangan, and MGS are all like that. Luckily, I'm all caught up on Danganronpa (and am actively playing the game ahead of the LP) and I don't play MGS myself (but love the story), so I can watch both of those. Gonna buy Until Dawn as soon as it goes on sale.

Anung

Un Rama

I was at this point a while go. I had nothing to watch due that or total disinterest. Still, after a big drought I can watch Until Dawn, give Danganronpa a go (I have no idea what to expect ouside of everyone loving it) and as much as I think MGSV is a bad idea it'll be a fun ride seeing how they handle an LP of such an LP unfriendly game.

Until Dawn is such a good experience I'd deffo recommend ignoring he LP and playing it yourself. So weird actually. UD is like perfect LP material especially compared to Metal Gear.

Numb

They play current games exclusively sometimes and old games exclusively the other.Mixing and matching seems like it would be better. They do get the same views either way right?

Anung

Un Rama
They play current games exclusively sometimes and old games exclusively the other.Mixing and matching seems like it would be better. They do get the same views either way right?

I think they've mentioned before but sometimes they need to try and get things out to be apart of the zeitgeist. Hitting the iron while its hot so to speak. And I get that, although I'd argue it can affect the quality of LP that we get and actually has the opposite effect of what was intended.

Numb

I think they've mentioned before but sometimes they need to try and get things out to be apart of the zeitgeist. Hitting the iron while its hot so to speak. And I get that, although I'd argue it can affect the quality of LP that we get and actually has the opposite effect of what was intended.

It pushes alot of people away who want to play the games sometimes.
Even waiting a month or so could be good.

Altairre

It pushes alot of people away who want to play the games sometimes.
Even waiting a month or so could be good.

There may be enough people that either don't care or play the game at the same time like me with Until Dawn. It's fun to see what they do in a sequence I just played through. As far as Metal Gear goes I'm going to pick it up down the line but I have no problem watching this lp right now.

Top Bottom