• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Neol

Man it's been a Super Best Friend drought for me, last playthrough I watched was Ride to hell, not interested in wrestling so I haven't seen a single rustlemania video.

I'll probably just have to wait till october for the shitstorm.

Kinda feel you on that. Only watched some of the Rustlemania vids and not really interested in Star Fox and Danganronpa. I would watch Until Dawn but I'm avoiding spoilers cause I plan to actual playthrough it with friends.

Tcab96

Wait, will they really do a metal gear solid v playthrough?

If so, this will be great. It has been a drought for me lately with starfox, rustle mania and replay, but I love Danganronpa and was bouncing off the walls when i saw the video. I'm really interested in Until Dawn.

If they play Metal Gear Solid V it'll be amazing.

MrHoot

Man it's been a Super Best Friend drought for me, last playthrough I watched was Ride to hell, not interested in wrestling so I haven't seen a single rustlemania video.

I'll probably just have to wait till october for the shitstorm.

Yeah mostly been waiting for Until Dawn.

The starfox commentary is good and they're doing their best, but the game is so bleeeeeeeh...uninspired ? It puts me to sleep. And I skipped most of rustlemania although the intros were always gold.

Rare replay was pretty cool tho, just as a general quicklook. Although with the quality of games dipping in the end, you can start hearing them slowly losing interest

Neol

Yeah mostly been waiting for Until Dawn.

The starfox commentary is good and they're doing their best, but the game is so bleeeeeeeh...uninspired ? It puts me to sleep. And I skipped most of rustlemania although the intros were always gold.

Rare replay was pretty cool tho, just as a general quicklook. Although with the quality of games dipping in the end, you can start hearing them slowly losing interest

Yea the end towards Rare Replay was a slog but I definitely appreciate the whole run through of the games.

Feel like a MGS5 LP would be long as hell and I have a feeling each of them want to experience it at there own pace. Then again I'm sure if they wanted to do it it'll be pretty good.

aly

As awesome as MGS V would be, I don't know if it's actually good lp material for more than 1 long episode. It's just that type of game you know.

MrHoot

it would be cool, although i wouldn't be able to watch it as i'm doing a long ass marathon of all the MGS games to catch up.

I'm on MGS1 now and the game is in french on my vita. Snake sounds so much like Rambo it's hilarious

As awesome as MGS V would be, I don't know if it's actually good lp material for more than 1 long episode. It's just that type of game you know.

And a lot of people would probably either want to just play it themselves, or not watch it until they have.

I'd prefer if they did other MGS games instead. I mean, Konami is Konami so I'm worried about the LP itself on youtube. We all know what happened to MGS4's lets watch.

If they are gonna start another LP aside from the ones they have now, its probably gonna be a shorter one since it would probably need to wrap up before the Shitstorm, since I hear Until Dawn is a pretty long game, and the Danganronpa games are pretty long as well.

I'd prefer if they did other MGS games instead. I mean, Konami is Konami so I'm worried about the LP itself on youtube. We all know what happened to MGS4's lets watch.
I'd personally want them to play more MGS3, the only good Metal Gear game
in terms of being an actually good stealth game.

If they are gonna start another LP aside from the ones they have now, its probably gonna be a shorter one since it would probably need to wrap up before the Shitstorm, since I hear Until Dawn is a pretty long game, and the Danganronpa games are pretty long as well.

im on chapter 2 of the first game atm
and i still have the 2nd one to beat after
and then money willing ill be playing the 3rd one
^archlight i smashed everyones face into the ground my entire playthrough and won

Anung

Un Rama

After playing for 45 hours MGSV is not good LP material. It wouldn't work. There are too many grindy missions, side quests, the open world takes a lot of effort to travel through and the story is incredibly sparse and weirdly paced. No way it could be sustained. It'd be like them trying to do an LP of Destiny.

Just do a few heavily edited hype videos and that'd be fine.

I agree. Just do a long 2 hour or so episode showcasing some of the cooler stuff then call it in. A Full LP wouldn't be beneficial to any viewers. It's definitely a must play, hands on game.

Skrams

Wait, will they really do a metal gear solid v playthrough?

If so, this will be great. It has been a drought for me lately with starfox, rustle mania and replay, but I love Danganronpa and was bouncing off the walls when i saw the video. I'm really interested in Until Dawn.

If they play Metal Gear Solid V it'll be amazing.

It seems to be happening as they briefly mentioned it at the end of the podcast. I don't know how they'll sustain it considering the open world flow of the game. The only way they'll be able to keep it up is if they ignore a lot of the running around I would think. There's also going to be hella downtime if they ever need to look over developments, mother base itself, or ever fly in a chopper.

Anung

Un Rama
Also a lot of the meat of the story is hidden on cassette tapes and obviously LP's means they have to talk and not listen. I honestly can't see how it'd work without it being tedious or a lot of footage being edited out.

Podcast was great as per. Loads of excellent SF discussion and it was awesome hearing about their PAX experience. Hearing Pat get excited over DS3 gets me on board super hard.

EDIT: Plus like I said I'm 45 hours in, I've not exactly been rushing through it and it doesn't look like the end is in sight. If they go for it its going to be a looooonnngggg asss LP.

EDIT #2: Plus there is a shit load of incredibly important missable content in MGSV so unless one of them knows a double blind wouldn't work.

aly

Glad I'm not crazy and people got what I meant about MGS V.

I'm so confused ( not surprising since this the third game in a series on a vita) and their lack of paying attention is also making them confused. I might need to put this lp down.

explodet

Podcast was great as per. Loads of excellent SF discussion and it was awesome hearing about their PAX experience. Hearing Pat get excited over DS3 gets me on board super hard.
Highlights for me were the SFV stuff, Maple Leafs blanket, (as a Torontoian, I completely understand the fun people have with hating Toronto) and Matt's battle with crab apples.

Highlights for me were the SFV stuff, Maple Leafs blanket, (as a Torontoian, I completely understand the fun people have with hating Toronto) and Matt's battle with crab apples.

I really like hearing these weird tidbits about their actual lives.

I'd happily listen to an entire podcast of them talking about SF5 for several hours

Glad I'm not crazy and people got what I meant about MGS V.

I'm so confused ( not surprising since this the third game in a series on a vita) and their lack of paying attention is also making them confused. I might need to put this lp down.
Well, the first two were on PSP and mobile too. But yeah, Woolie constantly needing to read the log is kinda annoying. I know you can't read, but read dammit!
He's the shin rising superstar. I can't wait for him to be on the regular podcast.

Is he kill? I haven't seen him post recently.

Squishy3

It seems to be happening as they briefly mentioned it at the end of the podcast. I don't know how they'll sustain it considering the open world flow of the game. The only way they'll be able to keep it up is if they ignore a lot of the running around I would think. There's also going to be hella downtime if they ever need to look over developments, mother base itself, or ever fly in a chopper.
It's something that suits itself for simple edits, too, though.

Or they can go REAL META AND DO THE KOJIMA FAST FORWARD EDITING THAT'S IN THE TRAILERS.

kewlmyc

Them not paying attention to what is going on is kinda hurting this playthough since it's a story heavy game.

I love this series to death, but this is such an odd choice for a full LP. It's the 3rd game of a story heavy series that's exclusive to Sony Handhelds, so unlike MGSV, most of the SBF fans aren't going to have a clue what's going on. Plus despite the LP mentioning heavy spoilers, they're not really mentioning or explaining much about the first two games, thus confusing the audience even moreso. AWhen they do mention references to the previous games, it's usually wrong information (like the "swimming idiot bimbo" being Kirigiri and not the Ultimate Swimmer, Aoi Asahina).

It's rough now, but hopefully the quality improves once they get the JP audio. There's a bunch of subtle information to come that they might miss due to not paying attention and talking over the cutscenes.

I'm enjoying the crap out of Until Dawn though. Reminds me of the Heavy Rain playthrough.

Holy shit. I played Until Dawn twice and never did the Matt and Emily part from the latest video. Jess and Em fought it both times. The game is incredible.

Them not paying attention to what is going on is kinda hurting this playthough since it's a story heavy game.

I love this series to death, but this is such an odd choice for a full LP. It's the 3rd game of a story heavy series that's exclusive to Sony Handhelds, so unlike MGSV, most of the SBF fans aren't going to have a clue what's going on. Plus despite the LP mentioning heavy spoilers, they're not really mentioning or explaining much about the first two games, thus confusing the audience even moreso. AWhen they do mention references to the previous games, it's usually wrong information (like the "swimming idiot bimbo" being Kirigiri and not the Ultimate Swimmer, Aoi Asahina).

It's rough now, but hopefully the quality improves once they get the JP audio. There's a bunch of subtle information to come that they might miss due to not paying attention and talking over the cutscenes.

Woolie did just say on twitter "...[it's] an odd LP". I am generally curious why they are even doing it. Then again it isn't like they can play the other 2. All the story and heavy amounts of text just wouldn't work for their style of LP.

I'll give the LP a chance mind, after I get Ultra Despair Girls. Danganronpa is a series where spoilers suck and ruin the experience.
Basically, pls play Danganronpa 1 and 2 before watching the LP. This game seems like it'd be too heavy in story for someone to casually enjoy an LP. Especially if they're getting the actual story of the past games wrong.
Totally my own opinion mind.

Xux

Damn, you mean I actually have to play the video game now so I'm always ahead of them?

...Fine.

Laputa_94

It's going to be interesting to see how long this lasts before it falls apart. Still, ballsy of them.

I'm with you on this too. Especially since its all four, so hopefully it doesn't become like the podcast with two conversations happening at once.

Archgan

I'm with you on this too. Especially since its all four, so hopefully it doesn't become like the podcast with two conversations happening at once.
They said on the podcast it was only going to be all four for the first couple episodes and then it would become a Pat and Liam LP.

Top Bottom