• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

kewlmyc

@ Dark souls ep 9
Pat ur overleveled for crystal sage to be that easy

Not really. Fast/strong hits make that fight a cake walk. Just got to find the right one and kill it as fast as possible. Another fight they're gonna hit eventually is the same, but with a time limit.

Reboot 8+9
jdTB0rT.png

Somehow Reboot 9 got uploaded before 8 so I was really confused who this French guy was talking to Woolie and why they were suddenly playing as a tiny child.

Zocano

Not really. Fast/strong hits make that fight a cake walk. Just got to find the right one and kill it as fast as possible. Another fight they're gonna hit eventually is the same, but with a time limit.

The weird thing with a lot of Dark Souls 3 bosses is the more you overthink them, the harder they are. Like Crystal Sage, Deacons, etc. are a chumpuses if you're just hyper aggressive. Seeing ENB and Patrick Klepek struggle a bit with Crystal Sage and then die once or twice on Deacons was kind of amusing. Over-analyzing fucks you over in Dark Souls 3. It carries over a lot of the NO, GET IN THERE AND FUCKING KILL THEM momentum of Bloodborne.

sjay1994

I guess people just prefer reactions over quailty.

Basically. People simply want to see their reactions to something. It's why their lets watches are in high demand.

Reading the vessel/Reddit/YouTube comments make me wonder why they still do these lps because they can never seem to please anyone.

Like I know this all of these complaints can come from a singular collective, but fuck man, the mixed signals they keep getting from people amazes me they still keep doing these LPs.

-Play the game blind Pat
-How the fuck did you miss that Pat? Its not like you are playing a blind Lp and are constantly talking with 2 other people, so how could you miss the blue glow behind a couple of boxes. (Cloranthy ring). I've even seen people complaining that he missed joining the mound makers.
-How the fuck did you find that Pat? He must be playing ahead/someone told him. (Silver Serpent ring)
-Don't get help with the side quests Pat.
-How did you miss that part of the side quest Pat? (The sleep gesture from Seigward)
-He is so overleveled, because he can't go to new areas naturally because Mat and Woolie need to be there to see progress, and he wants to play the game so he just explores and replays old areas.

It always amazes me they keep doing these LPs since BB, since the comments are always like this.

If there's anyone who complains that he didn't join the Moundmakers, fuck them. It's the most obscure and obtuse thing possible.

"Possible"? Nah, some quests in that game are way worse. MM is just going to an area and approaching an enemy. Probably the hardest part of it is finding that specific area.

Moonlight

Banned
"Possible"? Nah, some quests in that game are way worse. MM is just going to an area and approaching an enemy. Probably the hardest part of it is finding that specific area.
Approach an enemy the game has already 'taught' you about and gives really no indication that you should be treating it any differently than the five others you've fought leading up to that point. It's specific as fuck.

mike0dude

Approach an enemy the game has already 'taught' you about and gives really no indication that you should be treating it any differently than the five others you've fought leading up to that point. It's specific as fuck.

yeah there's another random non-aggressive monster like 20 feet away that tells you something super cryptic about what you need to do that is really not obvious.

The monster isn't aggro to you, which was a sign to me immediately that something was up with it. And the prompt to examine comes up before you're close enough to BS. But I can see people missing it if they use ranged attacks on lots of enemies

Honestly, the game just seems to be going for obtuse for it's own sake:

The conditions for the extra NPC scene in the Cathedral of the Deep are just moronic. The amount of doubling back through areas you would have no reason to go through, at points you would have no business being there, is just needless and frankly, kind of fucking rude.

There's a similar micro-aggression at the entrance to Irithyll, where to get a scene to progress you have to double back across an area immediately after clearing it. There's no reason you would ever, in the entire game, need to physically go through this area again (there are no enemies, no items, and there are literally bonfires on either end of this completely linear path, in a particularly bizarre choice of placements considering how conservative the levels are with bonfires otherwise, basically guaranteeing that if you ever wanted to go back to the previous area for some reason you would just warp anyway).

I'm pretty sure it's just Miyazaki saying, "You guys like this shit, right? You liked that shitty questline that we didn't really get around to polishing in the first game and everyone in QA complained about, didn't you? Here you go, eat up you dogs."

It's not quite as bad as Dark Souls 2 in that regard, but it definitely feels like someone was consulting a checklist of Things the Internet Said Make Dark Souls Good rather than just putting this together organically.

RedBoot

Things I didn't expect to hear about during the Twilight Princess LP: Outlaw Star
Things I didn't expect Woolie to be super-wrong about: Outlaw Star

(also, I'm surprised Woolie liked Milly more than Meryl. I thought we were short-haired girl bros, Woolie!)

Moaradin

Outlaw Star is better than Trigun. I actually don't know why Trigun is held in such high regard next to shows like Cowboy Bebop... other than being around the same time frame. Trigun is good but nowhere near that level.

Laputa_94

Outlaw Star is better than Trigun. I actually don't know why Trigun is held in such high regard next to shows like Cowboy Bebop... other than being around the same time frame. Trigun is good but nowhere near that level.

I would assume Trigun gets more credibility due to the manga which is apparently more fleshed out and superior.

I remember the first time I fought Greatwood, I was like "Huh, wonder where the boss is. It can't be that tree thing in the corner, that's way to big to be a boss. Wonder where it i-OH SHIT DAMN"

*attacks harmless bounce off its supple tree flesh*

You died.

Next time, bring in summons to figure how to damage it, we kill the boss, he's in his dying animation

"Connection to the DARK SOULS III servers has been lost. Returning you to the main menu"

noooo.jpg

Fight boss 2nd time, burn his corpse to appease the Mound.

Strimei

How many red bulls is Pat pounding down before these sessions? Having to be guided to bonfires by Matt and Woolie gat dam

That bonfire may be hard to find for some. A guy on the subreddit says he had no idea it was there and he's done three playthroughs already.

To be fair, as Matt noted, the daylight makes it a bit harder to see there.

That bonfire may be hard to find for some. A guy on the subreddit says he had no idea it was there and he's done three playthroughs already.

To be fair, as Matt noted, the daylight makes it a bit harder to see there.

It's a combination of the lighting, textures, and the fact the natural viewing angle the player's likely to swivel the camera to entering the area, yeah. There are a couple like that.

Edzi

Man, I've been watching the Team Four Star Pokemon Nuzlocke run (about 40 episodes in now) and it's just absurd how much better their run is compared to the Best Friends considering how similar the layout is (Nuzlocke rules, 3 people, similarly timed episodes). I think it's mostly due to the insane amount of enthusiasm the TFS guys have throughout each episode, while the best friends seemed to lose interest almost immediately. I didn't really mind how lame their Nuzlocke was because I figured it was just the nature of doing an LP for a game like Pokemon (though their stream finale was great), but seeing the TFS guys pull it off has me sad thinking about how good the series could have been if they didn't give up on it so fast.

To many good pokemon post gen one to be a gen onner. Sometimes it takes some time to get used to them. Like I honestly never cared for swampert, but I spent some time with him in Diamond/Pearl and now he is one of my faves(although mudkip still looks terrible). Sure, plenty of shit ones too, but real talk, gen one has plenty of shitty and boring ones as well.

BossRush

Oh man I wonder if they're going to take the KOF 2000 on PS4 news and make a joke that a game 16 years older looks better than KOF XIV

Top Bottom