• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

What about Wooolie and Liam?

I meant Liam when I said "waifus". I couldn't think of a more polite word. As with Saint Aldrich of the Deep, Liam's... appetites are not a matter for public discourse.

Woolie's longing for pies and lies is well-documented. No one even knows why he does it, anymore. He's the Patches of the Best Friends.

If Pat is going to over level this much he better use the whip.
Why's pat stonewalling the whip so hard anyway? Everyone knows they're yhe best weapons in souls games. Hell, I'm almost positive even Miyazaki said they're the best in that one interview. You all know the one, right?

Anung

Un Rama
I find it puzzling why people would hold them to something like a "professional" standard, they should know these guys are just guys with simple urges, being entertainers comes a close second.

Eh, when there's talks of offices and they'd like people to pay them directly via vessel its not unfair for people to expect professionalism to take a step up.

Matsukaze

Pat did a fine job and Liam-sensei did what he gets paid to do - provide enough pointers to ease the adjustment process but withhold enough information that Pat still bites the dust in new encounters. :p

I know Pat said he doesn't want to do a Ni-Oh LP when it comes out, but assuming the game lives up to its potential, I wouldn't mind seeing one. Then again, another Souls-ish LP is a recipe for people screaming at him for trying to enjoy the game as he sees fit, so there's that.

Anung

Un Rama
Pat and Liam play Nioh

This should be good. It'll be interesting to see how they handle its difficulty considering how tough it can be. Unless Pat just over levels off camera lolololol

EDIT: Hell, this video is making me wish Liam was in the DS3 LP so much. He's a good souls co-pilot.

I wonder... Now that Nioh comes around and seemingly setting the bar higher in difficulty, would Souls fans adapt to the new style, or would they simply not bother and stick to familiar territory.

JC Sera

this is the screenshot chrome chooses to use for vessel now :')
ed2e93047ffd465d693a500c3e8ddc36.png

Syder

It's not a surprise. Pat couldn't resist playing ahead in bloodborne and was clearly desperately to do the same here.
Reminds me of Spy's 'blind' playthrough where he happens to 'stumble upon' the roof jump spot at Firelink as soon as he walked passed it.

Fat4all

Banned
Quick question for those who have seen the latest Vessel DS3 vid

What's that Jontron thing they are referencing through the video?

I agree with Liam about Brightness, but for a slightly different reason:

I don't know if I have mutant night vision or what, but I never experience non-total darkness in the way it's represented in games. It's confusing as shit for me to see "real" darkness in anything but a completely closed-off, lightless room, and it seems like the "thing" in games now is for it to be completely pitch black outdoors at night, which I have never experienced to even remotely be the case.

Like, Dragon's Dogma is a good example of this. Fuck you I need a lantern to walk around outside on a perfectly normal night.

Nordicus

Like, Dragon's Dogma is a good example of this. Fuck you I need a lantern to walk around outside on a perfectly normal night.
But you also do live in a perfectly normal society with street lighting right?

Dragon's Dogma maybe exaggerates just a little, but I remember distinctly that during my conscription, the first time I met the officer trainee in charge of me and a 30 other rookies, I could not see his face 10 meters from me when he introduced himself during field training day in the woods, despite snow reflecting what little light we got

But you also do live in a perfectly normal society with street lighting right?

I grew up in the mountains.

It's not that dark in nature on a normal night, at least not to me. If that's the way the rest of you see it... uh, sucks to be you, I guess?

Dragon's Dogma maybe exaggerates just a little, but I remember distinctly that during my conscription, the first time I met the officer trainee in charge of me and a 30 other rookies, I could not see his face 10 meters from me when he introduced himself during field training day in the woods, despite snow reflecting what little light we got

I had no trouble doing field exercises in the dark. The woods of Georgia are perfectly navigable by dark, even with the tree canopy. The mountains of Afghanistan by night may as well be lit.

Like, if that's the way the world actually looks to you, then I guess the recommended brightness settings make sense. To me, it's completely absurd.

Anung

Un Rama
What Pat? Nioh felt notably harder after playing hours of over levelled Dark Souls 3. You don't say!

Glad they are digging it though. Obviously the souls elements are blatent but I'm digging it more as a Onimusha x Bushido Blade game. It feels fresh because I'm so acclimatised to Souls.

Catching up on the podcast and this guest guy is very talkative haha!

I've never really watched anything on twitch other than SBF. Is there a way to silence all the obnoxious noise and just see moderator's comments in the chat?

I don't think so. You can block every single viewer except for Mothman, ChieBestWaifu, and Cranky.

Yeah that seemed to be the only way, just wasn't sure if I was missing an option somewhere. Before it had started there was a good half dozen users saying the stream was cancelled and I couldn't isolate any moderator confirmations because of the viewer spam.

Ah, good, more hand hold Woolie through Demon's Souls

Woolie reminds me of the kid you have in the family who wants to do the cool stuff but needs a lot of help to do it. Will have to skip this stream due to other commitments but hope they upload it my end of May.

Matsukaze

Not watching the stream, but are they (Pat and Spy) still doing that obnoxious thing where Woolie isn't allowed to make his own decisions or discover things on his own?

Top Bottom