• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

I'm real curious how Pat's going to handle something in TYM in Human Revolution.

The ambush in the penthouse, specifically
. He's thrown away or ignored every mine template, which I found so valuable for that portion. Just set up a bunch and you save yourself a massive headache.

Wonder what he's going to do.

Probably die a number of times.

I'm real curious how Pat's going to handle something in TYM in Human Revolution.

The ambush in the penthouse, specifically
. He's thrown away or ignored every mine template, which I found so valuable for that portion. Just set up a bunch and you save yourself a massive headache.

Wonder what he's going to do.

Probably die a number of times.
In my no kills no alarms playthrough, I just hid in the floor Until I could progress. So I'm sure he'll find a way

Zocano

Man this is so fucking stupid

The "summons but not for bosses" is a dumb principle to go by because the levels are far more important experiences to have with a Souls game. Moreso than the other games, the gauntlet through the levels in Demon's is far more important than the Dark games because of the level structure.

This is such a fucking disappointment to watch.

Man this is so fucking stupid

The "summons but not for bosses" is a dumb principle to go by because the levels are far more important experiences to have with a Souls game. Moreso than the other games, the gauntlet through the levels in Demon's is far more important than the Dark games because of the level structure.

This is such a fucking disappointment to watch.

They stream like once a month. Do you want Demon's souls to take several years? The reason they don't want summons in bosses is because they want Woolie to actually see them.

Zocano

They stream like once a month. Do you want Demon's souls to take several years? The reason they don't want summons in bosses is because they want Woolie to actually see them.

Woolie was already making a good pace without the summons because of the literal guides sitting next to him. That was never going to be an issue. The summons trivialize the levels.

Skrams

Plague gripes a lot over a lot of nothing.

Also there was totally a dick being sucked in that Bible Black clip. You could see it in the background. Shaft and pubic hair it looked like.

Zocano

I don't mind them looking up finding side quests for the Dark Souls 3 LP but I really think people overexaggerate the "obtuseness" of that specific ending for Dark Souls 3.

I'm only a few minutes into the Drawing Bored, and I have a question - is it just me, or do most of the default female character templates look Asian, while the guys look Caucasian?

Edit: also, the sound balance in this video is terrible.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm only a few minutes into the Drawing Bored, and I have a question - is it just me, or do most of the default female character templates look Asian, while the guys look Caucasian?

Edit: also, the sound balance in this video is terrible.
Of course because of anime and they dont want you making black people.

I actually wouldn't mind summons for most of Demon's bosses. There are only a few (basically, the humanoids) that are actually good enough bosses anyone should ever be keen to fight them more than once.

Having to snore through fights like Armored Spider and Phalanx is one of the main things that makes DeS my least-revisited Souls game, even below DS2, despite liking it quite a bit more. The bosses really tank the replayability for me.

Haha, wow.
*Vessel Spoilers*

Did they totally skip Patches in the DSIII LP?
Having not seen the episode yet I'm going to assume yes. I'm 3 Lord of cinders down and have no idea where you find him. enb found him in fire link despite having never interacted with him before. Dude appears to be an elusive mfer in this game.

Having not seen the episode yet I'm going to assume yes. I'm 3 Lord of cinders down and have no idea where you find him. enb found him in fire link despite having never interacted with him before. Dude appears to be an elusive mfer in this game.

I had this happen my first playthrough but not my third (the second I looked up where to find him "properly" and did that), and I think the difference is in when you buy/use that 20k key from the Handmaiden.

Apparently, he supposedly shows up and locks you in the tower with the drop to the Firekeeper's Soul. I didn't notice it happen in my first game, but that might have been because I saw a shiny and just went for it, leaving poor Patches up there to gloat at absolutely nothing. I think if you do this too early in the game, though, he won't show up?

That's my guess, anyway; I know when it happened to me he apologized even though I had never actually seen him before.

I think that Potato Marshal dude is the same person who invaded Brad in Giant Bomb's Demon's Souls lp from over a year ago.

Kinda crazy.

Zocano

I think that Potato Marshal dude is the same person who invaded Brad in Giant Bomb's Demon's Souls lp from over a year ago.

Kinda crazy.

It was. Same armor and everything.

That's my guess, anyway; I know when it happened to me he apologized even though I had never actually seen him before.
I believe starting with the latest patch that the trigger is getting inside the CotD. He won't show up in the tower before then.

Squishy3

DS3 spoilers regarding Patches:

There's an optional encounter with him in Cathedral of the Deep where if you open the big green doors that go back out to the front of the cathedral after you've found the second shortcut and reload the game world you can talk to Siegward in the world and then see Patches wearing Siegward's armor and he tells you to cross the bridge then lowers it and makes the giant hostile, after you deal with him you can drop down to the side Rosaria's covenant is on and talk to him and can buy Siegward's armor back from him right then and there to get him out of the well. You can miss this encounter entirely and he'll still appear at Firelink selling Siegward's armor and can trap you in the tower after you buy the key, but won't do it if you buy the key really early I think?

Wow, you know it's bad when I'm almost to the end of the game and Pat has 10 more hours than me.

Also I see he's finally become the filthy rapier user he was always destined to be.

Eumi

Go Pat go! Break past the level caps! We all believe in you! SL 200 endgame here we go! If that's not possible we know you'll find a way!

All the over leveling in the world won't help you if you're lost.

The only thing I'm disappointed is him settling for a 'boring' weapon after how hyped he saw the Farron Greatsword, hell I would have even settled for the twinswords.

Skrams

What's this about Woolie getting butthurt about Jorge Joestar?

He made that comment about it on the podcast or punisher or wherever and made it sound like Araki wrote it. Everyone and their dead dog then corrected him on it which is where that tweet came from if you're referring to that.

Wow, way to totally undermine their own LP.

If he enjoys the game more when he's overpowered then that's his prerogative. Of course it's less entertaining for the viewers but it's their LP and how they play the game is their business. I still find the LP entertaining, I get to see what the game has to offer, their banter is great and the game isn't exactly a cake walk even if you're overleveled, the fights aren't the only challenging part about it.

I think Pat is like me, I like to have an overpowered army in Fire Emblem, min-maxing the shit out of it, the game isn't challenging but I really enjoy my powerful characters.

Strimei

Even for being overleveled/powered, Pat almost got his rear handed to him by those maggot-zombies, so yeah, there's still some danger and its entertaining (least to me).

Edzi

If he enjoys the game more when he's overpowered then that's his prerogative. Of course it's less entertaining for the viewers but it's their LP and how they play the game is their business.

I wish this was actually the case. Pat getting into twitter arguments with unreasonable fans regarding DS3 wouldn't annoy me so much if it wasn't him who decided to let the fans dictate this playthrough instead of deciding himself what would be best for his enjoyment and the LPs overall quality. It's kinda hard to sympathize when he willingly sacrificed an ideal LP environment just to appease some fans who probably would have watched the LP regardless of it being blind or not, and there's also the fact that they've done this twice before with the same type of obnoxious fan behavior (and they've all acknowledged the shortcomings of doing a souls LP like this) so they clearly knew what they were getting into.

Again, I'm not excusing the shitty fan behavior, just pointing out how frustrating this is to watch from the pov of someone who isn't watching or even invested in their Souls LPs.

Anung

Un Rama
Can't disagree with Edzi's assessment. This clearly isn't the way Pat wants to play but more him trying to find a way to sate his desire to play while adhering to the blind LP rule the majority voted for. Exept now nobody wins and the LP is a lot less tense/interesting as a whole. Dark Souls 3 is already an easy souls experience so him putting in as many hours grinding it (in first third of the game) as it took me to finish my first playthrough just saps all the fun out. I appreciate that others can still enjoy it but steam rolling areas, pretending to be less knowledgable than he is and 3 people staring at one screen and somehow missing everything is just bad viewing for my taste. I'm not a precious souls fan either but they should have stuck to their guns and played it their way as it'd be a damn sight better than what this is becoming.

Also I'm up to part 9 and I'm already getting tired of "your so easy/not so bad" when he's twenty-odd levels above the area baseline is just awful. Plus the constant squeeling is grating (probably because I'm watching it in one big chunk) every time a souls reference happens oh wait wasn't DS2 a piece of shit for that very thing?

If he enjoys the game more when he's overpowered then that's his prerogative. Of course it's less entertaining for the viewers but it's their LP and how they play the game is their business. I still find the LP entertaining, I get to see what the game has to offer, their banter is great and the game isn't exactly a cake walk even if you're overleveled, the fights aren't the only challenging part about it.

I think Pat is like me, I like to have an overpowered army in Fire Emblem, min-maxing the shit out of it, the game isn't challenging but I really enjoy my powerful characters.

I've had to bailed on the lp because he's nearing where I left off but people need to accept its pats game to play. Will never understand the people who aren't enjoying it but will need to drop a comment on a regular basis to repeat the same complaint.

Strimei

How the hell did Pat know how to get rid of those leaches? Hell, I beat the game weeks ago and I didn't know that until now.

He actually just tweeted about this.

"I saw Marcus tweet something about the leech guys a while back I knew the torch was important but not why."

Wow, he's at the level I was when I beat the game. Might as well wiki everything since they can't help themselves and run the the game on a 'perfect' playthrough.

Eumi

I'm loving watching pat just shut down all the crazy people trying to catch him cheating. Most of the fun I get from these souls lps are from how angry the fanbase gets. Watching dark souls fans throw a tantrum has never not been entertaining and I really hope they never stop.

Top Bottom