• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Yeah, he must have thought it was ok because he wasn't certain if the spoiler was part of the game or not.

Having read some more about that scene in another topic, it is in the game, but its clear its not a spoiler at all. Certainly much less so then the giant spoiler Liam dropped earlier in the pod cast.

Xater

Having read some more about that scene in another topic, it is in the game, but its clear its not a spoiler at all. Certainly much less so then the giant spoiler Liam dropped earlier in the pod cast.

It's not a spoiler. I am of the opinion that if it isn't plot related it's not a spoiler. I am less picky about that stuff than some people. Not knowing about it was a nice surprise though when I played through the game on the weekend. I can see that being the case for a lot of people.

Skrams

Uncharted 4 "spoiler" drops at 2:19:30 and ends at 2:20:20. The thing from Liam mirrored my reaction a bit since I've seen that gaf thread of "Hey yo, Naughty Dog Easter Egg Uncharted 4 (spoiler, maybe?)" or whatever. It's been on the front page for a bit. It's actually a cool, unique moment, so I'm a bit annoyed that Woolie talked about it. I already had my copy of the game and was going to play it after finishing the podcast. I almost made it to the finish line, but nah.

I think saying Liam "shut down" discussion is dumb considering Pat already got his first thoughts out saying, "Yeah, this shit is getting weird," or something like that. It really wasn't a thing that you could say much about besides yeah, that's nuts.

As soon as I saw the name Potato_Marshal I knew what was going to happen to Woolie.

I enjoyed that moment in chat with the real OGs who typed out POTATO when he came in. You know, like me.

Anung

Un Rama
Wow, no one is making it out of this twitter rampage unscathed. Got people dick riding Pat left and right, Souls fan acting like assholes and even Pat is coming off like a twat.

It's almost fun to watch in a cringey way.

Strimei

Man, the skeleton ball is really up there in this playthrough, alongside the mimic.

Also this episode should satisfy those wanting deaths (though granted most of them were to said ball, but still).

Man, the skeleton ball is really up there in this playthrough, alongside the mimic.

Also this episode should satisfy those wanting deaths (though granted most of them were to said ball, but still).

Pat somehow managing to
get rekt by skeleton ball THREE TIMES is amazing

Zocano

What shit ass guide is woolie reading that says don't tell Anri of Horace. What stupid bullshit. They missed out on a neat little thing.

Edzi

What shit ass guide is woolie reading that says don't tell Anri of Horace. What stupid bullshit. They missed out on a neat little thing.

Doesn't telling her cause her to go Hollow? I'm pretty sure they said they wanted to get the Lord of Hollows ending, so you'd need her to stay sane.

Gestahl

Doesn't telling her cause her to go Hollow? I'm pretty sure they said they wanted to get the Lord of Hollows ending, so you'd need her to stay sane.

She only dies if you tell her if you're stupid enough to leave the guy alive and yet send her there to his rabid ass anyway

Zocano

Telling her does fuck all but make her check out the place and make a grave for Horace. Like the poster above me said, the only real cut off is if you tell her to go there when Horace is still alive, in which case he'll just kill her.

Edzi

Telling her does fuck all but make her check out the place and make a grave for Horace. Like the poster above me said, the only real cut off is if you tell her to go there when Horace is still alive, in which case he'll just kill her.

You sound really upset about this when you really shouldn't be since it's a super minor (and pretty obtuse) thing. If I had to guess what happened, it's that whoever is guiding them towards the ending they want was following old information, since there was a lot of confusion surrounding what exactly you had to do during the first few weeks of the game being out.

Man, even I didn't expect Pat to eat it that many times to the LP's new hero. Could this be the work of an enemy stand?!

It is. I love that they gave him a dumb little hat and everything.

Man, even I didn't expect Pat to eat it that many times to the LP's new hero. Could this be the work of an enemy stand?!

It is. I love that they gave him a dumb little hat and everything.

One of the strongest part of the lp for certain. Matt and woolie kept the tradition and overused the Skelton warrior joke beyond reason. I stopped playing after the catacombs boss so was a good send off for me to leave the lp.

MrHoot

He's probably using the checklist thing that doesn't tell you in detail the context of quests and such, just a list of things to do for completionist sake. So he's probably in the dark himself as to what exactly the choices entail. One thing for sure, they're going for the
londor
ending which is pretty cool

If anyone wants to claim this as their own creation feel free to post it in that pun-pun thing because I'm too lazy to reddit.

SM_Col_subs.png

Totally not Sailor Moon

No one is arguing either of those things. No one whose actually played the game would say it's designed perfectly. That said, the catacomb/New Londo/undeadburg choice at the beginning is not an example of bad design in it. Sure, they set you up to immediately talk to Crestfallen, but nothing about what he says tells you to go to the catacombs. He tells you the bell is up above and then you have a choice of staircases to go up.

One is on the on the far left when you turn and leads to the graveyard/catacombs, which will often led to an early death. One in the middle leads to a dead end and an early-game treasure trove, looping back to the graveyard. The one on the right then leads to far easier enemies and undeadburg... Or you can ignore Crestfallen entirely and go downstairs to get bodied by ghosts. It's all a learning experience and can easily be avoided by simply picking a path and having it be the right one or changing your decision after it proves to be too much for you.

Aside from making it entirely linear right off the bat, there's not much else you can do there short of flat out telling players not to go a certian way.

It's just really hard to see the path to the Burg, imo. It wouldn't hurt to just widen the path to make it slightly more obvious, but it also doesn't matter that much if you aren't worried about alienating people who aren't determined enough to explore more. It's fine as is, but definitely is unclear.
Holy shit I think I might be part skeleton how do I know for sure
find a skeleton to take hostage until your skeleton leaves your body

Strimei

I love Pat's line of thought with Wolnir's breath attack.

"Hm, this giant skeleton dude is spewing out this ominous black fog. I'm just gonna stand in it, what could go wrong?"

edit: Also "This is not Irithyll!" Despite the whole IRITHYLL OF THE BOREAL VALLEY message that just came across the screen.

Strimei

I have to say, Pat and Matt geeking out over the Montreal skyline in DXHR was amusing and rather cute. I know the feeling too, though the last time I recall seeing my hometown show up in a game...

Well, let me just say this: Fallout 3.

aly

Finally caught up on the Dark Souls 3 lp. Not bad, even with the over leveled Pat shenanigans. The skeleton ball of death quickly showed him the error of his ways.

Skrams

I hope one of the guys manage to see that Polygon Doom video that's doing the rounds. So cringe inducing.

It's hard to watch. Someone posted it on the reddit, so I'd imagine one of them might see it. I would imagine the one playing is Arthur Gies too. The same man who gave up on Star Fox Zero, but also gave Wolfenstein The New Order a 9/10. It's a weird thing.

Like I don't feel like I can even point out a singular part in the video where I think it shows how bad it is. The whole thing just felt like a man playing with one hand or a person who could only move one stick at a time.

It's hard to watch. Someone posted it on the reddit, so I'd imagine one of them might see it. I would imagine the one playing is Arthur Gies too. The same man who gave up on Star Fox Zero, but also gave Wolfenstein The New Order a 9/10. It's a weird thing.

Gies is a terrible reviewer, but "gave up on Star Fox Zero, but also gave Wolfenstein: The New Order a 9/10" describes like 90% of people who have played both those games.

Top Bottom