• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Moonlight

Banned
A few days late to this but I seriously don't get these small side projects that Trigger does. Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer, and now Luluco. Like they're not really that great, what do people see in it?
They're cheap to produce and keep some of their off-season creatives busy. Not hard to understand. For Luluco in particular, I believe Crunchyroll has a part to play in producing the show in the first place.

In general, for stuff like Inferno Cop, it pads out their portfolio and boosts their visibility, and like, mission accomplished.

No, I mean the actual
illusiory statue in the video
it's already gone when they get to it.
This also happened to me when I went for that ending, so maybe it's intentional? I don't think Pat would scout ahead if Woolie has the notes there.
I think Plague would make a pretty good DM
I didn't know how much I wanted this until now. I hope this becomes a thing.
You know what's better than pigtails? Twintails.
This is true. However, only ojou-samas can rep twindrills.

Xux

This also happened to me when I went for that ending, so maybe it's intentional? I don't think Pat would scout ahead if Woolie has the notes there.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now. I hope this becomes a thing.

This is true. However, only ojou-samas can rep twindrills.
Ah, okay. I figured it was quest. Which is weird because what's behind it doesn't really change if you fail it early.

They're Adult Swim style short episodes. Why does anyone like Robot Chicken, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Frisky Dingo, etc? Sometimes hilarious batshit insane stories are incredibly entertaining when everyone in the production gives it they're all.

I mean I don't find any of those particularly good/entertaining so maybe it's just me.

Strimei

DS3 part 17: I had a good laugh when Pat mentioned how Irithyll seems filled with blind corners and hard to see enemies.

Right before he reaches one of those rooms full of those invisible thralls.

I really did like Irithyll overall but man, I hate those invisible guys.

Skrams

A few days late to this but I seriously don't get these small side projects that Trigger does. Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer, and now Luluco. Like they're not really that great, what do people see in it?

I mean I don't find any of those particularly good/entertaining so maybe it's just me.

It's probably just you then. If you don't like zany, over the top, or out there things like that then yeah, it's probably not for you. Luluco is just some nutso stuff and is very fun for most people. A very fuck it, yeah, sure, do whatever the fuck you want attitude. If you don't like KLK or whatever other comparable balls to the walls of space stuff then well, yeah.

Numb

Yooooo!
Early podcast!

excellent.gif

Anung

Un Rama
Too late for me to start listening but I'm intrigued to hear what they make of DOOM. I've binge played it over the weekend and loved it. Up there as one of the best games I've played this year.

DS3 part 17: I had a good laugh when Pat mentioned how Irithyll seems filled with blind corners and hard to see enemies.

Right before he reaches one of those rooms full of those invisible thralls.

I really did like Irithyll overall but man, I hate those invisible guys.

Yeah, I'm not keen on those guys. They're mostly obnoxious on first-play and, because you basically know where they all are, almost completely pointless on NG+.

I also feel like they kind of kill the mood and mystique of the area, if not quite as bad as abrupt fuck-dogs out of nowhere. (Seriously, From, this is one of the most beautiful and haunting areas in the series, take your raggedy-ass, cheap-as-fuck Poochies and dump them in the Dungeon or something.)

It's probably just you then. If you don't like zany, over the top, or out there things like that then yeah, it's probably not for you. Luluco is just some nutso stuff and is very fun for most people. A very fuck it, yeah, sure, do whatever the fuck you want attitude. If you don't like KLK or whatever other comparable balls to the walls of space stuff then well, yeah.

KLK was fucking great in my books, loved that week to week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see they're going to talk about the new pokemon starters. I hope they like Popplio.

owl or bust

Part 17: Woolie's losing it.

Eumi

Good to see this page start off with more 'Dark Souls 3's staged' truthers. Yes I know it was resolved almost immediately but I can't get enough of the accusations, they make the lp so much better.

MrHoot

So spoilers for vessels, kinda, without actually revealing

If you think games like Devil's third or the minecraft story mode are the bottom of the quality barrel
They managed to turn over that barrel and scrape off the chewing gum underneath for this coming gem

If you think games like Devil's third or the minecraft story mode are the bottom of the quality barrel

Are we talking "Mists of Pandaria" barrel-scraping, or "Warlords of Draenor" barrel-scraping?

Like, how many sub-basements do I need to go down to find the barrel to begin with?

Lots of not paying attention to what needs to be done in the latest couple Zelda eps, banter is good but not if it means they have no idea what to do next or have the wrong idea. Like, read what people are saying to you.

They managed to turn over that barrel and scrape off the chewing gum underneath for this coming gem

That's so bottom of the barrel that I don't even know what it is.

Xater

Lots of not paying attention to what needs to be done in the latest couple Zelda eps, banter is good but not if it means they have no idea what to do next or have the wrong idea. Like, read what people are saying to you.

That's so bottom of the barrel that I don't even know what it is.

I am pretty sure I saw a video by Sterling covering this game. So you know it's some real shit show.

OK, I need to know what this is. Would you kindly reveal it to me?

Did a lot of cleaning in my house today while listening to the podcast. I'm shocked to hear Doom is good. Definitely buying when I see it on sale.

Strimei

Yeah, I'm not keen on those guys. They're mostly obnoxious on first-play and, because you basically know where they all are, almost completely pointless on NG+.

I also feel like they kind of kill the mood and mystique of the area, if not quite as bad as abrupt fuck-dogs out of nowhere. (Seriously, From, this is one of the most beautiful and haunting areas in the series, take your raggedy-ass, cheap-as-fuck Poochies and dump them in the Dungeon or something.)

The two on the run to the Pontiff got me so many times. As the guys note in today's video, part of the thralls' strength is you don't quite know how close or far they are. And I guess I have really bad depth perception with them because I always overextended and got a dagger flurry in response. Like I needed to waste an estus before Pontiff Pain.

I think they might work in a couple areas (maybe after the church bonfire) but they do show up in way too many places. And agreed about the dogs.

Eumi

And we have now progressed into full on 'they're playing the game too fast! They aren't getting the full experience!' mode for the comments.

I'd remind them of when 'Snailborne' was the thing they were all complaining about but I'm just assuming now that the dark souls community need to be as petulant as possible and would find whatever avenue they can to be so.

Listening to all the Best Friends refer to Celldweller as a multi-person group when it's just one guy made me sad. But I guess Klayton's not super well known outside Michigan.

What the hell is this State Line Cutter they're talking about on the podcast?

I can only guess the Bagger-series excavators, given that they're the heaviest land vehicle in the world outside of maybe some NASA specialized launch equipment. Then again, they seem to mention them being something they'd expect there to be "one of per four states" and I'm not sure if Baggers are even used outside Germany.

I can only guess the Bagger-series excavators, given that they're the heaviest land vehicle in the world outside of maybe some NASA specialized launch equipment. Then again, they seem to mention them being something they'd expect there to be "one of per four states" and I'm not sure if Baggers are even used outside Germany.

Yeah this was the first machine I can even think of fitting their description, but as its name suggests, it's for excavating. I don't know where the 'state line cutter' is coming from.

For reference:

Only other thing I can think of are trenchers:

Yeah this was the first machine I can even think of fitting their description, but as its name suggests, it's for excavating. I don't know where the 'state line cutter' is coming from.

The best I can guess is that someone made a dumb joke about these machines being used for cutting the "state lines" on maps, which is obviously amazingly dumb and therefore almost certainly the case.

Avallon

Have they ever addressed the fact that Matt tries to guess what the others are going to say and then tries to finish their sentences?

Catching up on the Bloodborne LP

"Yeah the stake driver isn't that good, we're gonna go back to Ludwig's"

Yes!

"Let's put this gem on it that turns it into fire damage though"

twitch_emoticon___notlikethis_by_centaurman_plz-d9eeoy0.png

Edit: Did they just sell a weapon??? oh my god.

Top Bottom