• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

The amount of salt about Pat's overleveling is unbelievable

as in I actually can't believe people are getting upset over a person choosing to play a game in a certain matter.

zeemumu

The amount of salt about Pat's overleveling is unbelievable

as in I actually can't believe people are getting upset over a person choosing to play a game in a certain matter.

I just think it's hilarious that he's still having difficulty despite his level. It'd be worse if he was just plowing through everyone with no effort but as long as there is struggle he's fine.

Mik317

lol they got scurred multiple times in part 23

i did too during this part...so much so I ran through it like a champ

He's not even using his levels. He's got a serious investment in equip load, but a lot of the time he wears rubbish armor for fashion. He's got a serious investment in stamina, but most of the time he's not using a dual-wield weapon where he can really spend that bar reliably. He doesn't really have the weapon upgrades to use his damage stats effectively because he couldn't grind Titanite Chunks.

Most of the time he's running around, he's effectively 50+ levels lower than it says on his character sheet just because he isn't using them. It's not a big deal at all.

Sincerely,
A Lv240 NG+4 player who has 40-50 in every damage stat just so I can use a different build every playthrough.

Edit: Actually, fuckit, he ain't even very big, Lv100? C'mon Pat, you call that OCD? Get grinding.

Anung

Un Rama
I just think it's hilarious that he's still having difficulty despite his level. It'd be worse if he was just plowing through everyone with no effort but as long as there is struggle he's fine.

Yeah. Over-leveling bothered me at first (I dropped out at 9 because I was sick of "You're so easy" to enemies he was like 30 levels ahead of) but now I find it hilarious how he's like double the level of the area and getting his shit pushed in. Can't brute force bosses if you lack dat skill.

That and the lore butchery is beautiful to behold. So much salt.

zeemumu

Yeah. Over-leveling bothered me at first (I dropped out at 9 because I was sick of "You're so easy" to enemies he was like 30 levels ahead of) but now I find it hilarious how he's like double the level of the area and getting his shit pushed in. Can't brute force bosses if you lack dat skill.

That and the lore butchery is beautiful to behold. So much salt.

Yeah, but what can you do. Being entertaining while playing is probably a lot harder than it looks, and when you upload a video and make a mistake, there's no going back. Sometimes you have to upload a second video just to apologize.

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah, but what can you do. Being entertaining while playing is probably a lot harder than it looks, and when you upload a video and make a mistake, there's no going back. Sometimes you have to upload a second video just to apologize.

Speaking of which Liam apologized for some stuff that goes down in the Zelda LP.

Just as a warning, episodes 25 and 26 of Zelda feature possibly the worst playthrough ever recorded of Snowpeak Ruins.

Tried to liven it up a bit for you guys with some editing, but it was seriously embarrassing. Feel really shit about it b/c I know it's bad.

Sucks man but at least he's self aware enough to get out in front of it.

Catching up with the podcast and digging the Doom love. I beasted that game over a weekend and got the platinum. Shit was so good I couldn't put it down. GOTY.

Oh man Arbiter's Grounds was already really rough to watch with how little Liam remembered and paid attention, can't even imagine how bad Snowpeak must be. Like I don't think that dungeon was ever confusing either but maybe he just died a lot.

Xux

The overleveling's humorous at this point. Starting a new session and seeing the work he did. The kicker for me was 99 Hollowing after the first one; like, that's some effort.

...Gosh at part 22.
"Explored the whole zone."
The biggest sigh.
His picking up the controller after a break kinda makes up for it.

I just realised best friends never played Way of the warrior on a saturday morning scrublord.

This shall be my ultimax

They will probably refuse to do it since Pat already hurt himself when they tried to play it, and Woolie will almost certainly hurt everyone else.

Breads

Banned
He's not even using his levels. He's got a serious investment in equip load, but a lot of the time he wears rubbish armor for fashion. He's got a serious investment in stamina, but most of the time he's not using a dual-wield weapon where he can really spend that bar reliably. He doesn't really have the weapon upgrades to use his damage stats effectively because he couldn't grind Titanite Chunks.

Most of the time he's running around, he's effectively 50+ levels lower than it says on his character sheet just because he isn't using them. It's not a big deal at all.

Sincerely,
A Lv240 NG+4 player who has 40-50 in every damage stat just so I can use a different build every playthrough.

Edit: Actually, fuckit, he ain't even very big, Lv100? C'mon Pat, you call that OCD? Get grinding.

I can't imagine how much you'd get in NG++++ doing this.

jrVKo5r.gif

By the time I was 30 hours in I was 110 because of this at 7.5k souls a pop in NG.

I can't imagine how much you'd get in NG++++ doing this.

jrVKo5r.gif

By the time I was 30 hours in I was 110 because of this at 7.5k souls a pop in NG.

A lot of my levels come from farming Proof of a Concorde Kept outside Aldrich's boss room. I don't know the exact numbers because I'm not there yet on my current playthrough, but last time around I was getting 30k+ souls per kill of the red-eye Silver Knight.

I'll probably hit Lv999 before I actually get anywhere with these goddamn covenants. (I wouldn't mind, if they didn't apparently gate some lore behind Blades of the Darkmoon ranks...)

Breads

Banned
A lot of my levels come from farming Proof of a Concorde Kept outside Aldrich's boss room. I don't know the exact numbers because I'm not there yet on my current playthrough, but last time around I was getting 30k+ souls per kill of the red-eye Silver Knight.

I'll probably hit Lv999 before I actually get anywhere with these goddamn covenants. (I wouldn't mind, if they didn't apparently gate some lore behind Blades of the Darkmoon ranks...)

Oh god yeah. I didn't mean to spoil myself but after my initial playthrough I looked up things I missed (after trying for roughly 10 extra hours running collision matrices) and the things that NPC says definitely a reward of some sort. I won't mention what it is but depending on your undertanding (or hell, misunderstanding) of the lore it's definitely a juicy nugget.

Guessing farming them through bads is more reliable than doing it through the covenant proper? Half a decade later and they still haven't figured this out. Damn. I remember farming Velka's crows for this exact same reason for the exact same covenant in Painted World just to get the last Blade of the Darkmoon buff for one build. Hopefully you don't need 99 or whatever.

Guessing farming them through bads is more reliable than doing it through the covenant proper? Half a decade later and they still haven't figured this out. Damn. I remember farming Velka's crows for this exact same reason for the exact same covenant in Painted World just to get the last Blade of the Darkmoon buff for one build. Hopefully you don't need 99 or whatever.

It's the best place to wear the covenant anyway (since killing Aldrich's Faithful is really the only sensible way to approach it), so you may as well just try and farm the knights while you're there. The droprate's not quite as bad as Vertebrae Shackles, at least.

People do look at you kind of funny when you show up to the massive Faithful vs. Blades brawl with a chest on your head and a pair of crystal rapiers, though.

Edit: Tune into the stream, first thing I hear is Woolie say, "Well, now my balls are wet" and Pat say "Now you have my creepy mouth disease." Welp.

Strimei

I hope Woolie lingers on the shot of Shelby sitting dejected after the omelettes. That is probably my absolute favorite shot in the entire game. It just says so much.

edit: oh god it even changes camera a few times. Perfect.

I like how Woolie's anger over the shit QTE is getting projected onto the eggs, so now the fact someone's eating eggs in a video game is just the worst possible thing.

Anung

Un Rama
To be fair, Woolie murdering everyone kind of makes the story almost work. (But not really.)

I did a perfect crime run and the story works better if you're in on it.

Managed to tune in and at the perfect time it seems. Watching this plot fall apart is so beautiful.

Wait, why the fuck is the knob in the middle of that door?

It's not a bloody cupboard, it's a turning knob, it needs to latch at the edge of the frame.

Strimei

Wait, why the fuck is the knob in the middle of that door?

It's not a bloody cupboard, it's a turning knob, it needs to latch at the edge of the frame.

What's even stranger is, from what I could see just now, I don't think the other side even has a knob or handle.

What the hell kind of door IS that?

Top Bottom