• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Have they ever addressed the fact that Matt tries to guess what the others are going to say and then tries to finish their sentences?

I've gotten way too used to it by now but yeah he's done this for years, I guess it's for comedic effect, I honestly don't mind.

What's way more jarring is Pat repeating the last sentence of what Matt said(I think Matt does this too), gives me an intense feeling that he isn't listening.

Xux

Have they ever addressed the fact that Matt tries to guess what the others are going to say and then tries to finish their sentences?
This used to bug the shit out of me bit now I'm as used to it as Liam's 7-10 Exactlies every video.

Edzi

This used to bug the shit out of me bit now I'm as used to it as Liam's 7-10 Exactlies every video.

The only Liam-ism that really stands out to me in podcasts is how he always says he's "keen" to do something. I don't have a problem with it or anything, it's just funny once you realize how often he says it.

DS3 Part 19:

Finds Ring of Favor on what is clearly just a Berserk reference

"Was that Lautrec?"

This playthrough really makes me feel better about myself.

explodet

Oh man, I had to stop watching DS3 part 19 after they
completely miss the lever to the staircase. Woolie was so turned around regarding both Yorshka and Anri and Pat was so distracted about 'lore'.
I'll get back to it later.

Even the most amazing hugeness is no defense against skeleton warriors.
DA NA NA NA, NA NA

Strimei

Man, Pat got so lucky with that (first) invader.

Meanwhile my first time through that area I got active invaders back to back to back.

Man, Pat got so lucky with that (first) invader.

Meanwhile my first time through that area I got active invaders back to back to back.

Yeah, you don't go out onto Aldrich's Porch embered up unless you're spoiling for a fight.

I get the feeling they wanted The Watchdogs of Farron to be the Forest Gankers Covenant, but it's the Aldrich's Faithful that really capture that, "Aw, fuck it, I got shit to do so I'm just gonna jump off a cliff and do this hollow" feel. They have that special combination of sheer numbers and blazing incompetence.

Breads

Banned
DS3:19 was great.

Woolie confusing Darkmoon Tomb and Covenant is understandable but Pat missing the lever was fantastic all things considered. Especially since Matt asked about the possibility of a switch, Pat swinging the camera over to it putting it into frame for a second and then immediately watching him homeward bone out, eventually coming back to the Darkmoon Tomb, and then watching him bone out AGAIN.

Strimei

Yeah, you don't go out onto Aldrich's Porch embered up unless you're spoiling for a fight.

I get the feeling they wanted The Watchdogs of Farron to be the Forest Gankers Covenant, but it's the Aldrich's Faithful that really capture that, "Aw, fuck it, I got shit to do so I'm just gonna jump off a cliff and do this hollow" feel. They have that special combination of sheer numbers and blazing incompetence.

I have to admit, it was a lot of fun, though. I had a giant, the two Night's Watch wannabes, the fire-clerics throwing fireballs, and two invaders. Then a third invader after I killed the first invader (he didn't get far, though, as I was killed pretty quickly after dispatching #1). If nothing else, it was invigorating!

I'm a bit confused on the auto-summoning though. I admit to knowing barely anything about covenants, but I had the Farron Watchdog one on, it was flashing, but I never got auto-summoned, and I spent quite a while in the right area. Maybe just my luck (though saw Plague on twitter recently complaining about how the two "defender" covenants don't seem to get summoned much either, so maybe its a bunch of problems).

Speaking of twitter, Pat just tweeted that the DS3 playthrough has finished recording. He's free!

(Until the DLC, anyway)

Xux

DS3:19 was great.

Woolie confusing Darkmoon Tomb and Covenant is understandable but Pat missing the lever was fantastic all things considered. Especially since Matt asked about the possibility of a switch, Pat swinging the camera over to it putting it into frame for a second and then immediately watching him homeward bone out, eventually coming back to the Darkmoon Tomb, and then watching him bone out AGAIN.
I don't think he really missed it; he just didn't expect it to buck the trend of elevators being shortcuts to ride back the other way before the lever is usable.

Breads

Banned
I don't think he really missed it; he just didn't expect it to buck the trend of elevators being shortcuts to ride back the other way before the lever is usable.
Fair enough.

It doesn't stop me from trying every lever I find though but I can see why one would come to that conclusion if he did indeed see it.

Side note: I wish I knew what lever Pat
ches used in the Cathedral of the Deep.
I had to look the solution up online because after an hour I just could not figure out what he did.

Also, it was only on screen for a second anyway. And they're really bad at just looking around at stuff. Sides, Pat's got more important things to worry about like finding more monsters/inanimate objects to accuse of being ds1 characters.

Strimei

Honestly, I completely missed the lever my first time there too. I had played DS1 recently too so its not like I had forgotten that levers moved the thing. I just figured it was elsewhere or something.

I'm a bit confused on the auto-summoning though. I admit to knowing barely anything about covenants, but I had the Farron Watchdog one on, it was flashing, but I never got auto-summoned, and I spent quite a while in the right area. Maybe just my luck (though saw Plague on twitter recently complaining about how the two "defender" covenants don't seem to get summoned much either, so maybe its a bunch of problems).

You shouldn't even need to be in Farron Keep to be summoned, but maybe there's some unknown additional quantity required, similar to the Blades of the Darkmoon from DS1 ("sin"). That, or it's just broken.

There's probably also fewer people running around Farron Keep with embers on in general since it's a miserable shithole of a zone, and there's no boss immediately before entering to give you a free ember top-up. (That's why the Porch, in specific, is such a warzone: so many people coming straight from Swordpope with their shiny new ember.)

I'm not surprised by Pat missing the lever, but surprised all three missed. Matt in particular since he seems to be the most on-point in terms of spotting things between the three.

lome88

You shouldn't even need to be in Farron Keep to be summoned, but maybe there's some unknown additional quantity required, similar to the Blades of the Darkmoon from DS1 ("sin"). That, or it's just broken.

There's probably also fewer people running around Farron Keep with embers on in general since it's a miserable shithole of a zone, and there's no boss immediately before entering to give you a free ember top-up. (That's why the Porch, in specific, is such a warzone: so many people coming straight from Swordpope with their shiny new ember.)

I've been summoned both in and out of Farron, but it seems more likely when you're actually in Farron. They must have adjusted (or it may have always been the case) that if you're in a different zone, you might be put into a different summoning pool. When I'm in the woods I'll have about a dozen an hour, where as outside of it I'll get one or two tops per day.

BB LP is great, but this Old Hunters LP is killing me. Adding Matt into the LP was such an amazing decision. The party cave especially had me dying for minutes.

Matsukaze

Dark Souls 3 Part 21 -

Lol Pat.
Soul Level 100
and he still gets beaten to a pulp. At least he admitted he was overconfident in his HUGENESS. :p

I find it so ironic that Matt, who knows the least about the Souls games, has the best ideas of anyone in the LP.

"There used to be a bonfire here"

I'm actually starting to wonder if Pat ever actually played DS1 or if he just dreamed about it at some point

Strimei

Hm, interesting. This was back during release week so something may very well have been broken at the time. I have long switched to the sunbros anyway. I'm gonna give the various covenant stuff a more thorough look-through now that I've done my first blind playthrough. Maybe even try invading, never got the chance to do it much in DS1.

Numb

Hisoka > Dio
empire-trash-can-scene.gif

Go die!

Strimei

Can't believe Pat thinks Priscilla was horrible. I thought she was the top ranking waifu for everyone in DS1. I mean, she has a fluffy tail!

Strimei

That was slightly less miserable of an experience for Pat to have with
Aldrich, Devourer of Cock
than I expected.

To be fair, he did get thrashed quite a bit by him. While tough, I only died about half as many times.

Oh man, I can't wait for him to have to fight
Champion Gundyr. His second fight is probably my favorite of the entire game. I know I took that back-kick to the jaw pretty much every damn time he threw it.

edit: Oh man, and
I can't wait to see him jump to conclusions at the Untended Graves!

Anung

Un Rama
I'm not surprised by Pat missing the lever, but surprised all three missed. Matt in particular since he seems to be the most on-point in terms of spotting things between the three.

Meh, all three are pretty adept at missing things in most LP's. It's like whoever's not on controls are usually just surfing their phones or not looking at the screen haha.

I have no idea what this Chasing Dead thing is.

Man, the Chasing Dead is so jank, it makes Al-bedo look like a competent game.

It's great to see what sorts of technical fuck ups are in there though.

Top Bottom