• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Kard8p3

gg can't believe SBF aren't doing a full LP of DOOM, even if they have already played most of/beaten it. Super disappointed in them.

Why would they play that when they're already playing a better game with berserk vision, undead tigers, vehicle sections and can jump kick-hanging Matt torsos

Or to be more specific, "How likely are we to be getting a few weeks of already-finished playthroughs while they're all playing Overwatch instead of making new ones?"

I'm sure DOOM will be there once a few of the current long-running series end. They run on a schedule. They don't throw new games into the rotation just because they came out recently, it has to be when a slot opens up.

Pats double audio made me laugh so hard I couldnt breath for like a good 2 minutes.

Like, the fact that it's just his voice is perfect

For whatever reason Woolie asking Matt if he was leaving now and Matt was just so super casually reclined, and gave him the most deadpan "no" cracked me up.

Nordicus

Oh, during the podcast question where they talk about franchises they want to come back, Woolie mentions the Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign.

I've been playing it for the last 2 weeks or so, and I can confirm that the game's really, really good. Has bit of an early learning curve like any RTS with even smallest bit of depth, but once you get a hang on what enemies you can fight and what you're better off avoiding, it gets amazing. There's nothing like it that's been released lately
lIftEVA.jpg
IjbMFOe.jpg
fMj12Vf.jpg
625B57FC283322B381412F12BAFC98DA0AFF12DA
196803C66838C26CC5CBA6EFE1B60E8CE9D25C72

Strimei

Dark Souls pt 23: I remember being so paranoid about the tunnel with the mimic and basilisk party that comes behind you. You can hear them and I still don't know where they come from. I figured I was safe since I couldn't see them anywhere and then PARTY TIME.

Glad to see Pat got surprised too. Its such a good trap!

Yesss, my Pat's Death Bingo proceeds as planned.

I knew no amount of hugeness could save him from rats. The changes to poise mean almost everyone's going to just get wrecked by them eventually.

Strimei

I'm listening to the podcast right now and hit the first email, and I have to agree with the guys that the bright colors of invaders is pretty important.

Plus, it is possible, depending on the area, for you to miss them, anyway. I remember well a time when I was in Oolacile in DS1, and I got invaded (not by the NPC either, I had dispatched him already). I thought I saw the guy far away, and took out my binoculars to see. But no, turned out to be the red eye glow of a mob.

As I put away the binocs and turned around, there was the invader, patiently waiting behind me. I was rather lucky the guy was honorable though, he could've easily have backstabbed me and kicked me off the edge.

So yeah, I think the color is good, and as Pat points out, there are items to change your appearance anyway.

MrHoot

So i was feeling bad spending 10 bucks on Overwatch loot boxes to get a few extra things.

But then I see Pat spending 250 bucks on Overwatch loot boxes.

Now I feel alright

Any expense paid to get Gundam Pharah or Mad Max D.Va is an expense justified.

I wonder if this wasn't almost exactly the case. Like, there was one skin he wanted and he just kept opening until he got it.

If he just literally opened until he had everything, though, purely for the sake of... having everything, then Pat... get help, man.

Do you think it counts as a business expense for LPers to buy loot boxes?

Only if they record themselves doing it for the video.

But... why?

Most of the skins out right now aren't even any good.

Not only are those skins garbage, but it's an FPS so you can't even see yourself 95% of the time anyway. I'm not really sure what the point of skins even are at that point unless you really care what you look like to other people who probably don't even notice it

Only if they record themselves doing it for the video.

Not only are those skins garbage, but it's an FPS so you can't even see yourself 95% of the time anyway. I'm not really sure what the point of skins even are at that point unless you really care what you look like to other people who probably don't even notice it

It's very clever strategy, you see.

If you play Tracer or Widowmaker you need the high-rarity skins to stop your butt from being shiny, otherwise you're going to have people perving on it constantly.

Strimei

I don't get why Pat didn't stop and kill the spider-ladies following him before going into that hand-head-baby room. He just made it worse by pulling them all in and then pulling all three hand-head-babies. That death was amazingly dumb.

Also its a real pity Yhorm's such a gimmick fight.

Strimei

Jeff Gerstmann probably doesn't think that highly of Pat after his spending spree.

(Ok to be fair, he doesn't know who the person who spent $250 is, someone else brought it to his attention, and maybe its someone else, but I'd be REALLY surprised if it wasn't Pat)

Honestly, I think Pat's kinda insane to spend all that but then again I had to have a friend talk me down from blowing like $140 on a figurine just last week so I'm not exactly one to judge here.

(I really wanted that figurine, damn it)

Edzi

All this talk of Overwatch has me considering buying it, but I'm not sure whether to go for PS4 or PC. I've gotten a bit more comfortable with m/kb controls after forcing myself to play through DOOM that way (first time playing a game with m/kb), so it's getting harder to decide between platforms. Anyone know which platform the zaibatsu is playing on, and if there's anything else I should know to help me decide?

Strimei

Well, PC's cheaper ($40) unless you go for that special bundle (includes 5 "origin" character skins and some avatar/goody stuff for other Blizzard games in their usual cross-promotion).

Edzi

Well, PC's cheaper ($40) unless you go for that special bundle (includes 5 "origin" character skins and some avatar/goody stuff for other Blizzard games in their usual cross-promotion).

I don't care too much about costumes, so I'll likely stick with the base version. My main concern is whether my enjoyment will be hampered by my (lack of) skill with a m/kb, since I expect the PC community to be pretty deadly online. I don't want to buy a version only to find myself completely unable to have fun because of how outclassed I am.

Strimei

I don't care too much about costumes, so I'll likely stick with the base version. My main concern is whether my enjoyment will be hampered by my (lack of) skill with a m/kb, since I expect the PC community to be pretty deadly online. I don't want to buy a version only to find myself completely unable to have fun because of how outclassed I am.

I imagine some are playing on PC with a controller, even still, though yeah most would be with keyboard and you'd probably find yourself at a disadvantage. Hopefully someone has an answer for you. I've not played it but from what I've heard things seem fine there.

Chasing Dead pt 4: Holy crap the mooks hit by the car go flying. This game is amazing.

Overwatch has (real) matchmaking, if I'm not mistaken, so you should be able to get into games with people of a similar skill level after you've played a dozen or so matches to give them an idea of where you're at.

Don't have to worry so much about the console CoD "join a random server and just get your shit pushed in" problem.

Chasing Dead doesn't have a 7 second audio desync anymore?

This was not the directors original vision

From what I've heard the guys say, it sounds like the game isn't the kind that requires twitch reactions to play, so controllers on PC actually sound like a viable option for once

It is a twitch game, but most of the heroes don't even have an "aim down sights" option on their weapons, so it's nowhere near as big of a deal playing with a controller as for most FPS games.

If you really want to play Widowmaker mouse is the way to go, but there's tons of heroes you can use that don't really need much precision aiming.

Edit: God, I love that for no particular reason when Woolie was gently reminding Pat that he was in dragon-form his tone came off as weirdly conciliatory, and Matt immediately picked up on it. "You're still a dragon-man." (shoulder pat)

Top Bottom