• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

zeemumu

When Matt offered that advice and Pat declined I pretty much knew
Squidward was screwed unless he could solo the boss himself.

Moonlight

Banned
What annoyed me a lot about the latest DS3 episode is
you don't even need to figure Storm Ruler out if Siegward is there. I didn't even find it because Siegward was with me from the first try. He does like 90% of the work and the only expectation placed on you to ensure he survives is to participate in the fight. I would have been less salty if they didn't even get as far as they did with Siegward, because in the end it just felt like a big shame since the ending of his quest is so good.

Nordicus

How the fuck do you beat Capra Demon?

DS1 has some really bonkers encounters.
The key to that fight is killing the dogs immediately. Either rush them, or run to the top of the stairs in the back, where the dogs will follow you way faster than Capra Demon will. After you've dealt with them, the fight is fairly simple. I think you can buy Charcoal Resin for that fight is you're in desperate need of some extra damage.

Strimei

To be fair to Pat, I've seen other people do exactly the same thing.

He really should've practiced though, yeah. I homeward bone'd myself (heh) out the first time just to figure out how the hell to use it. Really, the Yhorm fight is just such garbage. The other three Lords are interesting fights, and Yhorm is not only a gimmick but it also throws the item at you and pretty much expects you to know to use it as soon as you get it, or otherwise bone out.

He's honestly the cherry on top of the crap sundae that is Irithyll Dungeon/Profaned Capital. The Dungeon, while annoying, at least has some thought put into it. But the Capital...when I heard "Profaned Capital," I imagined something impressive and creepy, but its such a small area and so meh.

Matsukaze

Really, the Yhorm fight is just such garbage. The other three Lords are interesting fights, and Yhorm is not only a gimmick but it also throws the item at you and pretty much expects you to know to use it as soon as you get it, or otherwise bone out.
It really is. I had such high hopes after the great job they did with Watchers and Aldrich. I walked in there expecting a fight that would top both of them and it didn't even come close. Siegward charging into the fray was cool because I'm a total mark for the NPCs, but when I learned the battle was "Spam Storm Ruler", I deflated like a balloon. It really feels like Yhorm was probably planned as a completely different fight until someone came up with an "alternative" approach.

The fight is kind of okay if you completely ignore the Storm Ruler and just use a long weapon to do charged attacks on his head when he dips down for the machete smash, then take advantage of the resulting stagger to do a critical attack. (Yes, this actually works.)

I would have rather they just built the fight to work properly around that--it doesn't at the moment because the damage threshold and weapon length required just completely disqualify tons of builds--and just provided the Storm Ruler as a less-broken way for people with builds that don't "work" to be able to stagger him.

"Please fuck off out of the videogame." --Woolie, as his soul leaves him.

Oh man that stream is so good as even the framerate gives up. I can't wait for Woolie to die yet again when that lady android game comes out.

explodet

Pat totally outsmarted himself when it came to Yhorm and Squidward. The gunjumping didn't help though.

Poor guy is gonna get a ton of shit for it though.

Matsukaze

"Please fuck off out of the videogame." --Woolie, as his soul leaves him.

Oh man that stream is so good as even the framerate gives up. I can't wait for Woolie to die yet again when that lady android game comes out.
The Heavy Rain stream was absolutely amazing and Woolie's body language and reactions as things unfolded were perfect.

And having watched the stream and refreshed my memory as to just how downright dogshit every Madison section is, I realize Detroit is probably going to be one awful borderline-rape scene after another.

(Pre-emptively) Fuck you, David Cage.

Pat totally outsmarted himself when it came to Yhorm and Squidward. The gunjumping didn't help though.

Poor guy is gonna get a ton of shit for it though.

He shouldn't get too much. ENB had huge problems with that fight, too, despite actually leaving the fight and reading the item description and taking time to play around with it under controlled circumstances.

Though, at least Pat seeing Squidward use the Storm Ruler properly kept him from spamming it improperly for as long as ENB did.

"Kill-anna will remember that"

Funny how Pat has completely forgotten about The Fair Lady despite finding what looks like her corpse and reading about her in the Toxic Mist.

Also, I'm getting a weird feeling that DS1's Chosen Undead is just being completely removed from canon. the Pyromancy Tome referring to Quelana's pupil is Solomon, not the DS1 protag, so what's up with that?

Also, I'm getting a weird feeling that DS1's Chosen Undead is just being completely removed from canon. the Pyromancy Tome referring to Quelana's pupil is Solomon, not the DS1 protag, so what's up with that?

That does sort of seem to be the case. Ornstein's armor set also makes it pretty clear that he was not killed in Anor Londo, and Smough's set suggests he may have died at some later point after the city fell into ruin.

This an incredibly unpopular view with most of the community, but there's a very strong case that events in DS1 from the player view are not necessarily canon.

Some stuff from the Momocon panel:

Upcoming SBF
-Quick Look: DOOM
-Star Fox Zero LP

The Things That Should Not Be (Failed Projects)
-Alan Wake was one (Pat didn't record, might show up in Shitstorm)
-Otogi 2 (Mystery Box, HDD failure killed it)
-Street Fighter: Fight for Nothing (Killed by Capcom to make the brand look cleaner)
-Kirby Airride (Brawl with Liam, Liam won; Cranky made an intro;on same HDD as Otogi)
-Hiding under coats PSA

Menitta

I really hope they play Kirby Air Ride at some point. It's literally my favorite thing about Liam. He loves Kirby Air Ride so much.

Matsukaze

Some stuff from the Momocon panel:

Upcoming SBF
-Quick Look: DOOM
-Star Fox Zero LP
df1a536c46e7aeccc536212426c90ae2a37f3555e78be5419850b3d0f0149d45.jpg

The Things That Should Not Be (Failed Projects)
-Alan Wake was one (Pat didn't record, might show up in Shitstorm)
Damn it, Pat.

-Kirby Airride (Brawl with Liam, Liam won; Cranky made an intro;on same HDD as Otogi)

Oh woolie please, just cut out this bullshit from Reboot. You've been on this boss for three, four episodes now? We get it, it's really shitty. You could have actually done more in the episode.

MrHoot

More bullets ! Just what I needed

Chasing dead is an adventure

Top Bottom