• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I can't imagine this game can last much longer.

It's a neat little LP but it's nothing spectacular. My patience with it is now wearing thin after that announcement about the upcoming
Catherine
LP with Woolie and Matt.
Ooh that might be interesting.

What's yall's consensus on deus ex past like ep 20? Worth picking back up?

Xux

I can't imagine this game can last much longer.

It's a neat little LP but it's nothing spectacular. My patience with it is now wearing thin after that announcement about the upcoming
Catherine
LP with Woolie and Matt.
Peering into the future (Vessel spoilers:)
Episode 5 is the last episode. Talk about a twist ending!

I actually really enjoyed this podcast despite the shit nature of it.

How long do we think the Blood Dragon LP is going to be? Kinda already tired of it, it's not much fun watching someone be bad at Trials, much less hearing the lines repeated over and over as they respawn.

I've watched every episode and I'm pretty sure the only time it has repeated dialog is when two levels took place at the same time and repeated the conversation from the other character's POV and when they do the key levels which force them to start over the mission completely. Every other time, if they die, the dialog just keeps playing like nothing happened.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope we get some new LP's sooner rather than later. This is probably just me but the current LP's either don't interest me or have gone on too long. Need some new blood.

The best part of that poor trainwreck of a podcast, this week, was Liam calling out Matt for stealing the Roundabout gag in Punisher.

Matt cribbing jokes? I won't hear of it.

Catching up on podcasts and damn there have been some great laughs. Suck what happened to this weeks but for some reason the deadpan rushing through makes it way funnier.

I hope we get some new LP's sooner rather than later. This is probably just me but the current LP's either don't interest me or have gone on too long. Need some new blood.

I think ReBoot according to one of the latest parts is near the end. Twilight Princess is nearly there. Deus Ex is nearly done as well. So I guess we'll see some new stuff soon.

Well ReBoot really doesn't count considering it was as irregular as Berserk's release schedule.

Strimei

I also have been trying not to complain about it since I don't really have a right to, but it's like the feeling of getting a cookie from your mom every night before bed and then one time you go to her and she's got nothing for you. You don't deserve the cookie, so you don't feel right complaining that it's not there, but you still feel upset about it.

Yeah, that's a pretty good way of putting it. I hate to complain about it because the guys do clearly work hard, they go out of their way at times even (i.e. the most recent podcast), so I feel bad for being down about it.

Far Cry: Blood Dragon was an excellent use of setting and style. It felt like it was firmly in the 80s style of stupid dialogue and that era's version of scifi. Played good, didn't overstay its welcome (for the most part), looked amazing, had good animation.

Comparatively, Trials has been the opposite. Trials gameplay thrives on being able to quickly repeat a particular mission to shave for that bit of time. You can't appreciate the environment if you're playing the game, unlike Far Cry. The platforming sections are just terrible and I honestly can't believe they're in there.

Story is nearly meaningless, there should have been a mode to play the missions without the dialogue. On top of that, the story in Trials isn't even that particularly good. Where Far Cry felt like it understood where the line of "too far" would be, Trials crosses it so far. Why did the kids have to be part Dragon? Also it's never even vaguely hinted at in Far Cry that the doctor is anything but human. It makes up these story ideas that don't fit in with the preexisting universe. Far Cry was just generally more entertaining anyway, to say the least of the terrible animation in Trials compared to the stylized pixel art of Far Cry.

Trials just wasn't the right game to put the Blood Dragon brand to.

Yeah, Far Cry worked with Blood Dragon well, that one I did like. It resonated well with me, but with Trials, its like you say. And honestly I feel like Trials just doesn't need a story overall. Like, it can work for a single track, particularly fan-made ones (there are plenty of awesome ones, though I feel more so in Evolution than Fusion), but an over arching story just...doesn't work, I think.

Definitely Pat, I think I recall him being the person who went in to make sure the videos went up.

More than once a week, last week was a mess. It's annoying but it isn't the end of the world.

I thought it was Pat, but couldn't quite remember. And yeah I'm not like being really upset about it, just a bit miffed (I like having a 9 pm video, its part of my routine at this point, heh) and worried overall about how common its been getting.

That said, as noted, it is con season, which I do forget sometimes. And vessel's agreement likely throws a wrench into things too.

As for new LPs, the current crop is definitely nearing its end, I have to imagine. I can't see Deus Ex lasting more than three episodes, if that (though depends on Pat), at the least.

I'm really looking forward to Catherine

Yeah, other than Deus Ex, I'm really not feeling any the current LPs. I've literally fallen asleep during Zelda, and Nier today. Reboot is the first LP I've ever dropped. It was just nonsense and I honestly don't understand why Woolie continued it. Guess he thought boring commentary over an even more boring game was funny.

Xux

I decided to check out part 42 of the Deus Ex play after tapping out on Part 1 because I wasn't at all interested in the game and...I guess I have forty more parts to watch.

There's something about the Two Best Friends setup that just warms my heart.

Wolf Force! Also, this game's aesthetic is pretty much MGS2.

I want a Star Trek: Generations Matt and Pat LP, just to see how they react to the totally different plot and how hard they shit on the actual movie.

Strimei

Fisticuffs is GG Xrd Revelator.

I admit I prefer Blazblue over GG, but I do love how GG looks. But...isn't Dizzy supposed to be part of this game? I don't see her on the roster, though I notice that there's a lock over one portrait so maybe that's her?

Fisticuffs is GG Xrd Revelator.

I admit I prefer Blazblue over GG, but I do love how GG looks. But...isn't Dizzy supposed to be part of this game? I don't see her on the roster, though I notice that there's a lock over one portrait so maybe that's her?
She's dlc and hasn't been released yet.

Matsukaze

Nothing prepared anyone for how bad it was going to be, I'd rather have nothing. I didn't even make it past the OP
Rest assured - you will feel your soul begin to wither by the time Guts gets to the skeletons.

EDIT: Plus, whitewashed Casca is the crown jewel of fuckery in the new anime IMO.

Matsukaze

I forget. Are we getting a video of their Too Many Games adventures? I know we're getting one of Matt running up the Art Museum steps, but I'm not sure of anything else.

Strimei

I'm honestly surprised at the rate of Reboot lately, another episode tonight.

From what mike0dude said, it may just be a boss rush after this? Which just sounds...lovely.

Nevermind, looks like that isn't the case. Yet.

mike0dude

I'm honestly surprised at the rate of Reboot lately, another episode tonight.

From what mike0dude said, it may just be a boss rush after this? Which just sounds...lovely.

Nevermind, looks like that isn't the case. Yet.

i'm pretty sure it's coming soon tho.

Oberon

Banned
I really hope put some actual thought into their next LP game, because the last few once weren't great. Deus Ex was ok to watch, but I got bored after ep 20 something.
The only vdeos I've been watching are the saturday morning scrublords

joe2187

Banned
Dues EX bored me all around. The only thing keeping me interested was Matts comentary about working on the games. Besides that, my lack of interest in the Deus EX games kinda bored me on the LP mostly.

Top Bottom