• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

...what the shit that thing looks amazing

Like seriously what?

Fully up its own ass. Blood Dragon was a good one off thing, doesn't need to be applied to other series especially Trials which has already been downhill for a while. Does Trials really need all this extra flair? This game where you want to instantly retry often? Extremely ugly. Terrible voice acting, I can't tell if its serious or not. Gimmicky bullshit levels. It's cool that your trials games have level editors crazy enough to even make platforming...but its bad platforming. This is like the path Tony Hawk went on - downhill. Just another in a long line of Trials stuff that sounds cool but is done poorly. Poor mans Hotline Miami.

Fully up its own ass. Blood Dragon was a good one off thing, doesn't need to be applied to other series especially Trials which has already been downhill for a while. Does Trials really need all this extra flair? This game where you want to instantly retry often? Extremely ugly. Terrible voice acting, I can't tell if its serious or not. Gimmicky bullshit levels. It's cool that your trials games have level editors crazy enough to even make platforming...but its bad platforming. This is like the path Tony Hawk went on - downhill. Just another in a long line of Trials stuff that sounds cool but is done poorly. Poor mans Hotline Miami.

From only watching the SbF LP so far of it I can really only agree with your assessment on the voice acting.

From only watching the SbF LP so far of it I can really only agree with your assessment on the voice acting.

Do you...play Trials? The entire series is meant for you to go back and perfect levels. None of the levels are worth going back to, aren't particularly difficult and when they are its more on the annoying scale when you try and wrestle down the awful platforming controls.

Do you...play Trials? The entire series is meant for you to go back and perfect levels. None of the levels are worth going back to, aren't particularly difficult and when they are its more on the annoying scale when you try and wrestle down the awful platforming controls.

Played fusion until I got bored of it, which happened pretty quickly. So I don't really care how it's 'meant' to be since it's not a series I have any sort of investment in. But I'm more likely to actually play through a goofy one with set pieces from Blood Dragon than I am to ever go back to fusion.

And clearly I'm not speaking about controls given my initial indication of only experiencing the game so far through watching their LP. So I can't agree they're bad until trying them myself.

Village

On the subject of "does ir need extra flar"
Sometimes people wanna do fun new stuff with video games for fun. Because its fun. Also the visual aestetics are amazing

In regards to your voice acting question you got to be godamned kidding me if you think anything in this in this game is remotely serious. Come on dude

This whole package is sold on a funny 80's 90's gimmic.

The platforming might be rough

This isnt the path tony hawk went one, it's litterally nowhere near it.

I think you need to take this less seriously and calm down thing.

Its a fun 80's thing, go have some fun.

ArjanN

It's clearly not a Trials game first though. The trials gameplay/engine is just the means of develivery for the Blood Dragon stuff. That said, I'll agree it's not that great.

joe2187

Banned
I wonder if the end of Reboot will ever happen in my lifetime.

Will the finale have woolie forsaking his humanity to attain his true form as a pillar of salt?

Squishy3

I wonder if the end of Reboot will ever happen in my lifetime.

Will the finale have woolie forsaking his humanity to attain his true form as a pillar of salt?
reboot will end with woolie's soul leaving his body as he finishes watching the first episode of the new tv series

Matsukaze

I've been thinking about rewatching The Evil Within LP. There are just moments of that LP that have been popping up in my thoughts lately. Like Pat's seething rage at the game crashing. Makes me want to go through it again.

I feel like if Woolie ever sat on a dirtbike in real life, it would spontaneously explode and sending ragdolling into the horizon.

I've been thinking about rewatching The Evil Within LP. There are just moments of that LP that have been popping up in my thoughts lately. Like Pat's seething rage at the game crashing. Makes me want to go through it again.

I sometimes rewatch the Pat only episode, just to hear him muse to himself about things

Boy you guys weren't kidding about the audio balance in the Gundam video.

Which one of the NepNep games on Steam is worth picking up? They're all on sale so I figure why not?

Boy you guys weren't kidding about the audio balance in the Gundam video.

Which one of the NepNep games on Steam is worth picking up? They're all on sale so I figure why not?

While rebirth 1 is meant to be the start, rebirth 2 & 3 take place in an alternate dimension so every character is reintroduced anyway. I'd go 3 (V generation) as it has the better story but you might miss some references from 2.

Yeah, the audio was a bit low for the Zaibatsu in the Gundam Breaker video, but it was still great, none the less.

I fucking wish those games were available on PC so I could rock those graphics on my rig.

23qwerty

Yeah, the audio was a bit low for the Zaibatsu in the Gundam Breaker video, but it was still great, none the less.

I fucking wish those games were available on PC so I could rock those graphics on my rig.

That would look so damn good, looks like no slouch on the PS4 though

Gundam breaker makes me wish I had friends who were into gundam(and ps4s). The combat seemed relatively simple(of course tutorial levels and not the highest difficulty to be fair), but I could live with that if it means I get to build my own sick ass gundam.

Top Bottom