• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

K David Cah-yay peering at me from the edge of the screen is making Omikron hard to watch. Can you just put a random picture of David Bowie over it plz

Strimei

Hah, I remember hearing about this game.

God it looks horrible. And what's with that minion dude with Skye?

edit: Holy crap I think this is Yoda's home planet.

Does anyone know off hand what Pat thinks of Star Trek Deep Space Nine? Thinking of a question that I want to send to the podcast.

Well he hates Voyager so I can't imagine that DS9 would fair any better in his book. Although Sisko is a much better captain (once the writers could give their full attention to it), the fact that it always takes place in the same location most of the time is probably very boring, and all that shit at the end of the series was really, really bad.

Well he hates Voyager so I can't imagine that DS9 would fair any better in his book. Although Sisko is a much better captain (once the writers could give their full attention to it), the fact that it always takes place in the same location most of the time is probably very boring, and all that shit at the end of the series was really, really bad.
I vaguely remember him saying he like ds9 just fine, with the first and last season not being too great for whatever reason(I don't really watch the show).

Does anyone know off hand what Pat thinks of Star Trek Deep Space Nine? Thinking of a question that I want to send to the podcast.
I vaguely remember him saying he like ds9 just fine, with the first and last season not being too great for whatever reason(I don't really watch the show).
Star Trek shows usually have garbage first seasons (with some good episodes in there, but mostly garbage). Pat's problem with the final season is probably the Pah-Wraith plot, which makes Sisko into Space Jesus and ruins Gul Dukat's character on purpose, because the writers were freaked out by his hard core fanbase.

BossRush

I know this has probably been discussed to death, but you know what would be a great way to improve fisticuffs/scrub lords? Make half the video a brawl. Like, for the first half they go through every character in casuals, then after that they do a four man tourney like for the dive kick scrub lords.

Edzi

I know this has probably been discussed to death, but you know what would be a great way to improve fisticuffs/scrub lords? Make half the video a brawl. Like, for the first half they go through every character in casuals, then after that they do a four man tourney like for the dive kick scrub lords.

Yup, pretty sure this has been mentioned before too. Fisticuffs is a poor replacement for Brawls precisely because the competitiveness has been cut out. It's no fun watching them mess around with fighting games if they never plan on learning them enough to have some friendly competition between themselves.

Strimei

Nier part 32 - Oh my god, I lost it when I realized at the same instant as Pat that that...orb thing at the end coming in was Emil's head, and suddenly you see that giant dumb skeleton shit eating grin head flying by.

Good lord. That was one hell of a bizarre stinger. Bravo, Nier.

Yup, pretty sure this has been mentioned before too. Fisticuffs is a poor replacement for Brawls precisely because the competitiveness has been cut out. It's no fun watching them mess around with fighting games if they never plan on learning them enough to have some friendly competition between themselves.

The other thing about brawls was that they didn't need to be fighting games. Just competitive games. The Mario party 9 brawl was great with all the salt. I've always wanted them to play an entire game of Dokapon Kingdom as an epic brawl series.

But I don't want them to stop with fisticuffs. I still really enjoy that for what it is. It reminds me of when I would spend my Friday nights at my friend's playing soul Calibur till 3am.

Frimaire

Hey, I vaguely remember them saying on the podcast a while ago that they played Mario Party against the Ustabiaz(?) at a con.
Is there video of that anywhere or what?

I'm shocked there was no "game overs are a failure of game design" comments made in the latest Omikron video in response to it seeming to not care when they just died and failed.

Edit: ... spoke too soon. They make the comment minutes later when they die again.

Star Trek shows usually have garbage first seasons (with some good episodes in there, but mostly garbage). Pat's problem with the final season is probably the Pah-Wraith plot, which makes Sisko into Space Jesus and ruins Gul Dukat's character on purpose, because the writers were freaked out by his hard core fanbase.

Thanks guys. This kind of ruins what I was gonna ask but I guess I'll rethink it for next week.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
He may or may not have spoiled some things that aren't available States side yet. Possibly to do with Dragon Ball.

Short things short, Its been a year and i dont give a shit about funimation.
Over Super? Man I can't believe anyone cares enough about that garbage to tag him for it.
We still get people bitching about super in the ot so I guess nothing of value was lost.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's not like it says "NeoGAF's Krillin" or "NeoGAF's Yamcha".
Well...
But it was all worth it to post this gif.
MDox8Wj.gif

Reminds me of the shitpost matt got banned.

He may or may not have spoiled some things that aren't available States side yet. Possibly to do with Dragon Ball.
Also, Arnold Palmer isn't dead yet. I know, because I live in the Orlando area and volunteer at his tournament, so I've seen him this year, but yeah, he's getting there.

I love how Pat realized that the big bad's Stand Power in Eyes of Heaven is pretty much the Temporal Weapon Ship from Voyager's Year of Hell.

Went to check vessel to see what the 2nd vid of the day was meant to be and saw this weeks FNF. I'm super hyped for friday now, that game is like my Ultimax. I had my hopes up when Woolie mentioned it in a podcast recently and whaddayaknow, it's here.

Top Bottom