• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Blazblue finally?

They did a comprehensive episode of that though, nah I think I've only mentioned about them playing it once but then we got Saltybet so it was close enough. I'm assuming that they have the entire roster unlocked else the version they chose only has about four
touhous

Strimei

They did a comprehensive episode of that though, nah I think I've only mentioned about them playing it once but then we got Saltybet so it was close enough. I'm assuming that they have the entire roster unlocked else the version they chose only has about four
touhous

Wait. Wait.

They're doing a Touhou fighting game? Oh man, time for me to geek out! Did they like it? Did they mod in the other characters from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody?

Wait. Wait.

They're doing a Touhou fighting game? Oh man, time for me to geek out! Did they like it? Did they mod in the other characters from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody?

Honestly,
couldn't tell you because I'm too cheap to pay for vessel
. I'm sure they know about the thing to get all the characters else the video would go for like 5 minutes.

Menitta

I think they should watch Saltybet for 3 hours straight and compile a video with every match that has a sprite from Blazblue or a Naruto character. Just to piss off those two guys in the comments. You know who I'm talking about.

Xux

Huh, wasn't expecting this for the new LP. Probably mentioned it at a con but I don't care.

It's Megaman X: Command Mission.

Wow. To think I actually downloaded and was going to play Omikron before the LP because I love Bowie-sama and heard it was actually a good game.

Best Friends. They play the bade game so you don't have to.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope these new YouTube guidelines don't effect the best friends. Their shock humour and advertiser unfriendly swearing is why they so good.

Menitta

I hope these new YouTube guidelines don't effect the best friends. Their shock humour and advertiser unfriendly swearing is why they so good.

They'll be ok. They got the site along with Vessel. In addition, I can't imagine anything as bad as the original Content ID system to happen to Youtube. Pewdiepie swears so they really can't stop swearing.

Don't they have a deal with Machinima when it comes to Youtube and that wouldn't really be affected by ad hits on Youtube? My impression was that Machinima basically just pays them to put out the videos, but I could be mistaken about that.

I've seen people making 1984 comparisons and it's just like... lolwut, it's a private company who can do whatever the fuck they want, you signed a TOS when you joined.

So, uh, I tried watching Mob Psycho 100 on Liam's recommendation, and... does this get like significantly different (and better), or is this it? I feel like I got trolled by Liam again.

Should I even check out Re:Zero, or do I just go ahead and assume that's a troll, too?

Moaradin

Mob Psycho 100 is probably the best anime this year. Better than One Punch Man in pretty much every way. Yes it does get better but if nothing about the first episode was appealing to you then I don't see you liking it.

Mob Psycho 100 is probably the best anime this year. Better than One Punch Man in pretty much every way. Yes it does get better but if nothing about the first episode was appealing to you then I don't see you liking it.

Now I feel like you're trolling me. I mean, subjective opinions and all, but I don't see how you could really find the animation, character designs, or soundtrack better. There's a pretty huge gulf in overall quality of assets.

Moaradin

The animation is actually a lot better. OPM had some impressive action scenes for sure, but Mob has that and so much more. Stuff like all the creative animation techniques like animated oil paintings or paint on glass.

As far as action goes, the latest episode was a treat with tons of good moments with this being the standout. In fact, the animator that did this scene was the same one that did the most impressive cut in OPM.

If anything, Liam didn't give Mob Psychoo 100 enough credit.

The animation is actually a lot better. OPM had some impressive action scenes for sure, but Mob has that and so much more. Stuff like all the creative animation techniques like animated oil paintings or paint on glass.

As far as action goes, the latest episode was a treat with tons of good moments with this being the standout. In fact, the animator that did this scene was the same one that did the most impressive cut in OPM.

After Episode 8 I wholeheartedly agree with you

The guidelines aren't new, they've just made them more clear/visible and are actually enforcing this upon videos they previously flagged. Seems like they're mostly using these rules to specifically target "drama" stuff, so I'm not too worried about how this'll effect most channels.

Anung

Un Rama

Totally agree. MOB is probably the best anime I've seen this year. Berserk the worst.

Jintor

the guy who did new game actually worked at a game company for like three years

i think he just isn't making that kind of manga

Those last 2 endings for Nier are totally not worth playing through the game 4 times. Super glad I didn't invest my own time into getting them.

They're still cool but was expecting some more mindfucking and world shattering after Drakengards endings, so a lil disappointing.

God I hope my pc can run Automata

Strimei

They're still cool but was expecting some more mindfucking and world shattering after Drakengards endings, so a lil disappointing.

Yeah, I was expecting more. The final one was kinda sweet in a sad way, and I liked the whole
deleting all save data
thing, but I was expecting some big reveal.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man im never going to play nier again to get those endings. They're just too time consuming for a series just to play automata. All i need to know in nier automata is that robot come to fuck up nier world and no nierman is around to stop then.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

God I hope my pc can run Automata

I've always really liked them honestly for the delete save thing. I can't really think of many other games that would do that. It also is dependent on your investment in the characters, which should be pretty high if you played through the game that many times. To see your protagonist get written out of the story forever can be heart wrenching. And they didn't show it, but if Pat were to go into the screen, start a new game, then when it asks for the name, and if he typed Lucky Ted, it would make a noise and just say no. Lucky Ted is gone forever in every possible way. I think it's pretty sad tbh.

Kinda what I expected. Pat liked Remilia's dodges, Liam was confused how to use Suwako (I am too), China didn't get shown off very well because the matches went purely projectiles.
Oh man though, the Touhou fan in me is going to be driven nuts by the lack of knowledge.
Also love the animations of the characters.
I thought somebpdy would have known a bit more given they were actually playing it but Liam could identify the boss characters so I guess he might?At least now they have some context for all the saltybet characters. I was going nuts that nobody besides pat ever seemed to do any inputs, it is still a fighting game. Now that they've played this, I'll look forward to when they play the nicer looking, constantly flying edition.
bCCxPN4.jpg

Here's Grimoire Nier, by the way. https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127

Fills in a lot of stuff like what happened between the "apocalypse" and the beginning of the game. Obviously don't start glancing through it if you didn't watch the LP or play the game but still want to experience it.

The extra ending E in this book is the canon one that Automata works from, FYI for anyone.

Part of why it's not that is that Yoko didn't write Nier alone. It's a collaboration with a lady who writes shonen stories.

You can tell.

Part of why it's not that is that Yoko didn't write Nier alone. It's a collaboration with a lady who writes shonen stories.

You can tell.

Ah so that must be where Oni-chan Replicant Nier and Emil's almost disgusting positivity come from

Where are our mute unhinged sociopaths, pedophiles, and child-cannibals of yore, Yoko?

WWGDTmi.gif

...I can't be mad at you, can I?

Frimaire

Wow, so Woolie forgot about FF being the healer in part 6, despite calling her best girl in the description like 2 episodes ago...

Strimei

So I haven't played a Megaman X game since...2 I guess? So I'm really out of the loop.

So, is that a female Zero in the opening of X: Command Mission? Near the end, had wings. Looked a lot like a female Zero.

edit: Wait, this is an RPG? What the hell?

Top Bottom