• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Since 3 of the games they're playing right now are story heavy and recent releases it's not all that weird that there's a lot of people not watching anything.

Yeah, I was about to say the exact same thing. Although judging by the Youtube views, MGSV and Until Dawn are doing rather well regardless.

And speaking of Youtube numbers, I've been looking back at the past year-ish of Best Friends stuff. Some of the drop-offs are insane. Take Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage for instance:

Part 1: 174,739 views
Part 2: 82,099 views
Part 3: 68,390 views
Part 4: 58,052 views
Part 5: 58,173 views

That's a steep, steep drop-off. And now that I think about it, I never finished that one, myself.

kewlmyc

Considering I can't remember them talking about Danganronpa ever, it really came outta left field.

Liam would occasionally mention it on the podcast when the games came out, and recently Woolie had a DR song as the ending theme to one of the podcasts, kinda hinting at that he was familiar with the games. Not sure why he kept it secret that he was playing them. Even if we knew Woolie was playing through the DR games, no one would have guessed it was in preparation of a DR:AE playthough since it doesn't make that much sense for the channel to do one.

Liam would occasionally mention it on the podcast when the games came out, and recently Woolie had a DR song as the ending theme to one of the podcasts, kinda hinting at that he was familiar with the games. Not sure why he kept it secret that he was playing them. Even if we knew Woolie was playing through the DR games, no one would have guessed it was in preparation of a DR:AE playthough since it doesn't make that much sense for the channel to do one.

He probably didn't mention it out of fear of someone spoiling the games for him.

MrHoot

Aaaaaanyway I'm done with MGS1, was entertaining (got the bad ending tho. I wanted the stealth suit...). I guess that the cannon ending is that
meryl lives

On to mgs2, and MEMES !

HD edition runs super well on the vita too. A bit odd to get used to the aiming, especially after MGS1. But oh so much more possibilities.

The fun thing about playing these in release order is to see the evolution of TECHNOLOGY and mechanics throughout the series.

Siegcram

Being spoiled by ChipCheezum's MGS LPs, I don't know if I can deal with Liam's playstyle. That series will likely be relegated to background noise.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What video was it from a week or so ago where all the commentary was mixed to the left audio channel? Can't remember which it was but it was really off-putting.

Skrams

The URL for the latest Mystery Box on the site is Best Friends Play Mad Max. So uh, expect a one off of Mad Max I guess. I kind of expect an average game and a lot of WITNESS and Fury Road talk.

Considering I can't remember them talking about Danganronpa ever, it really came outta left field.
I guess if one of us was smart enough we could of deduced something by Woolie keeping his DR playing on the downlow. He mentioned it a little bit, but not much at all so I guess we could of assumed something. I don't think anyone assumed anything tough.
Yeah, I was about to say the exact same thing. Although judging by the Youtube views, MGSV and Until Dawn are doing rather well regardless.

And speaking of Youtube numbers, I've been looking back at the past year-ish of Best Friends stuff. Some of the drop-offs are insane. Take Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage for instance:

Part 1: 174,739 views
Part 2: 82,099 views
Part 3: 68,390 views
Part 4: 58,052 views
Part 5: 58,173 views

That's a steep, steep drop-off. And now that I think about it, I never finished that one, myself.
I feel like the drop off has always been that bad. Most things drop 50k viewers from episode 1 to 2 at the least usually.
I'm pretty sure Woolie mentioned it once or I'm just assuming he did when he put the DR music at the end of that one podcast.

aly

Are all these babies whining about wanting Until Dawn new viewers? It's never been this bad

I doubt it considering that if they really just wanted Until Dawn they could watch anyone else. I legit think people just really want Until Dawn (specifically with Pat and Matt), which is popular right now and the lps they have going on are in a strange place. Two story heavy/long games, a third game in a niche game series, take it or leave it Star Fox, and random mystery box/Reboot. It's been like 3 days since the last Until Dawn upload and that's kinda long for a story game and it's pretty easy to find those other lps rather uninteresting.

This is one of those times where some people might curse the the upload schedule. It's super diverse, which means you can hopefully follow something you like, but it also gets rotated out. With most other lpers you get stuck with one series at a time, which sucks if you're not into it, but it's also usually fully done in a week or two. Both ways have advantages and disadvantages.

Anung

Un Rama
Are all these babies whining about wanting Until Dawn new viewers? It's never been this bad

I'm a legit old guard SBFP watching dude and I'm salt about them not getting Until Dawn quicker. It's going to be a great LP and its the only one I'm invested in right now.

I'm a legit old guard SBFP watching dude and I'm salt about them not getting Until Dawn quicker. It's going to be a great LP and its the only one I'm invested in right now.

Danganronpa is just way too niche and starting from the 3rd game in such a heavy story game was a terrible idea. MGSV is a good game but the plot itself has disappointed me so hard it feel like an old wound opening every time I see new upload from them and Star Fox is decent.

Until Dawn is the one true godly series going on right now.

Anung

Un Rama
Danganronpa is just way too niche and starting from the 3rd game in such a heavy story game was a terrible idea. MGSV is a good game but the plot itself has disappointed me so hard it feel like an old wound opening every time I see new upload from them and Star Fox is decent.

With MGSV it's hard getting enthused about something that you know is going to fall apart down the line.

With MGSV it's hard getting enthused about something that you know is going to fall apart down the line.

I thought it was gonna be a tight race for GOTY between it and Fallout 4 (No interest in either Witcher or Bloodborne, sue me) but unless Bethesda fucks up super hard, they got it in the bag..

That's harsh but I do find it a bit disrespectful towards their other videos to keep dismissing them as "not Until Dawn", it's happening in the Youtube comments too. It's fine if you like a certain LP more than others(it's my favorite LP right now as well) but there's no need to take it out on everything else they do.

MrHoot

I like the other two lps, i just can't watch them at the moment because spoilers ;_; dangitronpaul and MGS is still on my current backlog.

I'm pretty sure tho that it's also one of the problems of doing a MGS5 lp: lot's of people here have yet to play it and don't want to be spoiled on it

Anung

Un Rama

iQfSBlV.jpg

Finally!

"Bear Bear Horrible"

Actually an apt description.

Reminds me of Western lowland Gorillas, Scientific name Gorilla gorilla gorilla.

Been enjoying all of the new LPs so far but seems like only Until Dawn will keep the pace up unless Metal Gear gets some editing, though I think star fox is my favorite at the moment, suprisingly.

I'm really upset at myself that the jump scares in UD keep getting me. I know they're there. I can see them coming, but every time they scare me. Still, it's an awesome lp. I really like how much the guys are getting into it.

And holy shit jess got got super hard at the end there. That looked goddamn terrifying.

Archgan

"They don't look like twins"

What

Pat you should know that twins aren't always identical.
In fact, most twins aren't identical and only look as alike as a sibling who happens to be the same age. Pat need to get his shit together. First he says California redwoods aren't a thing and now he expects all twins to be identical.

Probably, although most of them look twenty, although even when I was in high school (which was six years+ ago, holy shit), the older students looked closer to twenty and some of the young ones looked close to 18.

It just seemed like Jess was a virgin the way she was acting in the latter half of the video.

Archgan

So this is tangentially related to the Best Friends. I had been thinking about getting a vita for awhile, but kept putting it off. But after they started Danganronpa, I decided to get one. So I ordered it off of Amazon along with a 32g memory card that was on sale. When it was delivered, they accidentally sent me 4 memory cards and I'm not sure what to do with the extra. They normally retail for $80 so if I sold the 3 I could make almost all my money back. But I'm not sure if I should or where I could sell them.

Numb

So this is tangentially related to the Best Friends. I had been thinking about getting a vita for awhile, but kept putting it off. But after they started Danganronpa, I decided to get one. So I ordered it off of Amazon along with a 32g memory card that was on sale. When it was delivered, they accidentally sent me 4 memory cards and I'm not sure what to do with the extra. They normally retail for $80 so if I sold the 3 I could make almost all my money back. But I'm not sure if I should or where I could sell them.
Use it for different accounts Arch. If you have stuff spread around. There are usually games there translated most likely but not released outside of Asia. Got DJ Max and some other ones with my other card after getting the new one. Otherwise get a 32 one or 64 if you had plus Vita games all this time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Man, as I was reading this I was like "Oooooh is he gonna give the rest to us Frienders 'cause we're awesome and also I need to upgrade my 16GB card really bad?".

In hindsight, it was probably kinda unrealistic. :lol

Archgan

Use it for different accounts Arch. If you have stuff spread around. There are usually games there translated most likely but not released outside of Asia. Got DJ Max and some other ones with my other card after getting the new one. Otherwise get a 32 one or 64 if you had plus Vita games all this time.
Can you not use multiple accounts on the same card?

Two Best Friends Play DanganRonpa: Another Episode (Part 4)

Website (to come soon)

Liam (I assume) has a write up in the description detailing how to get into the series for those who are confused as all hell. Having to to homework to get into an LP seems absurd though.

Video Description said:
The seconds best way to experience DR1 would definitely be the Danganronpa anime

smh Woolie.
What's with all the downvotes?

People are probably butthurt that it's not Until Dawn.

Top Bottom