• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

MrHoot

Few weeks till the new shitstorm ^___^ Hope they start it off with Soma <3

That got me wondering but what significant horror games did we get since the last shitstorm ? Can't even count Until Dawn for it since they're doing that (would be fun if it concluded on the last day of the shitstorm tho)

kewlmyc

That got me wondering but what significant horror games did we get since the last shitstorm ? Can't even count Until Dawn for it since they're doing that (would be fun if it concluded on the last day of the shitstorm tho)

Five Nights at Freddy's 2-4 :D

Skrams

Liam not fultoning just because of stats even though the base will fill out anyway due to all the expansions. I hope Pat will make up for it in the off time or however this save will work with whoever is playing.
Also running over DD minutes earlier, coming back, shooting him in the head without listening to any dialogue, and extracting him during a sandstorm.
My fucking heart. Jesus Christ, there's gunjumping, but that's just straight rushing through content for no reason. I wonder what would of happened if that extraction failed even. I'm also bummed they didn't bother to interrogate the translator.

Wait they're spoiling 999?! I guess I should play that soon...

Pat said one puzzle uses some math thing. I kind of glossed over it and didn't think about it when watching so I don't remember what was even said, so if you care about that kind of thing maybe be careful.

Anung

Un Rama

MOTHERFUCKING FATAL FRAME will be out by then :D

I... feel horrible for saying this, but I really want to see how they would've reacted to the
extraction failing. AMAZED it worked @ 40%,
thank goodness... hopefully Liam's smarter than me and doesn't accidentally backhand DD while trying to pet him... I still feel horrible. Excited to see the
Quiet battle,
I'm sure he'll handle it more elegantly than me

105.Will

MGSV SPOILERS
I don't even think i can watch the MGSV playthrough now that ive beaten it. That's how sad i am over this game

Skrams

Also can I click things labeled as MGS5 spoilers even. I have no idea whether it just means the end of the game or only retaining to the LP part.

MOTHERFUCKING FATAL FRAME will be out by then :D

Depends on how they want to run this years shitstorm. Fatal Frame hits the 22nd of October so if they're going back to a one a day format then sure. If they're going to try a full LP or something then it's a bit too late in the month for it. I wonder how they'll try to deal with this shitstorm honestly. Four is when I start thinking something might be too much usually. If they can keep the format fresh like they tried to last year then hopefully I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed the sentiment of last year, but them finishing none of the games until Shitstorm Afterbirth happened was kind of disappointing.

105.Will

Don't worry, we all feel it.

We ride together, we die together.

emotional_hug_by_sonnerose-d4tqky3.gif

Anung

Un Rama
Depends on how they want to run this years shitstorm. Fatal Frame hits the 22nd of October so if they're going back to a one a day format then sure. If they're going to try a full LP or something then it's a bit too late in the month for it. I wonder how they'll try to deal with this shitstorm honestly. Four is when I start thinking something might be too much usually. If they can keep the format fresh like they tried to last year then hopefully I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed the sentiment of last year, but them finishing none of the games until Shitstorm Afterbirth happened was kind of disappointing.

I wouldn't mind a one off or a segwaying LP like Eternal Darkness was. I guess it depends on what the game is best suited for. I hope they do it though.

"Lots of Metal Gear and Until Dawn talk this week, but don't fret, it's completely spoiler free!"

I dunno man, I've heard Matt do spoiler free.

Never seen Avatar nor Korra.

Am I really missing out?

EDIT-Paranormal Island sounds so terribly amazing.

EDIT2-Mad Max Shoutouts!

EDIT3-Fuck off Liam, V not being 5. Don't gimme dat cop out.

Anung

Un Rama
Ahhh the metal gear talk. They sound like the OT. I envy them. They are yet to become demon's like Spoiler gaf.

The Last Airbender is a fantastic show which you should definitely watch if you like cartoons. Korra isn't as good as TLA, but it's still worth a watch.

Hmm.. I'll give it a watch.

Pat's and Woolie have felt the first tinge of disappoint.

Ahhh the metal gear talk. They sound like the OT. I envy them. They are yet to become demon's like Spoiler gaf.

Pat will be the odd man I feel in feeling all the way negative. Maybe Woolie. Definitely not Liam. I get the feeling he favors the game play over the story.

Is it specifically because of what goes down in the plot, the Konami bullshit surrounding the game, or just disappointment that this is the last time Kojima's gonna ever work on this series.

Or a mix of all three?

Don't really buy that or I'd like to think they are better than that. I fucking LOVE metal gear to ridiculous levels but it didn't stop me thinking critically about it and these guys (for all the hype) are usually on the ball when it comes to thinking critically of a thing, even if they are invested in it.
Maybe I'm wrong about Pat but Liam has done the "no but it's fine really" spiel way too often for me to take his opinion seriously on games he's a huge fan of. We'll see I guess.
That's all fine really, I'm definitely not claiming that it's a bad game, I haven't even played it so I can't talk about it. What I'm scared of is them trying to justify every single negative in the game or going "whatever I don't care it's great", which I saw a lot in the first 2 episodes.

Maybe the reason I'm worried is that I've heard tons of MGS fans claim that Quiet's model is totally not fanservice or anything "cause they gave a reason". I'm completely okay with fanservice but don't try and tell me that's not fanservice.
Never seen Avatar nor Korra.

Am I really missing out?

Avatar is amazing, definitely watch that if you're even mildly interested. Korra is okay but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not in love with the Avatar universe, it's a huge step down IMO.

Anung

Un Rama
Hmmmm. This actually alleviates my my unhype with the MGSV LP. Doing all the grinding behind the scenes should make it more bearable. Going to make the issues more noticeable though.

Confirmed Pat doesn't know how tall 80 feet is.

With Liam already throwing MGS as a GOTY maybe you're right. shit.

There it is.

Fallout 4 will be Pat's I think.

-EDIT They know about the medical bay and they don't like it lol. Matt hates Keifer. Pat for Doyle (I feel the same.)

Cygan could been good too.

2015:

Bloodbourne
The Witcher 3
MGSV
Persona 5
Fallout 4

Good (not great games)
Arkham Knight
Dying Light
JC3 (I'm guessing)
Battlefront 3(^)
Splatoon

Solid list.

Finally made it to the latest part of the Phantom Pain LP, and hearing Pat and Liam talk about the general gameplay changes and how "going loud" is viable just depresses the hell out of me regarding the current state of stealth games.

Is it specifically because of what goes down in the plot, the Konami bullshit surrounding the game, or just disappointment that this is the last time Kojima's gonna ever work on this series.

Or a mix of all three?

It started off with the last two, before going completely nuclear with the first point.

Skrams

Finally made it to the latest part of the Phantom Pain LP, and hearing Pat and Liam talk about the general gameplay changes and how "going loud" is viable just depresses the hell out of me regarding the current state of stealth games.

People like options. People also don't like getting caught in stealth games to be the same thing as instant failure. People like a little jimmy room to keep it going. I think MGS5 handles it well and it's always been an option of the series. I understand your feelings towards more traditional stealth games though. It's not a very active genre for pure stealth nowadays.

I've been playing MGSV non-lethal and no reflex, and it's been a blast. Only go loud during side ops/free roam.

Haven't watched the lp yet, but if Liam is gunjumping like a maniac, it'll be interesting to see how the Quiet encounter goes down.

Top Bottom