• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Tonight's scary game? NIGHTCRY.

Name is really familiar to me for some reason but I'm not sure why.

(Video is almost an hour long!)

edit: Oh its that horror game they backed for kickstarter, that's why. And Matt's right, this game feels really Deadly P.

Only kickstarter game I ever backed and feel guilty for not playing more of it...got to that elevator and didn't know what to do and died, also didn't realize it check pointed right before...

Xux

Omikron 19:

FIRST PERSON PLATFORMING.

Navigating with a photobucket map.

You can't make this shit up, folks.

Village

Omikron is the LP that finally destroys the best friends.

Liam is going to walk in on all 3 of them having killed eachother

" I guess I own the channel now"

it shall become all vita fuck throughs. And anime talk

And then he will try doing a shit storm, he will get a big frighten and give up on the idea.

Numb

I knew what this was before I even clicked on it.
:)
Liam is going to walk in on all 3 of them having killed eachother

" I guess I own the channel now"

it shall become all vita fuck throughs. And anime talk

And then he will try doing a shit storm, he will get a big frighten and give up on the idea.
Like he already hasn't recorded all the Vita games and is just waitng to release them after their deaths

"But what does that mean? Is that a haiku?"
6N1Rs0S.png

Woolie joking about Luke Cage forcing in its "blackness" rubbed me the wrong way but then again so did Liam calling Geoff Keighley the best gaming journalist. 🤷

Village

Hello

Call back from threads past, a while ago I tried to get a ps3 controller to work on my laptop with out using motion joy and shit, didn't work, and then fedex stole a 360 controller.

Any who, I Got a new gangsta ass beast laptop, and now I would like to try again. Any one know how to do that? Refresher or whatever so I can play until I scrounge up more cash from my empty college student pockets to order that ps2 to pc adaptor for fight games.

Also until I buy this glorious thing. Jesus christ that glorious color pallet.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hello

Call back from threads past, a while ago I tried to get a ps3 controller to work on my laptop with out using motion joy and shit, didn't work, and then fedex stole a 360 controller.

Any who, I Got a new gangsta ass beast laptop, and now I would like to try again. Any one know how to do that? Refresher or whatever so I can play until I scrounge up more cash from my empty college student pockets to order that ps2 to pc adaptor for fight games.

Also until I buy this glorious thing. Jesus christ that glorious color pallet.
Since I never got a proper wired 360 controller since I'm not that big into pc games, i bought a cheap gamepad from radioshack. It worked for the most part. However, for some games like left 4 dead since for that game, you had to make a dummy 360 controller and make Steam accept that so the controls weren't fucked up. I didnt have the patience to do that so I just played the pc port of valkyira chronicles, since that needed no tweaking to play.
If I had it with me right now I would tell you the model, i think it was a logitech one.

Strimei

Honestly, all the turn based RPG LPs they've done are kinda meh except for Parasite Eve, partly because the boring gameplay leads to tedious fights and bored players.

Yeah, its one of the chief reasons why I don't want, and am boggled by the people that request, a Persona 5 (or 3 or 4, for that matter) LP.

I love those games but I think turn-based ones are video LP poison. They work fine for text LPs, though.

The only LP of a Persona game that worked, I feel (that I've seen anyway) was Giant Bomb's endurance run of 4, and even then there are long periods where you can tell Jeff and Vinny are bored out of their minds.

Fitts

I listen to the podcast weekly, but I haven't watched much SBFP over the past few months. When I seen Omikron start showing up in my subs I jumped back in and have been loving it.

The new Shitstorm intro is amazing.

Yeah, its one of the chief reasons why I don't want, and am boggled by the people that request, a Persona 5 (or 3 or 4, for that matter) LP.

I love those games but I think turn-based ones are video LP poison. They work fine for text LPs, though.

The only LP of a Persona game that worked, I feel (that I've seen anyway) was Giant Bomb's endurance run of 4, and even then there are long periods where you can tell Jeff and Vinny are bored out of their minds.

It's fine when the person making the videos actually edits them so they're less tedious to watch.

Squishy3

The GB one gets really bad with Vinny constantly forgetting how to navigate menus. They'll probably do all the grinding and Persona fusing off-screen though probably so we shouldn't have to see too much of the actual boring stuff.

Dave never got to see them fight the king though. RIP.

Strimei

The GB one gets really bad with Vinny constantly forgetting how to navigate menus. They'll probably do all the grinding and Persona fusing off-screen though probably so we shouldn't have to see too much of the actual boring stuff.

Dave never got to see them fight the king though. RIP.

Oh yeah it had problems like that, for sure, but I still think it was pretty good, especially with the guys cracking on it at times.

Kinda wish they could do a P5 endurance run, but since Vinny's part of GBeast now, unlikely. That said, Dan's joining the Beast crew sometime next year...

(and the Shenmue endurance run has had some great moments)

Top Bottom