• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Feels like every time they talk about current paper marios or see some announcement about a new paper mario.
Again, it doesn't feel like that comes up super often. It may just be because I don't watch too much with Liam in it, iunno. Has it come up in the podcast alot lately? Super behind on that.

Again, it doesn't feel like that comes up super often. It may just be because I don't watch too much with Liam in it, iunno. Has it come up in the podcast alot lately? Super behind on that.
No, not really, but I get the feeling that whenever he did it, it was super obvious and stuck in people's minds, so people think it happens all the time.

Liam definitely makes a fuss anytime they talk about Paper Mario. Which is silly because the series was never super spectacular to begin with. It's not so much that he does it though, just that he can sound super whiny when he's upset.

Meffer

Liam definitely makes a fuss anytime they talk about Paper Mario. Which is silly because the series was never super spectacular to begin with. It's not so much that he does it though, just that he can sound super whiny when he's upset.
1 and 2 are amazing so shush, you!

Strimei

There's something in Corpse Party that unsettles me but I can't entirely figure out what.

That one guy seeming to get all hot and bothered over someone getting turned to mush also bothers me a lot

edit: The panda talk had me in tears like Pat.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Feels like every time they talk about current paper marios or see some announcement about a new paper mario.
Well none of the new game's have ever change their stance on it. Was this on the podcast.
Liam is a man of passion. He could almsot be attributed to keeping the vita presence alive in north america and cares about good vita games.

That man more passion than Cena right now and is just keeping himself from looking like Jesus.

The first couple Paper Mario are good games by the standard of being a game I could playthrough. But at the end of the day they were just a 'play once and forget' title to me. Nothing I can get invested in. They're just too simple to be anything I'd lament the loss over.

Basically... I'm taking a Pat stance on this one. Yeah, they're good games. But I still don't care about them because they don't resonate anything of value with me.

Just like 80% of Nintendo other IPs

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The first couple Paper Mario are good games by the standard of being a game I could playthrough. But at the end of the day they were just a 'play once and forget' title to me. Nothing I can get invested in. They're just too simple to be anything I'd lament the loss over.

Basically... I'm taking a Pat stance on this one. Yeah, they're good games. But I still don't care about them because they don't resonate anything of value with me.

That's my plague of gripes' gripe as well.

Honestly, I could say
100%
of Nintendo's IPs don't resonate anything of value to me, mostly because I got into gaming pretty late & could've potentially skipped it entirely if my parents hadn't lucked out & won a PS2 in some raffle. Xenoblade Chronicles X coulda got me, but that fucking garbage combat system killed any hope of that.

Xux

...WTF.
Plague's Shitstorm intro is weird.

What a bunch of nerds. Didn't even
shit on Woolie
in the
The Last Take
video.

Huh. Just noticed there was 3 uploads for today? Maybe that's why they had a couple empty slots last week, wanted to wait for October to do the Helsing one-off.

I just realized I hate when they play games in foreign languages because I feel forced to better pay attention and read the subtitles to know what's going on, but that distracts me from listening to their commentary.

kewlmyc

Yeah, its one of the chief reasons why I don't want, and am boggled by the people that request, a Persona 5 (or 3 or 4, for that matter) LP.

I love those games but I think turn-based ones are video LP poison. They work fine for text LPs, though.

The only LP of a Persona game that worked, I feel (that I've seen anyway) was Giant Bomb's endurance run of 4, and even then there are long periods where you can tell Jeff and Vinny are bored out of their minds.

It would work with a shitton of editing and cutting dead air, but lol at that happening.

Matsukaze

Yeah, its one of the chief reasons why I don't want, and am boggled by the people that request, a Persona 5 (or 3 or 4, for that matter) LP.

I love those games but I think turn-based ones are video LP poison. They work fine for text LPs, though.

The only LP of a Persona game that worked, I feel (that I've seen anyway) was Giant Bomb's endurance run of 4, and even then there are long periods where you can tell Jeff and Vinny are bored out of their minds.
SMT/Persona would probably be my current favorite series but yeah, a LP would suck the energy right out of one's body. It's not worth the effort on their part.

Numb

Aw yea more Omikron. I hope this LP never ends.

joker-notsureifserious.gif~c200

Pretty evil

Every time Pat says something to try to make himself sound smart "I.e Once I compete a section I can redo it no problem", I always remember him saying in the Bloodborne LP "I mentally map their locations in my brain" and then immediately gets shit from 3 different enemies.

Strimei

I started to think the music during the antenna sequence was kinda decent, for this game. But as it goes on, it just reinforces my belief that the soundtrack for this game is what plays in Hell.

I started to think the music during the antenna sequence was kinda decent, for this game. But as it goes on, it just reinforces my belief that the soundtrack for this game is what plays in Hell.

I actually really like that first city theme. But the rest is...pretty obnoxious

And of course any of the David Bowie songs get a pass

Anung

Un Rama
Aww yis new shitstorm doing
Nightmare Creatures 2

Wish that series would come back then again it's basically blood borne.

Frimaire

I think Omicron has surpassed Heavy Rain as my favourite part of the sadness trilogy (I guess quadrilogy now).
It seemed a little slow in the beginning, but it really picked up around when they spent the whole episode trying to find a save item.

I really hope they do something with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. At the very least do a shitstorm video on it (preferably in a certain haunted hotel). But I recall last time they brought the game up that they said it was 'too difficult' to get into a working state even though it's absurdly easy to get working.

Top Bottom