• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

I swear I've heard the music in Clash of Monsters before somewhere...

Its very Two Steps from Hell.

edit: Wow, Crane's torch just flies up and...never comes back.

edit again: Huh, one of the guys (Woolie I guess?) has the same pixel-Dark Souls 3 background I used to have. Neat.

Dude, that'd be pretty sick. I don't think any of the guys have played it if memory serves?

And that reminds me, is DDS 2 any good? I've been eying it since I finished one.

I enjoyed DDS 2, but I kinda barely remember the story, except for a few things here and there. What I do remember is the hexagon based skill system(the skill tree from dds1 is gone completely). It kinda reminded me of the sphere grid system(what it should have been), except instead of being absolutely awful(so, so awful) it is one my favorite skill learning systems ever. You still have normal levels(like the first game), but it has a system where multiple characters can work together to unlock special nodes that provide a bonus to all characters(the only way to get straight stat boost) and a couple special skills(stuff like item find, but also a few attack spells). To me this the perfect version of the skill tree. Limits your options just enough, while providing you plenty of freedom(unlike FFX actually being a a bunch of lines).

...More rpgs need to use that system(i think salt and sanctuary uses something similar? I've never actually played it and its been awhile since I watched German Spy's lp).

Strimei

Definitely giving tonight's shistorm a miss. The main LP is one of the worst they've put out.

Really? Personally I thought it was pretty solid. Not the best for sure, but far from the worst.

To each their own though. But its up there for me.

You have to have laughed, at the very least, at the clip of audio-less gameplay where Pat blows himself up on a tripwire after looking at it.

edit: Loving that Plague intro.

Also good on Pat for catching himself before he spoiled something involving face blindness.

I'm sorry but the EW LP was some of the best "fuck off videogames" LP they've ever done. Between the crashing and the solo pat episode it was a lot of fun to see them deal with all the weird shit that game threw at them.

Woolie will turn into a preacher when the channel finally dies.

Anung

Un Rama
Matt totally tanked the whole LP for me. The only episode I liked was the solo Pat one because he had time to figure stuff out and not have Matt feed him misinformation about how the game works.

Matt not giving a fuck is a sure way to tank a thing in my eyes. Unless it's David Cage related.

Did they ever long play Dark Souls 1?
I've watched their long plays of DS2, BB, DS3 and now DeS..was just wondering about the big daddy of the series.

First REZero, now TEW DLC. Dreams come alive against Pat's wishes!

I'm sorry but the EW LP was some of the best "fuck off videogames" LP they've ever done. Between the crashing and the solo pat episode it was a lot of fun to see them deal with all the weird shit that game threw at them.

Woolie will turn into a preacher when the channel finally dies.

Excuse me

I'm gonna have to get that new intro a few more replays cuz most of it is going over my head. Cept Woolie as a preacher that makes total sense

Pat complaining that you have to view the cellphone before you can call it is one of the times I understand people's frustrtaion with him. Like does he think a game should let you keep the gun you find when you die and rewind to before finding it? It's a completely sensible game design choice.

You're totally right. I'm screaming "How are you gonna call a cellphone if you don't know the number!?!?"

First REZero, now TEW DLC. Dreams come alive against Pat's wishes!

Excuse me

I'm gonna have to get that new intro a few more replays cuz most of it is going over my head. Cept Woolie as a preacher that makes total sense
It's probably a reference to some old horror movie only Matt has seen

ArjanN

Pat complaining that you have to view the cellphone before you can call it is one of the times I understand people's frustrtaion with him. Like does he think a game should let you keep the gun you find when you die and rewind to before finding it? It's a completely sensible game design choice.

I'd forgotten how whiny they were in the Evil Within playthrough, but this DLC episode brought it all back, haha.

Sou Da

Omikron Part 20 ending in a nutshell

casHqTu.gif

Strimei

Oh my god Omikron gets better and better.

Digital-thing David Bowie showing up and Pat's loud "AAAAAAAHHHHHSHUT UP!" was great

This is easily one of my favorite LPs ever. Good sweet God, this is amazing.

Also there was talk in the video about how there were far better FPS games out at the time of Omikron. For curiosity's sake, I went to look up Unreal Tournament. UT came out less than a month after Omikron. Half-Life was a year before. Starsiege: Tribes too.

God, Omikron is a garbage heap.

edit: Oh god they are actually cracking. This has broken them.

I own it (I got a code from someone in one of the OT community)

I haven't beaten the first level (came real close tho)

But damn it's really hard jesus

The level of detail in the levels is really astonishing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watched Clash of Monster that has literal rock advantage; "I will dash you through the stones."

Also watching Carrier, that intro reminded me of the Arryan Resurrection podcast title.

"Should we buy three of these so each member can have it equipped?" Woolie asks, while hovering over an item they own 8 of.

... Pay attention guys. I know LPing is hard but com'on. It says the amount in stock right on the screen.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
"Should we buy three of these so each member can have it equipped?" Woolie asks, while hovering over an item they own 8 of.

... Pay attention guys. I know LPing is hard but com'on. It says the amount in stock right on the screen.
You know woolie can't count. And he's pretty bad at understanding load outs.

Menitta

I love the intro to this podcast. Right before I started listening to it, I updated my phone. iOS 10 sucks. WHY CHANGE THE WAY TO UNLOCK THE PHONE!? IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR YEARS!!!!

Xux

Huh, Thursday's Shitstorm video has the updated intro Plague uploaded on his channel.

I thought I was losing my mind 'cause I totally didn't remember that scene in the previous episodes.

Cool, played The Cursed Forest way back in the ass-day when I was trying all sorts of Cryengine mods, actually pretty fun for what it was

Haven't watched the video yet, wonder how much it's changed since then

Edit
DEER ESTHER

Top Bottom