• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
TIL that Liam ruins online games for everyone and Woolie thinks dogs are stronger than humans.
I get what Liam is trying to say but he is still kind of an asshole. If he only ever played OW on consoles I can maybe sympathize.

Also you know a pitbull can weigh more than a grown human?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
What'd Liam say?
He quits whenever someone starts to organize and band together like Overwatch competitive because he feels he will let the whole team down. I can see why he doesn't play LoL because I can't handle it either but he doesn't even try from what he's saying.

I get what Liam is trying to say but he is still kind of an asshole. If he only ever played OW on consoles I can maybe sympathize.

Also you know a pitbull can weigh more than a grown human?

I could sort of understand where he was coming from until they pointed out there's a non-competitive play mode for people who don't want to deal with teamwork and get fussed over winning, and his response was, "No, but I wanna do the competitive mode, though."

And I seriously doubt there are any pitbulls that weigh as much as Woolie, no matter how many steroids you soak them in. There's a reason dogs, despite millennia of domestication, are very rarely used as beasts of burden (really just sled dogs); they actually aren't physically very strong, jaws aside.

Strimei

He quits whenever someone starts to organize and band together like Overwatch competitive because he feels he will let the whole team down. I can see why he doesn't play LoL because I can't handle it either but he doesn't even try from what he's saying.

On the one hand, I can kind of understand Liam. I used to have absolutely horrendous social anxiety so honestly any kind of interaction, even the sort where someone nicely asked me to change to something helpful or what have you, would eat away at me and make me think that I'm actually a detriment and everyone's gonna yell at me.

On the other, I didn't throw myself into competitive play at all and got over it.

edit: Good laugh at "Say one good thing about Omikron" "No."

Liam's apprehension when asked if he can play another role is fine for casual play. But it's not cool if he maintains that position when entering competitive modes. If you're going to be competitive then you need to have experience with all the cast and a willingness to at least have an alt in another role. As the World Smash tournament champion he should know competitive means knowing how each character plays and how to switch to an alt to exploit an opponent's weakness.

KRaZyAmmo

Oh man that title on Omikron the Nomad Soul part 21 lol

oh my god the no music and only their voices doing the lock. That awkward silent.

Strimei

This LP is gonna be one of those recommended LPs if you wanna see them break down.

Definitely.

I was scrolling my cursor along the bar to just peek ahead as I watched and I thought maybe it glitched out.
I didn't realize that a solid almost half of it is just that one screen.

Okay, real talk. In Omikron, is that the worst goddamn puzzle in anything ever? Cause I've seen some dogshit ass puzzles, but nothing like that shit.

Archgan

So I checked out the FAQ for Omikron after this part and that puzzle wasn't that hard or cryptic. It was just like other puzzles in games where you get a fictional number system and do addition. If Woolie spent like one minute reading it, that whole thing would've gone much quicker (but would've been significantly less funny). Actually solving it without the FAQ would be annoying though, because that font is trash.

Strimei

Alien Isolation DLC tonight.

While I prefer Aliens to Alien, I gotta give Alien credit with the atmosphere of the Nostromo being absolutely amazingly creepy. And the whole motion tracker business, I love it.

Especially with the "Oh its just Parker." *looks behind him* "Its not just Parker, you dumbass!"

And holy shit I jumped at the entering the vent part right after.

edit:
I really wish it had taken Pat from behind after he said "It can only come from in front of me." It would've been poetic.

These sprites are amazing.
giphy.gif

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm kind of disappointed where they ended up stopping. There is a really cool space bit that is just classic Dead Space a little bit after. Though i also can't blame them. I tried playing the game but gave up fro some reason? If I remember right, I could not understand that new terrible gun system.

Not that Pat would have known without seeing the DLC stuff, but the series seems to end pretty definitively.

All your efforts in 3 were for nothing, the Brother Moons still travel to the solar system and consume all life including you.

Which was a damn shame because I really liked these games and wish there were more of them.

Strimei

Not that Pat would have known without seeing the DLC stuff, but the series seems to end pretty definitively.

All your efforts in 3 were for nothing, the Brother Moons still travel to the solar system and consume all life including you.

Which was a damn shame because I really liked these games and wish there were more of them.

I've never played the games but I have had a slight interest via LPs and so I read up about it and...

Yeah that's a pretty damn definite ending. Shit's fucked, yo. The whole franchise is dead, right?

Xux

The third intro's pretty good. Sunday's Shitstorm,
BLOOD
, is definitely a
"fuck through"
; I can't believe they played the whole game!

I've only played Dead Space 1 (though never finished it because it ran like trash on PC at the time) and haven't paid any attention to the series since then. The video of the third game could not seem any more different from what I remember.

Anung

Un Rama
I've only played Dead Space 1 (though never finished it because it ran like trash on PC at the time) and haven't paid any attention to the series since then. The video of the third game could not seem any more different from what I remember.

It's a genuine shame what happened with DS3. There's some good stuff in it such as the rock solid combat and space mechanics. But the rest of it was designed by committee to within and inch of its life and Dead Spaces identity reduced to branding elements. Also the story has a love-triangle so forced it was embarrassing.

Co-op was fun though (co-op in anything usually is)

Top Bottom