• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Went to the subreddit and saw this post:

[–]the_mothman269 The Real Mothman 22 points 9 hours ago
A note for people every Monday 1pm est they will stream the podcast live, the vod will be sub only. The normal MP3 version will come out on Tuesday same time as before.
As a note they will not be interacting with chat as it would be distracting for people listening on Tuesdays

Glad I used my Amazon prime sub for their channel! I'll be watching at work tomorrow night.

Edzi

Are we spoiling the podcast up in here?

This thread always spoils SBFP stuff the second it comes out since people can't seem to realize that not everyone can consume content the moment it's released. It doesn't normally bother me, but the Vessel stuff kinda pushed my buttons.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm wondering if part of this little incentive kinda has to do with all the free subs people are getting because of Twitch Prime.

cuz as soon as I linked my account I threw them my free sub, and now because of this I'm gonna keep it with them.

pretty nifty.

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
Can't wait for t he rest of there PSVR stuff to get put on Youtube, was half way through watching it, before the subscription appeared on their twitch.

explodet

I'm wondering if part of this little incentive kinda has to do with all the free subs people are getting because of Twitch Prime.

cuz as soon as I linked my account I threw them my free sub, and now because of this I'm gonna keep it with them.

pretty nifty.
I was thinking the same thing. Can't blame them for trying to scoop up some of that freefloating Amazon cash.

I'm listening to the podcast and Matt is about to talk about Shin Godzilla. Should I just skip over this part so he doesn't spoil anything for me?

The thing that weirds me out about their office is that it looks like one of those random ass houses that are apparently an office deals, which is weird as fuck.

That said, it's probably the only thing that they could afford.

In the latest Castlevania video:

"This looks like a breakable wall". Walks 10 steps, runs into enemy with giant ball and chain. Doesn't even think of baiting the enemy into swinging into the wall.

I don't know if that's the actual solution to the problem but I'm surprised neither of them even considered it. Overall though I'm liking the Castlevania LP. Never been a huge fan of the series, but that's because I grew up with the NES ones and was too young to progress, and since then I've only played Lords of Shadow (I think, it was a completely forgettable one). I like the whole orbs changing the sub-weapons up though.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
You guys think we're gonna get a tour video of the Ziabatsu offices? I have always been super interested in the innerworkings of their job and the 'work' they actually do outside of videos.

You guys think we're gonna get a tour video of the Ziabatsu offices? I have always been super interested in the innerworkings of their job and the 'work' they actually do outside of videos.

I think they're still getting it furnished and settled in. Hoping they do some sort of tour video after that though. I could see them turning it into an extension of their memorabilia collections, particularly Matt sticking predators and godzillas everywhere. I bet that was his plan all along starting 2BF/SBF!

Strimei

I think they're still getting it furnished and settled in. Hoping they do some sort of tour video after that though. I could see them turning it into an extension of their memorabilia collections, particularly Matt sticking predators and godzillas everywhere. I bet that was his plan all along starting 2BF/SBF!

Pat was literally trying to build his chair during the podcast. They're definitely not fully settled in yet.

Matsukaze

Persona 5 English cast has been revealed.

On the one hand, with the obvious exception of Matt Mercer, those are some B and C-level VAs.

On the other hand, it's cool of Atlus to give those guys such a big opportunity, so I'm feeling fairly positive about this for now. I think Woolie and Liam are going to approve for that very reason, because a) Woolie loves it when unknowns and small fries get cast for big roles in movies and tv and b) Liam's heart knows only optimism. I can, however, also see them all going "Huh?"

Moaradin

On the one hand, with the obvious exception of Matt Mercer, those are some B and C-level VAs.

In terms of what? Most of them are pretty new to the industry but all of them have been putting in great performances lately in shows like One Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter, Gundam IBO, etc.

Matsukaze

In terms of what? Most of them are pretty new to the industry but all of them have been putting in great performances lately in shows like One Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter, Gundam IBO, ect.
In terms of being recognizable, not in terms of actual talent. They haven't had many roles, so it's not easy to picture them as Characters X, Y, and Z because their voices still aren't easy to put in mind. Most of the announcement thread is people going "Who?"

Moaradin

Yeah you probably won't know who most of those people are unless you watch a lot of recent anime dubs. It's a very strong cast though.

zeemumu

Every time Pat got frustrated trying to kill the survivors in Dead by Daylight I thought back to

giphy.gif

Moonlight

Banned

What? Cassandra Lee Morris is a stellar and totally proven VA. Same story with Cherami Leigh and Erina Lindbeck. As well, as... Max Mittelman and Xander Mobus. Almost everyone casted has a great working history. Most of them are newer talents but they're not exactly C-level.

Like, have you listened to SMT4A? Both of them are pulling from the same pool, basically, and SMT4A has some really great and naturalistic performances. Mittelman as Hallelujah and Lindbeck as Asahi stand out most clearly to me. And anyways, Yuri Lowenthal didn't make his career in a day.

Strimei

Tonight's video is Deep Fear (with a special bit at the start of something else).

One thing came to mind while watching it just now, as the guys come across a textbook or something called "Freeze & Preservation of Humans" (yeah that's ominous) and it goes on to mention a "Project Daedelus"

I bring this up because a friend and I have sometimes joked about coming up with a list of names that shouldn't be used for fictional projects/organizations/what-have-you. I get that they're trying to be symbolic (usually), but it gets dumb after a while.

I'm talking stuff like Pandora (oh you know that they're hiding evil shit there), Daedalus, Icarus, and so forth.

If you gotta have a project, call it something cool or weird. That thing from the first Outlast, Project Walrider is a good example, especially since it sounds like "Wallrider' and that just conjures up some bizarro imagery.

edit: OH GOD THE ENEMY CAN MAKE MONKEY NOISES

edit: Oh it was just a chimp.

Top Bottom