• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Squishy3

I don't actually know for sure, I just figure we're getting it since Star Fox/Danganronpa is usually the 3pm slot but with Until Dawn coming out at 3pm today it's probably Mad Max tonight.

Since the way I think they have it planned is Danganronpa/Star Fox for 3pm and Until Dawn/MGS for 9pm

zeemumu

Someone who's beaten UD, does it have a good ending?

Yes. I can say with 100% certainty that when I bought that game I did not see anything past the 2nd half coming.

It's one of those games where you start by thinking that you know what's going on, then it throws you for a loop, then you're like "oh okay," then shit gets weeeird.

Edzi

I'm guessing mods put a halt to that? A shame, feels like a ghost town now.

UD is the shit, I need another fix.

I wish it was more active, but trust me, you don't want to go back to what it was before this. I wasn't even here when it was at its worst apparently, since I left after the 2nd OT was too much for me to handle. It just turned into rapid fire persona waifu wars. It was weird.

Spoiler%%iffic for UD
I guess we know he ain't now, huh?

Goddamn this game went from zero to fucked in no time.

Super spoilery UD playthrough stuff don't read if you haven't watched latest episode:
ROFL I knew I should've finished the episode before saying anything, I was already going "I bet Josh is going to die in a sec and my post will look super dumb".
I wish it was more active, but trust me, you don't want to go back to what it was before this. I wasn't even here when it was at its worst apparently, since I left after the 2nd OT was too much for me to handle. It just turned into rapid fire persona waifu wars. It was weird.

No it wasn't that, it just got very nsfw and 95% of the thread wasn't even about SBFP. It wasn't a very fun thread if you just wanted to talk about SBFP and couldn't relate to the topics that people were discussing(which few could).

I mean, we have the Persona community thread for that!

Hope they've actually played the game's story so they can commentate on that. That and they aren't afraid of talking about the final boss of P4 since he's a freaking character in that.

After the P4 Racing video I'm not particularly keen on hearing their thoughts regarding Persona.
My youthful spirit's been crushed.

Have you finally accepted that Ultimax is the garbage, ketchup kusoge we all know it to be?

kewlmyc

After the P4 Racing video I'm not particularly keen on hearing their thoughts regarding Persona.

Have you finally accepted that Ultimax is the garbage, ketchup kusoge we all know it to be?

They were fine during the spoiler cast. I'm sure it won't devolve into waifu wars.

EDIT: Just finished Until Dawn part 6. How the hell are you supposed to prevent that!?

I have a theory on who's the killer in Until Dawn but I'm still figuring out how it could possibly make sense.

I can't wait for the next episode but at the same time I can't stand watching them because I hate horror.

I have a theory on who's the killer in Until Dawn but I'm still figuring out how it could possibly make sense.

I can't wait for the next episode but at the same time I can't stand watching them because I hate horror.

I dislike horror because I'm a coward, but for some reason I'm fine with Until Dawn.

Man, Until Dawn is getting super good, although Pat's right - all the moving things in the background really set off my paranoia senses.

Also,
Mike's scene with the gun pissed me off because he didn't even appear to work the bolt before throwing it away.
Surprise twist, it was stormaire the whole time.
That would be the greatest.

MrHoot

Reaaally digging into the meat of until dawn now. Freaking awesome. This game was truely made for them

Also big spoiler

They almost got Jess killed

Numb

How have the SBF not acknowledged PWG yet???
Look at this Lei Wulong Tekken tech!
http://youtu.be/5FLGKZZ7s30

Anyways, I love Until Dawn days. I think I enjoy this LP more just because I've played it. So good.
excellent.gif

spoiler your theory and i'll rate how close you are on a scale of 1-10, 10 being completely right

Crazy theory(technically no spoiler since it's all conjecture):
the killer is Josh anyway, he didn't get murdered, it was some weird trick he pulled to not be suspected or something. It's crazy I know.

I'm waiting for you to answer with 0 lol

Crazy theory(technically no spoiler since it's all conjecture):
the killer is Josh anyway, he didn't get murdered, it was some weird trick he pulled to not be suspected or something. It's crazy I know.

I'm waiting for you to answer with 0 lol
The funny thing is
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE KILLER IS!
The_Rock_18_GD.png

Someone who's beaten UD, does it have a good ending?
You know, that's kind of a hard thing to say. You can save everyone BUT if there's any complaints about UD, for me, it's the ending. It's not a terrible or stupid ending, just somewhat unfulfilling for ME. Game is a blast and I think the game gets better and better at the end.
(Spoilers for this episode)
I'm glad they saved Jess but saving her later might be the toughest to do depending on what they do next.

Skrams

From the way people made it sound I thought the MGSV playthrough was gonna be boring, but the episode that came out was pretty great. Liam just giving no fucks.

It's not boring so far. It's just like Pat said on the podcast where MGS5 is going to be a Bloodborne-like LP. I can see it lasting 50 parts depending on how they play their cards. I can't see myself not being a little bored at Part 35 where they do the side op to extract another important prisoner. Hopefully they keep it well paced since they mentioned they're willing to cut out some stuff or ignore some side ops. I'm mostly just hesitant to believe this LP can hold out.

It's not boring so far. It's just like Pat said on the podcast where MGS5 is going to be a Bloodborne-like LP. I can see it lasting 50 parts depending on how they play their cards. I can't see myself not being a little bored at Part 35 where they do the side op to extract another important prisoner. Hopefully they keep it well paced since they mentioned they're willing to cut out some stuff or ignore some side ops. I'm mostly just hesitant to believe this LP can hold out.

They said they're not doing any side ops on screen except for ones that look important or are unique.

From the way people made it sound I thought the MGSV playthrough was gonna be boring, but the episode that came out was pretty great. Liam just giving no fucks.

I'm looking forward to when I eventually watch it now. I actually just want an entire gun jumper Liam LP.
Liam and Pat for Dark Souls 3

Skrams

They said they're not doing any side ops on screen except for ones that look important or are unique.

"where they do the side op to extract another important prisoner"

As in the Legendary Gunsmith or anything else uniquely named. Liam's gunjumping mix it up gameplay is going to have to carry most of the LP even for basic missions.

"where they do the side op to extract another important prisoner"

As in the Legendary Gunsmith or anything else uniquely named. Liam's gunjumping mix it up gameplay is going to have to carry most of the LP even for basic missions.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the numbered side op with the prisoner extraction.

At first I was going to ignore the MGSV LP because Liam is a gun jumper and I thought it would result in many fails but Liam is too damn good. It makes it more exciting.

God dammit, I don't know what's gotten into me with trying to get caught up on the Until Dawn LP that I have my ear buds halfway in and barely looking at the videos because I'm now that paranoid about when the next jump scare is.

Bugs the hell out of me.

God dammit, I don't know what's gotten into me with trying to get caught up on the Until Dawn LP that I have my ear buds halfway in and barely looking at the videos because I'm now that paranoid about when the next jump scare is.

Bugs the hell out of me.

There are so many of them, like I stopped jumping after the first one because everything is basically a jump scare now.

Its pretty great that Matt keeps getting spooked though. Especially when
he jumped when nothing even happened.

There are so many of them, like I stopped jumping after the first one because everything is basically a jump scare now.

Its pretty great that Matt keeps getting spooked though. Especially when
he jumped when nothing even happened.
The problem is that it's making me miss parts of the commentary, which is what I'm here for in the first place. It just sucks that my sensitivity to sudden loud noises leaves me the most agitated, irritable person ever and I don't like it.

And yet right as I write this the
"You just got monk'd"
scare still got me because I happened to pay attention at that moment. Fucking hell, this game. Let my guard down at the worst possible times.

Though that prank was pretty funny by the end of it, but god damn.

Archgan

The problem is that it's making me miss parts of the commentary, which is what I'm here for in the first place. It just sucks that my sensitivity to sudden loud noises leaves me the most agitated, irritable person ever and I don't like it.

And yet right as I write this the
"You just got monk'd"
scare still got me because I happened to pay attention at that moment. Fucking hell, this game. Let my guard down at the worst possible times.

Though that prank was pretty funny by the end of it, but god damn.
Most of the time, someone will compile the timestamps of jumpscares in the comments if you need it.

So for the latest episode of Until Dawn.
Could hat have just not chosen between Ashley or Josh? It looks like the blade actually couldn't have gone past the junction point if they didn't choose a direction. It seemed like the obvious choice to me.

Top Bottom