• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Eh I live in Maine and my room in my apartment is pretty big. Come on up and togethering maybe I can still afford this place when the economy collapses tomorrow ;_;

Menitta

oda_nobuna_06_5.png

I wish I posted this when they named Castle Super Beast.

joe2187

Banned
I still can't get over the Simpsons calling this like a decade and a half ago. One throwaway joke and years later...

Every media outlet from here here to Timbuktu never thought he had a chance. It was always a joke...This was never supposed to happen, it was like the saying "When Pigs fly"

Pigs fly air force one apparently.

Wiseblade

Like the double act between the glasses dude and the 14-year old on the panel is hilarious and terrifies me.

"I think this meant [thing]. Kid, you agree with me right?"

"Actually it obviously meant [opposite of thing]."

*panel bursts into laughter*

WHY IS THIS SO GRIPPING

Edzi

Like the double act between the glasses dude and the 14-year old on the panel is hilarious and terrifies me.

"I think this meant [thing]. Kid, you agree with me right?"

"Actually it obviously meant [opposite of thing]."

*panel bursts into laughter*

WHY IS THIS SO GRIPPING

Glasses guy is my favorite, I tend to agree with him with most of his reactions. Also, that bit where (ep 3 or 4 spoilers)
Yuki was being an asshole and made Mizuki cry
was legitimately upsetting, but was super interesting since it was such a Japanese thing to get so worked up over.

Wiseblade

Glasses guy is my favorite, I tend to agree with him with most of his reactions. Also, that bit where (ep 3 or 4 spoilers)
Yuki was being an asshole and made Mizuki cry
was legitimately upsetting, but was super interesting since it was such a Japanese thing to get so worked up over.
Yuki is basically my favourite,
asking people to get real only to laugh at their tears
. It's savage in a way I can get behind Hairdresser boy is the true villain, his power play in episode 5 was absolute scumbaggery.

Edzi

Yuki is basically my favourite,
asking people to get real only to laugh at their tears
. It's savage in a way I can get behind Hairdresser boy is the true villain, his power play in episode 5 was absolute scumbaggery.

I really hate Yuki, but yeah, hairdresser guy is definitely the evil mastermind. His power play was kinda respectable though, in a super devious kind of way.

Strimei

I'm listening to the latest podcast and Woolie's talking about breakfast.

He says something about how when he was a kid, teh whole Jesus thing meant no bacon.

What exactly did he meant? I never heard anything about that before.

Edzi

I'm listening to the latest podcast and Woolie's talking about breakfast.

He says something about how when he was a kid, teh whole Jesus thing meant no bacon.

What exactly did he meant? I never heard anything about that before.

Maybe he couldn't eat pork growing up? Jews can't eat pork, and Jesus was a Jew so I think certain denominations of Christianity also ban pork the way the other Abrahamic religions do.

Strimei

Maybe he couldn't eat pork growing up? Jews can't eat pork, and Jesus was a Jew so I think certain denominations of Christianity also ban pork the way the other Abrahamic religions do.

That's what I figured though with how he said it offhand, like it was just something everyone knew, struck me as odd.

Edzi

You guys willingly got into that Terrace hole

The guys seemed to enjoy it ironically, but I'm legitimately loving it. Seeing their day to day interactions and relationships develop is insanely interesting considering how different Japanese social interactions seem to be compared to what we're used to.

Yo, it's pretty obvious but just fyi, I probably won't be around to make the next thread here, so whoever wants to should take that up whenever you hit 200/400 pages/20,000 posts.

I can give them the existing thread's code also.

Wiseblade

The guys seemed to enjoy it ironically, but I'm legitimately loving it. Seeing their day to day interactions and relationships develop is insanely interesting considering how different Japanese social interacti
ons seem to be compared to what we're used to.
Yeah, that's definitely a strong part of it. It doesn't feel as manufactured as UK reality TV. the lack of challenges, fane seeking and direct viewer interaction is refreshing. What keeps me watching is probably the panel. Giving you that immediate gossip feedback is so effective I'm surprised I've never seen it before.

Strimei

Today's DS3 DLC had mention of what is still probably my favorite of the Best Frineds' machinima episodes, the Soul Calibur 5 one. Still makes me laugh to this day, from the whole "The girl with the ring blade," "y'know whats a cool weapon used in the 1600s? Sick, giant-ass ringblades!"

And may we never forget, the appearance of h8erfisternator.

edit: And Matt's suggestion to mod in The Kramer on the canvas was terrific.

Edzi

Any of the guys getting a PS4 Pro? I assume Liam would be the mostly likely since he's hella on the VR bandwagon.

Nah, it's getting too hard to justify console upgrades since I have a gaming PC now. Maybe in a year or so when VR has matured and there's a PSPro/VR bundle out there.

Strimei

Didn't Pat say something on the latest podcast about getting a PS4 Pro?

Also at tonight's Cryme Tyme: Oof at Woolie saying that the Purple Heart is the medal everyone wants to get. No, no no, that's not the one, Woolie...

Man, given recent events I just haven't been in the mood to enjoy SBF, and it's been like the only thing I make sure to watch daily for years. The good news is I'll have a bit of content to consume once I'm feeling up to it. Maybe once Omikron is back on I can alleviate things with their suffering.

FlowersisBritish

Man, given recent events I just haven't been in the mood to enjoy SBF, and it's been like the only thing I make sure to watch daily for years. The good news is I'll have a bit of content to consume once I'm feeling up to it. Maybe once Omikron is back on I can alleviate things with their suffering.

I'm kinda in the same boat and it sucks. Bought Titanfall 2 finally, its fun but it all tastes like ash in my mouth. Trying to think of a fun comfy LP to watch and I'm kinda leaning towards Freedom Planet?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I feel ya. I rarely ever miss a podcast, missed Tuesday's because of all that was going on, and now I don't even want to listen to it. I'm getting behind on videos (not just SBF either), I'm three episodes behind on Ex-Aid...ugh.

joe2187

Banned
I feel ya. I rarely ever miss a podcast, missed Tuesday's because of all that was going on, and now I don't even want to listen to it. I'm getting behind on videos (not just SBF either), I'm three episodes behind on Ex-Aid...ugh.

Same here.

I just dont want to hear last weeks podcast at all whatsoever, I can barely watch their videos right now let alone even play video games anymore.

Same here.

I just dont want to hear last weeks podcast at all whatsoever, I can barely watch their videos right now let alone even play video games anymore.

For some twisted reason I absolutley cannot wait for next weeks podcast. I need to get a feel for the sense of doom from our neighbors

Village

Same here.

That's all I want to do. To sit in my own dark thoughts isn't going to help me much, i need to indulge myself.

Can't wait for this steam sale.

To the people watching Terrace House,
whats your take on having a 14 year old on a panel with people aged from 20-40 years old talking about relationships?
It seems really odd.

FlowersisBritish

For some twisted reason I absolutely cannot wait for next weeks podcast. I need to get a feel for the sense of doom from our neighbors

I wasn't at first, but now I am really excited for it. I've mostly gotten all the punching out of me and could really use some Canadian's going, "Whelp didn't think that would actually happen." I could use the cathartacism of someone taking the piss out of us.

Worst case scenario Liam goes, "I'm glad America made the right call." hahaha I might actually be so heartbroken I'd jump off a bridge.

Side note: If one thing my dad always told me, its that money always goes to the ambitious, so who here is interested in coming up to a Canadian halfway house up here in Maine!? Live in a nice city, get an idea if you can handle the cold, learn a bit of conversational french! Only like three thousand for a month and you can get a good idea of whether or not you have what it takes to be a flannel wearing Canadian.

Edzi

To the people watching Terrace House,
whats your take on having a 14 year old on a panel with people aged from 20-40 years old talking about relationships?
It seems really odd.

It's odd, but they use him sparingly so I don't mind it too much. I guess it's supposed to be an interesting contrast to the other much older members of the panel.

I wasn't at first, but now I am really excited for it. I've mostly gotten all the punching out of me and could really use some Canadian's going, "Whelp didn't think that would actually happen." I could use the cathartacism of someone taking the piss out of us.

Worst case scenario Liam goes, "I'm glad America made the right call." hahaha I might actually be so heartbroken I'd jump off a bridge.

Side note: If one thing my dad always told me, its that money always goes to the ambitious, so who here is interested in coming up to a Canadian halfway house up here in Maine!? Live in a nice city, get an idea if you can handle the cold, learn a bit of conversational french! Only like three thousand for a month and you can get a good idea of whether or not you have what it takes to be a flannel wearing Canadian.

Oh god don't even entertain the idea

But I was thinking more the Northwest that way I can pretend I'm living in Twin Peaks or Greenvale

For some twisted reason I absolutley cannot wait for next weeks podcast. I need to get a feel for the sense of doom from our neighbors

The Best Friends don't know the meaning of the word "doom."

Pat and Woolie will joke about it, Liam will say something semi-serious, and Matt will just leave the room and be replaced by Zach or something.

Top Bottom