• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Well I'm trying to catch up on all their videos since Tuesday tonight at work. I did not expect a Jeffree Star reference from the SbF in a Silent Hill LP.

Edit: I've spent nearly 40 minutes watching 'The Snit' videos on youtube. Thanks Pat.

Well I'm trying to catch up on all their videos since Tuesday tonight at work. I did not expect a Jeffree Star reference from the SbF in a Silent Hill LP.

Edit: I've spent nearly 40 minutes watching 'The Snit' videos on youtube. Thanks Pat.

Which Snit? Bubble gum snit, or the post alien technology power up snit?

JC Sera

wait as in the drama queen make up guy?

Strimei

I feel a bit bad since I know Matt (and I guess Liam) is pretty big on Castlevania, but I really could never muster much of an interest in the franchise.

I was watching clips of both, but mostly the bubble gum thing. Man, 90s Canada TV was weird.

Imagine growing up on that stuff! It was the best. The fact that there were storylines in between cartoons was the greatest. I had always thought that other countries had cool stuff like that for their cartoon shows.

There was a story line one time where the channel was taken over by one of the puppet monsters, ( they were called grogs I think.) It was the pinnacle of TV!

Strimei

Saw this over on the subreddit (Shout of Earth is, supposedly, Woolie):

Screen_Shot_2016-11-13_at_2.39.26_PM.png

Oh boy.

(I say supposedly because I seem to recall hearing that that is the name he uses, but you know how the internet is)

Saw this over on the subreddit (Shout of Earth is, supposedly, Woolie):

Screen_Shot_2016-11-13_at_2.39.26_PM.png

Oh boy.

(I say supposedly because I seem to recall hearing that that is the name he uses, but you know how the internet is)
That's the name he uses, but I guess someone could have just changed their name just for this picture.

Don't know why anyone would though.

Fat4all

Banned
You can really tell they didn't imagine Telltale adding more than 5 episodes, just from the way they talk about having to do the LP.

Strimei

Matt posted the following about the Machinima episodes that were uploaded to Vessel (and Machinima never seemed to bother to ever upload to Youtube):

Just got an email back from our Machinima producer a few minutes ago and they're giving us the go ahead to re-upload all the content we did for them at the end of 2015 and the start of 2016 on our own YT channel.

So stuff like Fallout 4, Tony Hawk 5, Xenoblade, Quantum Break, Yakuza 5, etc will be uploaded to the channel on Thusdays, starting this week! And these won't be cut-up into 5 minute chunks, and instead be the full 12-20 minute videos. Our dream is now clear.

Please look forward to it, and continue to work hard!

Xux

Weird how they have that sick intro but usually the videos that use it are Matt and Pat.

Not that I'm complaining since that's a top 5 config but it's still odd.

Archgan

When did they do a video of Quantum Break?

There were a bunch of videos that were broken up into 5 minute chunks on the machinma vessel page. They also made an Overwatch video. I remember seeing them sometime over the summer, but I don't know when they actually were uploaded.

Strimei

Their machinima stuff kinda sucks so I didn't really miss it.

I've heard as much, that they weren't the best, but I still want to see it. Exclusivity things like that annoy the hell out of me, especially when they weren't meant to be exclusive, it just seems like Machinima being worthless.

Also I imagine not being cut up into 5 minute bits will make it better somewhat.

Ahahaha, Paige would have easily one-shot the BSB if baddies in the chat hadn't told her to use Antidotes. I still can't believe how effective that poison is in getting people to stand there and mash Square when they should just ignore it and finish the fight.

Strimei

Dark Souls 3 DLC final:

I'm kinda surprised Pat didn't pick up on what the painter says being very similar to what Priscilla said about the Painted World of Ariamis. A dark, cold, gentle world, that'll be a home to someone, someday.

What with how time is all twisted in Dark Souls, maybe she's actually going to paint the painted world of Ariamis.

edit:
Reading up on it, apparently the Painted World of Ariandel is just a restored Ariamis, so its not time shenanigans. Still, surprised Pat didn't pick up on the connection with the painter. And the painter also has some scales and reptilian eyes, so she's likely related to Priscilla and Yorshka

I strongly disagree with the whole color/colour thing, but Pat's super right about the "Coke" thing. Fortunately, I've never met someone so insane.

I'm listening to the podcast and hearing them talk about the lack of headphone jack on the new iPhone it makes me wonder whether they know that you can still use headphones with it..
I just got one like a week ago and it came with both the adapter for 3.5 and a set of lightning port headphones.

Edit: oh whoops, never mind posted like a minute too early. Pat just acknowledged it

Top Bottom