• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

joe2187

Banned
Matt & Liam in lament of innocence LP

- Brag about being better than woolie and Pat about not getting lost in video games

- ....While getting completely and utterly lost for the half the video.

Looked at the podcast stream
Thumbnail was of GAF light theme

Left.
Does Woolie have a GAF account? Because if he doesn't, he can't change the theme unless he's got a userscript in his browser for that.

I know Pat has an account, but he won't give Woolie his log-in info.

Neol

I think its safe to assume they all have a GAF accounts since they mention various threads all the time and it would be weird if they didn't.

Edzi

Just got into a argument about how Woolie phrased what Overwatch Quick Play mode is which is a place where it was just trolls and people dicking around.

Liam kinda saw this as elitist as a lot of people just play quickplay for fun while trying to win and not necessarily to what Woolie described it as. I can kinda see how it got under Liam's skin cause he plays the game casually and it felt like an insult to him and others.

Its alright to acknowledge this though and I honestly don't feel it was too bad but live tweeting the issue during a live podcast shouldn't really happen tbh.

That seems like a weird thing to get upset over, there's no reason why he should take something like that as a personal attack.

ArjanN

That seems like a weird thing to get upset over, there's no reason why he should take something like that as a personal attack.

Eh, to be fair, I think people often forget that the casual dicking around mode is actually where most of the audience is.

Edzi

Eh, to be fair, I think people often forget that the casual dicking around mode is actually where most of the audience is.

Well, there's a difference between playing a competitive game casually, and playing it like a troll. There were far too many troll players in Quickplay, and that just ruins the game for the people who actually want to play the game how it's meant to be played (and have a chance at winning) without the super competitive pressure.

Strimei

I think its safe to assume they all have a GAF accounts since they mention various threads all the time and it would be weird if they didn't.

Eh, don't be so sure.

I actually lurked for like, a whole year before I made an account. Mainly because I couldn't bother to find a non-gmail email account to use for a while.

Pat definitely has an account. Matt had an account. Liam at least browses, not sure if he has an account. Woolie might not even browse regularly since I can't recall him bringing GAF up often, if at all.

Does Woolie have a GAF account? Because if he doesn't, he can't change the theme unless he's got a userscript in his browser for that.

I know Pat has an account, but he won't give Woolie his log-in info.

I imagine does have an account, but if I remember right they have semi-assigned "beats" they mostly stick to in terms of social media outreach (Pat on GAF, Woolie on Reddit, etc.). That doesn't mean the others don't use other services, obviously, but it does mean Woolie probably just browses the site for headlines and maybe a fighting game thread or two and doesn't take responsibility for the shenanigans we get up to here.

Pat's supposed to be responsible for our bad behavior, but he's been mostly quiet since The Troubles.

Edzi

What were the Troubles?

I too want to know about the Troubles.

I asked about this a while ago and was told that the thread got too wild and off topic with waifu wars and other questionable content, so it got nuked. I had stopped coming here before that happened since the thread moved too fast for its own good and it was dominated by a handful of posters having their own conversations, so it makes sense that it spiraled out of control.

Strimei

I asked about this a while ago and was told that the thread got too wild and off topic with waifu wars and other questionable content, so it got nuked. I had stopped coming here before that happened since the thread moved too fast for its own good and it was dominated by a handful of posters having their own conversations, so it makes sense that it spiraled out of control.

I didn't pay too close attention at the time (this was when I was a non-registered lurker) but I do remember how utterly offtopic this thread was then, yes. Like, give it a day and it'd have grown like two dozen pages at minimum.

Village

I'm interested in hearing the liam thing, I am a broke boy, so I can't afford subs to twitch

I don't know how many of you folks watch Max and his stream. But uh liam on twitter and kenny's response got me to look through the archive.

Yo , Simmons pushing himself up in teir list of doods

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

I stopped coming to the thread for the exact same reason. I'd refresh the page and lose the train of conversation all the time and after awhile just gave up on it. Super glad the thread has slowed down to a pretty nice pace.

that were dark times I tell you what

I just wish Pat would come and comment in this thread again like he used to now that we're actually on topic about the videos.

Anung

Un Rama
Jeez been a rough day for the guys on Twitter it seems. Between Liam self searching, Matt getting allegedly ragged on and hinting about some cryptic shit to do with Woolie.

Strimei

Wait, what? I missed all of this.

No idea, guess we'll find out on the podcast, but yeah things seem kinda emotional right now.

Also a good friend of Liam's had their apartment broken into. Matt was complaining earlier about some people that apparently followed him on twitter and yet really ragged on him.

Kinda scary all the same though.

edit: Shitheads in the podcast chat it seems. edit: Maybe.

Hate to sound sarcastic, but shocker, twitch chat is toxic. Never understood why people seem to like twitch chats in general, they're always shitholes.

That seems unlikely, as Pat was not really involved in that stuff and we have rules we are actually expected to follow now.

I think he just means that having Pat around would draw way more traffic into the thread, due to how much everyone loves Pat. Like, whenever Pat isn't around, everyone should be asking, "Where's Pat?"

Ehhhh I dunno. I fear that if he does, all the old posters will swarm and then oh look the Troubles again.

Nah. The troubles won't happen again, the mods will see to that.

By which I mean I will be alerting them to it because I fucking hated that period of time in the SBF threads. I just wanted to talk about the recent SBF stuff and never could get a word in on it.

Anung

Un Rama
Nah. The troubles won't happen again, the mods will see to that.

By which I mean I will be alerting them to it because I fucking hated that period of time in the SBF threads. I just wanted to talk about the recent SBF stuff and never could get a word in on it.

But anime and butts and lewd!

Edzi

No idea, guess we'll find out on the podcast, but yeah things seem kinda emotional right now.

Also a good friend of Liam's had their apartment broken into. Matt was complaining earlier about some people that apparently followed him on twitter and yet really ragged on him.

Kinda scary all the same though.

edit: Shitheads in the podcast chat it seems. edit: Maybe.

Hate to sound sarcastic, but shocker, twitch chat is toxic. Never understood why people seem to like twitch chats in general, they're always shitholes.

Matt really needs to grow some thicker skin. Dude complains about criticism every other week, even though I'm sure he's not the only one of the guys who gets losers annoying them online.

Jeez been a rough day for the guys on Twitter it seems. Between Liam self searching, Matt getting allegedly ragged on and hinting about some cryptic shit to do with Woolie.

The stuff Matt is hinting at about Woolie is from the netflix show he talked about. Terrace House. Someone on the show asks about everyone's hopes and dreams, and one of the girls doesn't really have it planned out, so he says he hopes her dream can be more clear. Also in another episode, someone eats another character's beef. That explains his tweets.

Anung

Un Rama

Yeah, I kind of thought streaming the recording process would be a dumb idea. Especially like Edzi says Matt takes most criticism (even legit stuff) to heart. then again twitch stream didn't interest me anyway.

Liam and Matt's confusion over east and west is quite entertaining.

Edit: Wow just saw the Liam tweets from earlier. Now I feel bad because I've complained (here) about his arguing in the past. Didn't realize he has worked on trying to do it less. I've always just written it off as him being (relatively) younger than the rest, as I remember being a similar way at that age.

Edit2: Liam's mac n' cheese monstrosity looks super good.

Shame to see everybody having troubles. The best friends are perfect and shouldn't have people being vile towards them or Liam shouldn't feel bad for a fault that many people have (I know I have it). We are who we are and the important thing is the best friends stay who they are and not change because people want them to. The fact that anyone is being mean towards any of them can kindly fuck off.

Criticism is fine but there is such a way to being critical without being an asshat.

Liam is actually being less contrary, it just seems like relatively he isn't because Pat has weirdly matured an enormous amount over like the last year or two. I mean, there's still times when he goes Crazy Pat and starts taunting his girlfriend with key lockboxes, but seriously: he will readily and without having to be forcibly talked down admit that he is/could be wrong, about Star Trek. To Matt.

If you've been following the Best Friends for a while, you probably realize how ridiculously huge of a milestone this is in Pat's maturation. Poor Liam's trying, but he just didn't have as much ground to cover, so it looks like he's standing still.

To me the difference between Pat's contrarianism and Liam's was always that Pat's seemed like an act. Or more like he didn't take himself or what he said too seriously, he was just turning things up to play dumb. He probably did actually have a lot of the opinions, but he didn't care enough to articulate it because he doesn't actually care if other people agree or not. I think Pat chilling is just him realizing he doesn't need to keep it at 11 to be entertaining.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
It seems every time I check Liam's twitter now, it's just another Boss Battle with his inner food demon.

I'll be honest, I love hearing about Liam's food adventures because it makes me want to cook. Like actually cook, not just put some hot water in a ramen packet and call it dinner. When I heard his great stew adventures I made a stew of my own and it was a near religious experience. Lot of life lessons come from stew. Mostly beef broth plus flour expands...

Jintor

cooking is the best and i'm sad i didn't take advantage of my godawfully lazy bachelor life for it more

i left behind my slow cooker...

Still making my way through the latest podcast VOD, and every now and then out of the corner of my eye I think Matt is wearing a chef hat.

F17mhNO.png

Edzi

Just watched the first episode of Terrace House and I am thoroughly entertained. It feels like it's going to be a live action anime.

Top Bottom