• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

This is some great fan art:
CxWpi9-UsAEfwNJ.jpg
https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/798730957062696960
I've been waiting a few weeks to draw this, @PeachSaliva @AngriestPat

Like I get that they really don't like Minecraft story mode but... Come on guys, stop being total shit about it. Play the game.

I fucking hated part one, really kinda had been hoping this part might be something different out of Woolie and Pat.

Like I get that they really don't like Minecraft story mode but... Come on guys, stop being total shit about it. Play the game.

I fucking hated part one, really kinda had been hoping this part might be something different out of Woolie and Pat.

Weren't they just trying to see what happens when you don't try at all? Like, since the game doesn't actually necessitate that you do otherwise? Pretty sure they established right at the start that that was the plan.

Of course, I mostly just listened to it like a podcast, and I think that's what most people did. I never really had any interest in the game's actual plot.

Strimei

Ah, Minecraft. I enjoyed Pat's reaction to the pig at the start.

Also seems they're back to not doing anything with the controls. Wonder how long that'll last.

edit: Holy crap its over an hour too. (oh its the whole episode thats why)

Strimei

I'm kinda surprised Woolie doesn't remember the various suicides in Groundhog Day. I distinctly remember the toaster one, at the least.

Also Woolie totally got me with the whole "Hey look at the video quick, something's going on! Gotcha!" thing

I take back what I said about this minecraft episode, just got to Super Bible Friends. This is the best episode of anything.

"Just bash those babies against the rocks!"

Village

This minecraft episode is kind of shit

And not shit in like " oh they are doing it on purpose"

Its like kind of just shit... like why upload this like people put time and effort into the game. You aren't even like acknowledging the game, for most of this ... like fuck off. Kinda.

Strimei

Its like kind of just shit... like why upload this like people put time and effort into the game. You aren't even like acknowledging the game, for most of this ... like fuck off. Kinda.

The first episode was because they needed filler for a short time. And as they talked about in today's episode, they take pride in the whole finishing an LP (unless its either intended as a one-off from the get-go or technical problems keep them from playing it, such as with Call of Cthluhu and what almost happened with Omikron).

Edzi

So like... I don't really care about Minecraft Story Mode but... Isn't this becoming kind of a troublesome trend? It's okay to joke about being unprofessional, but it seems like the whole "lol, we don't care, minimum effort" mentality is becoming more and more of a regular thing. The joke can be funny a few times, but I worry that the joking apathy towards some of their content might actually turn into real apathy one day.

The first episode was because they needed filler for a short time. And as they talked about in today's episode, they take pride in the whole finishing an LP (unless its either intended as a one-off from the get-go or technical problems keep them from playing it, such as with Call of Cthluhu and what almost happened with Omikron).

Guess it's not just me. Also, taking pride in finishing every LP is kind of a joke if all it takes to meet that standard is stuff like this.

Menitta

So like... I don't really care about Minecraft Story Mode but... Isn't this becoming kind of a troublesome trend? It's okay to joke about being unprofessional, but it seems like the whole "lol, we don't care, minimum effort" mentality is becoming more and more of a regular thing. The joke can be funny a few times, but I worry that the joking apathy towards some of their content might actually turn into real apathy one day.

I feel like this and Omikron are exceptions. I don't think they expected Omikron to be that bad, while Minecraft was just an experiment.

Also, they've never been one to follow trends. (Except for Souls games)

I imagine Minecraft would be dead if there wasn't some weirdos who have seriously been asking for it. Though nothing compares to the god awfulness of the Reboot LP. I hope it never revives.

Edit: So the KI Shadow Lords thing actually made me interested to check out the game. So I went to try and buy it on Steam and guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn it's not there. Just on the Windows store for PC. So yup, I'm probably not getting that game ever.

Edit: So the KI Shadow Lords thing actually made me interested to check out the game. So I went to try and buy it on Steam and guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn it's not there. Just on the Windows store for PC. So yup, I'm probably not getting that game ever.

Sort of curious why you thought a Microsoft first party game would show up on Steam? If I recall correctly, KI was one of the first games (or at least the first game I was interested in) to hit Windows 10 from the Xbox.

You should still get it tho.

Sort of curious why you thought a Microsoft first party game would show up on Steam? If I recall correctly, KI was one of the first games (or at least the first game I was interested in) to hit Windows 10 from the Xbox.

You should still get it tho.

I just thought I had seen it on Steam before but I think I was confusing it with MK in my head. I don't particularly pay attention to either Microsoft or Fighting games. I'm not super interested in spreading my catalog across distribution platforms. Already got more games then I'd ever be able to play on Steam.

Altairre

Remember when people were optimistic about Microsoft's attitude towards PC gaming in the hopes that they learned their lesson from the whole Live debacle and because Spencer was so adamant about it? That sure lasted all of like two seconds. I still feel bad about buying Forza and I love that game (my GotY in fact). That's how atrocious this store is.

At least now I have more time to play Yakuza 0 and Nier.
Unless those get delayed or something...

Well Nier doesn't have a Western date, and you'd think if it was WW they would've announced it by now.

Yakuza 0 is probably the reason Persona 5 got delayed so I doubt that'll get pushed.

Anung

Un Rama

Most times I'm struggling to even see the difference between them joking about being unprofessional and them actually being unprofessional. I'll probably never finish Omikron due to the batch with the horrible sync issues. I know the game is "haha so terrible" that it "deserves" to have bad sound but if you expect me to sit and watch you suffer through a bad game that no-one is enjoying at least put the effort on the editing side to make it tolerable to watch. I'm surprised that Pat was surprised that when people people kicked up a fuss because he didn't put in the bare minimum of work he should be doing for his channel.

I do think some fans egg them on with this shit though or are two busy being up there asses to call them out on shitty things. Even when Liam was having his breakthrough about the way he acts on the podcast people are like "it's fine though lol". Might explain why Matt takes any form of criticism so harshly.

Idk Xbox Duke, David Lynch and Groundhog Day talk is making the Minecraft LP worth it so far.

Also make sure to further support your favorite Youtubers by watching them in fullscreen

Omg Omikron is back?? Yay

Edit: 1st Grade me pledges their loyalty to the Pro-Snitch Alliance

kadotsu

Banned
I think we got our next Shadow of Mordor PS3 like game in the ACII remaster. They should redo the video with the version that represents the game how it was meant to be.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
You know what I miss? Pat being wrong about psychology. I dunno, it might be because I've been thinking about my favorite psychology practice a lot lately. The "drill holes in their heads so the demons can escape." My favorite therapy next to electroshock.

You know what I miss? Pat being wrong about psychology. I dunno, it might be because I've been thinking about my favorite psychology practice a lot lately. The "drill holes in their heads so the demons can escape." My favorite therapy next to electroshock.

Trepanation? I think I learned about that from Magic: the Gathering.

I'm still not sure where I learned about mummia, but I still blame pop culture.

Menitta

Didn't he major in Psychology?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
If you have a psychology degree that's more than ten years old you might as well not have a degree, honestly.

Bah, it's true that psychology has definitely advanced exponentially, but they all pretty much teach the same shit. Only real difference is if you keep up with scholarly articles and research which they kind of make you do as a student. Then again, onlookers should take what I say with a grain of salt because I also think Freud is rad all things considered.

Top Bottom