• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

man, people just keep getting saltier and saltier about Blazblue. That's it! I'm unsubbing from Team Four Star!

Wait, seriously, people are still getting pissy about that?

Christ sake, its been almost a year. Never fully understood the salt anyway, I thought the shit job they did last year was hilarious (though perhaps a bit overly long). God.

Watch them do Chronophantasma or whatever the fourth game is this Christmas though. And people will still bitch.

Menitta

Christ sake, its been almost a year. Never fully understood the salt anyway, I thought the shit job they did last year was hilarious (though perhaps a bit overly long). God.

Watch them do Chronophantasma or whatever the fourth game is this Christmas though. And people will still bitch.

I remember seeing a comment on one of the Until Dawn videos that said "Fuck this when's Until Dawn" It'll be like that.

So yeah, I ain't going to ask this in the Sun and Moon thread because it's going to get buried fast. But I have avoided pokemon a very long while for much the same reason as Pat. I had no interest in a game with content (in this case, Pokemon) that is locked behind previous entries or attending real world events. So can someone more knowledged answer this simple question:

Can I buy a 3DS and Sun/Moon and be able to acquire every single pokemon, whether through legitimate means or not?

If the answer is 'yes', then I'm picking the console and game up this next week. If no, then probably going to continue to ignore pokemon. I don't necessarily have plans to "catch 'em all" but I'd be super salty if I found out after starting that there was a neat pokemon I wanted just to discover I needed either a previous iteration or to go to some lame event to get it.

Village

Eh, I don't think time averts you from crticicism, if you think its shitty. It might still be shitty now. I think that minecraft thing is legitimately bad and they shouldn't have uploaded it, in a legit " this makes sours me on your content as a whole way and your future content possibly"

Strimei

Eh, I don't think time averts you from crticicism, if you think its shitty. It might still be shitty now. I think that minecraft thing is legitimately bad and they shouldn't have uploaded it, in a legit " this makes sours me on your content as a whole way and your future content possibly"

I suppose, I just was thinking from the "time heals all wounds" and "its far enough back, move on already" sorta mindset. But to each their own.

Can I buy a 3DS and Sun/Moon and be able to acquire every single pokemon, whether through legitimate means or not?

I mean, if you're going to like, hack pokemon, then what's stopping you? But as for legit ways, no. As it is, unless you've been getting the monthly mythicals that were part of the 20th anniversary celebration, you're gonna have a hard time getting them after this for a while.

Numb

sticker,375x360.u2.png

Strimei

I don't get Paige. She killed Bloodstarved Beast in three tries and is really beast overall, yet she's so skittish about the wheelchair chaingun mooks.

edit: Pat has no idea how wine ages.

Threaded Cane and Saw Cleaver are the only starting weapons. The Hunter's Axe is boring and not even especially good, and really only there so you can lean into Strength hard until you get an actual, manly STR weapon.

Also, the goofy spin is like the greatest noob trap ever devised.

Strimei

Kinda want a full LP of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter.

Also at about 10:10 that poster is clearly casting a shadow on the wall its supposedly laying flat on.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Man, i love the best friends, think they're a very funny bunch of guys, but 2Snacks is wasted on them. That guy could be doing his own pixar animated movie and instead he's making pony videos of them screaming at each other. That guy is a god damn beast.

Autodesk Maya is a beast in the right hands, but it's a fucking shit to deal with alone.

I messed around with it professionally for around a year, and even with coworkers that shit was rough.

Oh yeah animation no matter what package you're using is a discipline x10, it's hard enough to do static stuff

I'd rather have no video than have Reboot.

At least it isn't Mission Control. I mean Mission Quest. I mean Command Mission.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
"IT'S EASY TO FEEL RIGHT WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!"

One of the most unintentionally wise things Pat has ever said, and very relevant.

That newest Omikron part sure was something.

Strimei

Pat's pleading to see the guide just to find out how to spell Mesh'tar, only to find out there's a fucking K in that name...I lost it.

Strimei

They start off talking about headphones and Pat mentions his Bose ones again and I have to wonder, aren't they kinda like...overpriced and cruddy?

I used to buy them but for the price of the one I got, they both crapped out within a year. I plunked down a bit more for a Sennheiser and this thing's lasted me like three years already and it sounds as perfect as day 1.

Menitta

Surprised to hear Woolie go back to Mirror's Edge Catalyst and like it. The way he played Mirror's Edge 1 made me think he wouldn't like it at all. I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.

Top Bottom