• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

That omikron episode is some of the best Pat and Woolie have made me laugh in a while. Only thing those two have down that have killed me that hard was the latest Minecraft episode where the talk about God telling Moses to get his niggas in line. I gotta come around to watch that Reboot episode but Woolie sounds so suffering until then time to rewatch Indigo Prophecy

Nazo

Just a heads up for people going to their site. I just had a fake Microsoft redirect when I tried going on their site that completely locked up my browser. I'm honestly not sure if it was a problem on my end or not but please be careful everybody.

its hilarious to me that liam dislikes UDG but likes Danganronpa 3. DR3 is like a fucktillion times worse

I keep seeing people say this but I don't understand why. Sure it had some bad moments, but even DR1 and DR2 had their down bits.

I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Is it out in English yet?

Came out a few weeks after the JP version did, but they half assed it so badly that I don't recommend the dub. The final shot of the series is even a joke by the voice actors.

I keep seeing people say this but I don't understand why. Sure it had some bad moments, but even DR1 and DR2 had their down bits.

I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Its pretty simple.

UDG is mainly stand alone, whether or not you like how much it shows of the Tragedy and the main villain kids. As a game its rather poor, but thats just Danganronpa, theres just more game in UDG. UDG doesn't taint what came before it in any significant way...unlike DR3.

To say that DR3 had some "bad moments" would be to undersell it because its essentially the Star Wars prequels for Danganronpa. It only exists as a vehicle to deliver the characters from Point A to Point B in the most boring way possible while undermining a lot of the series along the way. Whether or not this was how it was always supposed to go down, its undeniable that the idea everyone had in their head was far more interesting then what it ended up being. DR3 started off pretty good but it started to collapse (both story and production wise) halfway through and by the end I think a lot of people had completely turned on it. Despair also completely ignores Zero exists for the most part.

Fwiw, DR3 is extremely ambitious as an anime doing the two episodes a week thing that tie into each other, but with a studio like Lerche and a week script it ended up just falling apart. Future didn't have to be a killing game. Despair didn't have to dedicate an entire episode to the Twilight Syndrome case. There weren't enough episodes and they still ended up wasting time.

That's not even getting into the big issue with the entire thing - it completely undermines DR2's twist in every way by making it not interesting but removing any sense of responsibility from the characters.
Brainwash/mindhack is so boring and stupid that not only does it make DR2's twist null, it also makes Future's concept null as well. Now that the Remnants aren't actually at fault, Naegi is right instead of being morally grey in defending them so Munakata doesn't really have a leg to stand on, especially in the end when the DR2 class comes in to save the day via friendship and the power of not having design changes

Fat4all

Banned
*new LP*

8VcVqNv.jpg

Menitta

I support the fact that the Wii/PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed is better. I played the Wii version back in the day and I thought it was alright. (Granted I was a child but still) It never had the shitty hub walk around part and forced you to talk to people.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I question why they decided to make November uploads so full of suffering for themselves, but it is what it is and it is amusing.

I'm still waiting for the next part of Silent Hill 3 to be uploaded, getting shafted for suffering.

Village

Sonic the werEdgehog

Its true

The werehog wasn't popular. Sega went with it because apperently it tested well with kids... but in actuality, not so much. Shadow worked because despite what some might say, he isn't sonic, he's another guy. Turning Sonic into edgy dumber knuckles... just made people wish they were playing as knuckles fighting stuff. And then the bonus is , that knuckles... was supposed to be in unleashed... in the were hogs parts.

But they went with the werehog and dark gaia, because you know. No one wants sonic and knuckles in 3d, or something. No one wants that.

Village

Like Lovecraftian final boss dark.

More so in terms of its design than anything else.

Eh... I wouldn't really say its dark. I would say its par for the course for sonic final bosses. Sonic final bosses are pretty monster-ey in general when it isn't eggman produced

Village

They usually don't up the game's rating though.
With the exception of shadow you are right, however I don't think you need to have your age rating upped to represent the darkness. Sometimes the fucked upness of a boss or anything really can be presented and not do that.

But you have a point.

With the exception of shadow you are right, however I don't think you need to have your age rating upped to represent the darkness. Sometimes the fucked upness of a boss or anything really can be presented and not do that.

But you have a point.
Yeah, "dark" probably wasn't the right term. It is super out of place though.

Top Bottom