• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Injun is super obvious, as a first nations person

Yeah I really should have realized it sooner but I was super ignorant at the time and had only ever heard it used in super old cartoons. So it didn't really click. Then again it took me like 20 years of life to realize 'gypped' was a derogatory... despite myself even having Romani ancestry.

Yeah I really should have realized it sooner but I was super ignorant at the time and had only ever heard it used in super old cartoons. So it didn't really click. Then again it took me like 20 years of life to realize 'gypped' was a derogatory... despite myself even having Romani ancestry.

Oh wow, I never actually knew how that was spelled.

Fortunately, I never say it anymore anyway.

Also, podcast is up:

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-175-destiny-wild-speed-galaxy/

Strimei

You aren't missing much. They get a bit starstruck by the guests (er... hosts?) and completely forget to do the actual podcast, essentially.

That's a pity.

Truth be told I've never really been big on guests in the podcast. I always feel like they're either a third (or I guess fifth) wheel or otherwise its someone I don't know/care about.

Ah well, skipping this week.

Menitta

I want Max back on the podcast.

I am really curious to hear Liam's impressions of stuff he played at PSX. Also I can't not listen to the podcast. It's habit at this point. FFS, I'm listening to it right now!

I don't even know who the guests are this week. But I think that guests are usually a mistake unless it's their close friends or people who understand their shtick. The only exception to this was Guy.

Strimei

I don't even know who the guests are this week. But I think that guests are usually a mistake unless it's their close friends or people who understand their shtick. The only exception to this was Guy.

Sheena is, I believe, one of the devs of Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion as well as VA and composer, and I think the other guy is too (I get some Shovel Knight stuff when I search for him).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think it says a lot about the podcast and guests that I just instinctively checked the thread to see if the podcast was shit this week before downloading it. Because these big convention podcasts with multiple guests are almost always bad.

So yep, skipping.

Man, I just got to the part of the FFXV stream where Pat yells at Paige to go offscreen to order pizza and rants about pizza, and boy, is that peak Pat.

I don't think it's so much the guests (who were fine) as the environment. Because they were guests where they were recording, they weren't really pushing an agenda/schedule, so it ended up feeling more like the SBF (minus Pat) were guests on someone else's podcast.

Sheena is, I believe, one of the devs of Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion as well as VA and composer, and I think the other guy is too (I get some Shovel Knight stuff when I search for him).
Jake Kaufman did all of the music for Mighty Switch Force and Shovel Knight. I think he's done a ton of remixes as well.

I actually really liked this weeks podcast :<

Yeah, this is actually a really good one. Probably the one of the best podcasts with guests, since they actually seem to be into it. Half the time the guests will say practically nothing, these two seemed to click really well with the group. And they were entertaining to. Nothing sub-par about it imo(they were even in a legit sound room). Very little news, but w/e, they still talked about a lot of shit and we got Liam's psx breakdown(poor disc jam man...).

Also the guy worked on The Impresario (probably my favorite song from the Balance and Ruin ff6 remix album) so that was cool.

JC Sera

wonder if pat will buy another 50 loot boxes with the new overwatch update
he wont he should have enough credits in the bank to buy every siingle xmas skin
9ffeb20913ae59e2b3e766837a5f5282.png

Edzi

I love Max.

You people just hate fun.

Kidding, in case it wasn't clear. About the hating fun, that is.

He can still make useful content when he wants to and I'm guilty of still watching some of his videos on occasion, but he pretty much represents everything I dislike about streamers. He seems like a nice guy though.

I love Max.

You people just hate fun.

Like I said, I'm fine with his stream when it's just Max by himself playing games, or with his wife hanging out. They're even okay playing co-op games together.

Add in the other three guys, though, and it turns into a huge, embarrassing shitshow.

Max's solo videos, from what I recall back when he started doing the Week Of new KI character videos, were typically decent. The only problem was his constant acknowledgement of donations which, look, I get it. That's the point of streaming and why people give money like that. But goddamn is it annoying for content for anyone who just wants to watch.

Don't personally care for his streams either. I tuned in for about 5 minutes when the guys were there last week, and at least 4 1/2 of those minutes were Max thanking people for subs and donation, often interrupting a convo to do so.

MrHoot

OMRKIMRON ?

..OMIRKOOON !

End of another season. EVERYTHING after this should feel like a boon to them. Can't wait for Detroit tho, hoping it's the same Cage quality we come to expect

OMRKIMRON ?

..OMIRKOOON !

End of another season. EVERYTHING after this should feel like a boon to them. Can't wait for Detroit tho, hoping it's the same Cage quality we come to expect

The saving grace for Detroit and the other post-Heavy Rain games is that they aren't even remotely trying to be, well, games, so that removes the risk of immense failure on that front.

Omikron really shows why David Cage's decision to remove the "game" from his games should have never been controversial in the slightest.

MrHoot

The saving grace for Detroit and the other post-Heavy Rain games is that they aren't even remotely trying to be, well, games, so that removes the risk of immense failure on that front.

Omikron really shows why David Cage's decision to remove the "game" from his games should have never been controversial in the slightest.

Pretty much. I expect Detroit to be the safest shit he's done (like not bad, just utterly mediocre). Although since he's touching themes of racism I still hope for something wildly inappropriate from him

And another ghost wife cucking scene but with robots

Pretty much. I expect Detroit to be the safest shit he's done (like not bad, just utterly mediocre). Although since he's touching themes of racism I still hope for something wildly inappropriate from him

And another ghost wife cucking scene but with robots

Oh yeah, for sure the content will still be bizarre and mildly to hilariously offensive.

It just, well, shouldn't actively fight attempts by human beings to play it.

Top Bottom