• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Menitta

I'm willing to bet actual
saltybet
dollars that the thing thats causing robots to become evil is a ghost or a curse in Detroit.

MrHoot

A ghost-curse placed by the mystical homeless of Detroit, perhaps. The homeless are well-known for their esoteric wisdom and quiet dignity.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there was SOME form of "Old wise black lady who can do form of voodoo/healing magic because that's what old black ladies can do"

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there was SOME form of "Old wise black lady who can do form of voodoo/healing magic because that's what old black ladies can do"

Aw crap. I just realized that by using Detroit as the setting Cage has basically excused himself to have basically as many homeless people and/or old black ladies in one place as humanly possible. (And raccoons, but I don't know if that aligns with his interests.)

Pretty much. I expect Detroit to be the safest shit he's done (like not bad, just utterly mediocre). Although since he's touching themes of racism I still hope for something wildly inappropriate from him

And another ghost wife cucking scene but with robots
No. With ghost robots.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Well of course there will be. Who else can help heal the robot's broken SOUL. Detroit might be my most excited game of 2017 just to see where it goes. Also I'm still a little hot from Westworld and I'm all for robot murder.

Strimei

I can't wait to see how the mentally ill are depicted in Detroit.

To be fair to Cage (ugh), from what I remember the place Jodie goes to where her mother is being kept was rather normal for a care-home for the mentally unwell.

I distinctly remember, at least, hearing that that was the next place the game was going and cringing, because my father was in just such a place and I hate when places are depicted like they were in Indigo Prophecy. And then when it came up in the game it wasn't what I feared.

I think. Honeestly BTS was rather bland outside of a few things so I may just have forgotten it.

To be fair to Cage (ugh), from what I remember the place Jodie goes to where her mother is being kept was rather normal for a care-home for the mentally unwell.

I distinctly remember, at least, hearing that that was the next place the game was going and cringing, because my father was in just such a place and I hate when places are depicted like they were in Indigo Prophecy. And then when it came up in the game it wasn't what I feared.

I think. Honeestly BTS was rather bland outside of a few things so I may just have forgotten it.

It's really more the depiction of someone with a mental illness rather than the conditions.

sjay1994

Pretty much. I expect Detroit to be the safest shit he's done (like not bad, just utterly mediocre). Although since he's touching themes of racism I still hope for something wildly inappropriate from him

And another ghost wife cucking scene but with robots

It really depends on whether or not he can control himself from including some inane supernatural nonsense.

The reason Heavy Rain makes no sense in parts is because it had inane supernatural nonsense and was cut out.

Strimei

God this Omikron is starting strong already.

edit: Woolie's talking about jet lag...was this from today? God it must be. That's some fast turn around.

Fat4all

Banned
ᶦᵐ ᵍᵒᶰᶰᵃ ᵏᶦᶫᶫ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵇᵒᵈʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵉᶰ ᵐʸˢᵉᶫᶠ

Sou Da

Spoilers: Omikron ends with Woolie killing Pat, Mat attempts to escape outside and upon the machete touching his skull he wakes up to a nice lunch with his beloved.

Silent Hill 3 Guitar riff plays.

zeemumu

According to their twitters they defeated Omikron, but according to the video, Omikron defeated Woolie before they defeated it.

MrHoot

Strong contender for the Detroit OT title

Man, the beginning of that Omikron was strong, but Matt losing it over
the Kubor grabbing the sword with its wrists
might've topped it.

FlowersisBritish

I thought this was an opening or ending, not a mantra. Tonight's episode starts off great.

OH MY GOD

I didn't even realize you could adjust text size on this site!

Fat4all

Banned
4VnJcYH.gif

Xux

Jeeze, they must be suicidal if they're using
The Room
footage.

Also, I like Matt's drunk and frustrated voice.

FlowersisBritish

Man I love Silent Hill 3, its so weird. Same with 4, but their cast is too downplayed. Hands down, that haunted mansion is one of my favorite moments ever in a video game.

So I hope they eventually go through SH 1, because I replay that game quite a bit and let me tell you ladies and gents, it has aged like wine

Top Bottom