• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

I love Pat and Paige's old-couple bickering.

I find it kind of weird that Pat doesn't like pizza (unless it has pineapple). What a weird little man.

I love Pat and Paige's old-couple bickering.

I find it kind of weird that Pat doesn't like pizza (unless it has pineapple). What a weird little man.

They really are a weird couple. I don't think I'll ever forget the passive-aggressive pettiness of his keypadded "lockbox of shame"

Pat is a petty idiot who made copy keys and put them inside a lockbox so whenever Paige loses hers, he can take one from the box, open the door and put it back again just so he can rub it on her face. He said it on the podcast and forgot it was being streamed.

Received the live fuck you on stream from Paige.

I come back from vacation and apparently pat's eating out of trashcans now. Wtf happened? Did he get fired?
Did paige leave him to fend for himself?

At least there's only an hour left of mokiron now though.

Strimei

I come back from vacation and apparently pat's eating out of trashcans now. Wtf happened? Did he get fired?
Did paige leave him to fend for himself?

At least there's only an hour left of mokiron now though.

Nah she just threw away a slice of pie or something of his and it was still perfectly good (so he says) so he got it out.

Its just another of his things, like the whole eating candy in a closet.

Nah, that's not 'a thing'. That's just gross.

giphy.gif

Ok I'm not entirely up to date on wah happeh but I did see this amazing art on Paige's Twitter:

Edit Paige is streaming RE7 atm

"I'm sorry for trusting and believing in you, YOU SHIT"

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Oh god, I fucking lost it at that queen lady in the new Omikron...

THe thing that had me in tears was Mat missing the jump, hitting the floor, surviving, and the elevator slowly descending to meet him. Also that ending. That was a strong ending.

So before we're blessed with Titanfall, take your bets. What ends first? Omnikron or Silent Hill? I'm betting
Silent Hill

MrHoot

THe thing that had me in tears was Mat missing the jump, hitting the floor, surviving, and the elevator slowly descending to meet him. Also that ending. That was a strong ending.

So before we're blessed with Titanfall, take your bets. What ends first? Omnikron or Silent Hill? I'm betting
Silent Hill

Silent Hill seems way closer, they're almost at the end. Omikron seems to have many more unholy tricks up its sleeves

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Silent Hill 3 will totally end first. Omikron has like, 2-4 parts left probably. Silent Hill 3 probably only had one part left, 2 tops.

zeemumu

Barring cutscenes and dialogue they are roughly 10 minutes from the end of Omikron.

It's all up to Pat to kill the final boss. Only he can end their nightmare.

Silent Hill seems way closer, they're almost at the end. Omikron seems to have many more unholy tricks up its sleeves

The main trump card Omikron has is that the guide on GameFAQs was written by David Cage himself (legend has it no one else has ever actually finished the game, though many question the veracity of that legend due to claims that David Cage never finished it, either), and it should come as no surprise that the guide was completely lying about how close to the end they are.

Fat4all

Banned
I get super nervous when matt runs anywhere on those pillars and bridges.

i'm living vicariously through the characters in OMIRKON

david cage is a geniousdavid cage is a geniousdavid cage is a geniousdavid cage is a genio000000000UUUUUUERRERRERRERREERRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr000010110111010110

MrHoot

I get super nervous when matt runs anywhere on those pillars and bridges.

i'm living vicariously through the characters in OMIRKON

david cage is a geniousdavid cage is a geniousdavid cage is a geniousdavid cage is a genio000000000UUUUUUERRERRERRERREERRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr000010110111010110

I am honestly appalled at how he keeps getting money really. He's lucky that the bar for writing is so fucking low in the video game industry that he can bullshit his way around. I can hope Detroit has enough layers of bullshit he might be out, but it only takes some okay performances and good graphics to woo people to think it's a good story

JackelZXA

MMXCM: I can't believe Woolie and Liam both looked away from the screen when
spider's hand
showed up in that cutscene at the end of chapter 8

FlowersisBritish

MMXCM: I can't believe Woolie and Liam both looked away from the screen when
spider's hand
showed up in that cutscene at the end of chapter 8

Wait, does it? Omg that's amazing. I honestly missed the spot where he "died" but I got a big laugh when one goes "Better tell Spide--Oh..." *plays sad music.

Omikron might be one of the greatest schadenfreude LPs ever done. Only one in it's class is Pokecapn's Sonic '06 and that had the additional wrinkle of their crew slowly losing it due to sleep deprivation. This is purely the game and the game alone destroying their souls.

zeemumu

Omikron might be one of the greatest schadenfreude LPs ever done. Only one in it's class is Pokecapn's Sonic '06 and that had the additional wrinkle of their crew slowly losing it due to sleep deprivation. This is purely the game and the game alone destroying their souls.

I remember Arin slipping into madness during the Sonic '06 Game Grumps LP.

Strimei

I look forward to when we reach parts of the Sonic LP (or next week on podcast I guess) when Matt finds out that spag really is derogatory.

For Italians, for the record.

FlowersisBritish

I look forward to when we reach parts of the Sonic LP (or next week on podcast I guess) when Matt finds out that spag really is derogatory.

For Italians, for the record.

Wait, seriously? Does that mean a sonic game named a bunch of fake Italians a derogatory term? That's kind of ridiculous to think no one caught that when making the game.

Strimei

Wait, seriously? Does that mean a sonic game named a bunch of fake Italians a derogatory term? That's kind of ridiculous to think no one caught that when making the game.

I imagine they didn't really think about it or do research.

Its apparently derived from spaghetti.

There are a lot of old timey slang that people don't know about. I used to belong to an official cartoon message board and the channel's S&P lawyers went nuts about how cursing could offend someone and cause problems, so we had a filter. It didn't just filter the usual ones though, they had someone do some serious research.

And because of that, us posters learned some new (well, old) terms because we were like "why the hell can't I say slope?"
Derogatory slang for people from Vietnam, apparently

There are a lot of old timey slang that people don't know about. I used to belong to an official cartoon message board and the channel's S&P lawyers went nuts about how cursing could offend someone and cause problems, so we had a filter. It didn't just filter the usual ones though, they had someone do some serious research.

And because of that, us posters learned some new (well, old) terms because we were like "why the hell can't I say slope?"

You heard it a lot in vietnam war movies

That's fair though I never really watched any (maybe one or two classics when I was a kid, but I don't remember much).

There were other ones too, though I can't remember them now. Some stuff that hadn't been used since like, the 40s.

There's one more I can remember but I don't want to say it

I got a bit sad when they said Chef Boyardee is hobo food, because I have a soft spot for it, since it's the only way to get beef ravioli affordably at a wide variety of places. For whatever reason, grocery stores love putting nothing but cheese variations on ravioli and tortellini in the frozen foods sections, which is the fucking worst.

The situation is so bad that I recently bought a new bag of this shitty ravioli that's mostly filled with cheese, just because it has some baby shrimp in it. At least I have ground beef and chorizo to mix together and pour on it to maximize the meat content.

Omikron is a nuclear dumpster inferno for
having the protagonist kill himself to hijack the body of that breeder dude

Like that is gross and unfucking acceptable for video games

This is the moolie situation all over again.

Xux

Aw, fuck, a stream? Now I might have to actually play FFXV before I watch this. I'm still behind on MGSV and shit, too.

FlowersisBritish

Aw, fuck, a stream? Now I might have to actually play FFXV before I watch this. I'm still behind on MGSV and shit, too.

I've almost given up on MGS5. I'm at one of the hard missions and am basically hands in the air "Fuck this shit!" and just play more Titanfall 2.

Top Bottom