• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Archgan

Anyone know why Woolie is apparently a "blow-up doll idiot"? Matt and Pat made a joke about it in the most recent Silent Hill episode and I think they mentioned it before, too.

I feel like a Pat because I get no enjoyment out of Sonic music. Like yeah, it's music, but not anything I'd ever listen to outside of playing the game.

MrHoot

God, forgot how absolutely unbearable Maximilian stream can be. Nothing worse during a last guardian stream to have obnoxious alerts and him going "THANKS DOOD" every 20 seconds.

Strimei

God, forgot how absolutely unbearable Maximilian stream can be. Nothing worse during a last guardian stream to have obnoxious alerts and him going "THANKS DOOD" every 20 seconds.

That's one of the reasons why I like the guys' stream, they're good about it not being intrusive. There were a few moments of it maybe happening (I seem to remember Woolie wanting to use some stuff from Darkest Dungeon) but it seems to have been squashed.

I fucking hate that whole "dance for me, monkey" aspect to streaming.

joe2187

Banned

I used to subscribe to Max's channels.

Now he's basically just noise and screaming.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Woolie proves to be the rightest best friend 25% of the time. Westworld was a pretty great watch, looking forward to that spoilercast if it ever happens.

He wouldn't LP Yakuza 5 so people would buy it. Considering that we're getting 0, Kiwami, 6 and that Yakuza 5 was on PS+ I really think Yakuza 5 is a good choice now.

probably doesn't help that the game is 40-50 hours long either. it's a massive step up from every other yakuza game length, nearly double the length of 4

I didn't focus too much on side content and took my time, I ended up with 60 hours after finishing the game and a ridiculous amount of side stuff to do after that.

9b17b434f6.jpg

Fat4all

Banned
Yakuza 5 would be a perfect playthrough to have when other smallers playthroughs are happening.

I hope to see it early next year.

JC Sera

the yakuza 4LP is one of my all time favourites and I'm so sad I cant quote yakuza bs with friends cause no one understands

so many miss opportunities for revelations jokes

Menitta

probably doesn't help that the game is 40-50 hours long either. it's a massive step up from every other yakuza game length, nearly double the length of 4

I didn't focus too much on side content and took my time, I ended up with 60 hours after finishing the game and a ridiculous amount of side stuff to do after that.

9b17b434f6.jpg

Huh. Dead Souls is only 14 hours...

9b17b434f6.jpg

You're not really playing the game if you don't beat the character's entire side storyline. Though I lost the will to live on Haruka's, it was so damn boring doing the same basic rhythm game again to grind you way to the top. But Kiryu's taxi driving, Saejima's hunting and Shinada's baseball was pretty darn fun.

I didn't even realise Yakuza 5 was that long, maybe it would be better to LP 0 after all. Build the hype so people then buy (hopefully) 0 and Kiwami.

What did you people do...

Typical west coast.

Edit: I kid.

I mean, you may be kidding, but you shouldn't be.

The one problem the West Coast will cop to is that our venues really fucking suck. There's a reason everyone goes to Vegas for conventions. We got these tiny-ass convention centers for some reason.

Strimei

Looks like Pat's thinking of getting in on the streaming thing, he just tweeted how he had fun sitting in on Paige's and went "hmm".

Disgraced

That was amazing. We were kind of nervous as a lot of others surely were but it went well, I think. The guys are very charming in person—even briefly. Met some nice folks in line too.

m1fOJ5Z.jpg
rmOsLop.jpg

7Wycndi.jpg

Omikron is getting to be like that episode of M*A*S*H* when they had to follow the instructions to disarm the unexploded shell in the camp but followed them too closely to their detriment

8b02eba33e635699ed1bf53b31beebd9.jpg

Lt. Col. Henry Blake: [reading a set of instructions] And carefully cut the wires leading to the clockwork fuse at the head.
[Trapper cuts the wires]
Lt. Col. Henry Blake: But first, remove the fuse.

Menitta

I'd like to watch Mash. My "show that's older than me" of choice is Seinfeld though. That show ended a year after I was born, yet I've watched SOOOO MUCH.

Strimei

You both have terrible memories.

Entirely possible.

Also this is the first time I've watched a stream of Max's and yeah those popup stuff and acknowledging every single one of them is just annoying as all hell. Also doesn't help having that many people in the room, its pretty damn overwhelming already.

Top Bottom