• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

kadotsu

Banned
Do you guys think SBF have managed to lower their profile enough to reintroduce mailbag videos? I wish they would come back. It almost makes me want to unsubscribe from bunnyhop.

Strimei

Do you guys think SBF have managed to lower their profile enough to reintroduce mailbag videos? I wish they would come back. It almost makes me want to unsubscribe from bunnyhop.

The fanbase is just as, if not more, crazy as it was then so I think they'd get a deluge again.

Xux

Oh jeeze, I didn't know you couldn't die during the Let It Die hater tutorial.

Damn, I'm really liking Let It Die; it's a shame they make it seem so confusing.

Edzi

The fanbase is just as, if not more, crazy as it was then so I think they'd get a deluge again.

As the content quality drops, the fanbase tends to get worse. It's what happens when you start dumbing down stuff to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

zeemumu

Probably not, but even then I don't think that was their only issue with it. The quality, quantity, and questionable legality caused a lot of issues. I think they were expecting letters and maybe a few artbooks/games to play for the channel, not several Gurren Lagann box sets, multiple weapons, and a bag of live ladybugs.

Strimei

As the content quality drops, the fanbase tends to get worse. It's what happens when you start dumbing down stuff to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Yeah but I meant more like how loving the fanbase is. I mean shit, you remember what they sent last time.

Unrelated but good lord I love Plague explaining Dragon Ball Super. I need to watch his fusion videos.

Edzi

Yeah but I meant more like how loving the fanbase is. I mean shit, you remember what they sent last time.

Unrelated but good lord I love Plague explaining Dragon Ball Super. I need to watch his fusion videos.

I dunno if I'd describe the mailbag mess as an example of "loving" fans lol

Strimei

I dunno if I'd describe the mailbag mess as an example of "loving" fans lol

Hah well any fanbase that includes enough whackjobs to buy what, 3 premium gurren lagann box sets? And sends copious amounts of weaponry? I'd say is loving. And insane.

Also apparently a secret stream going on right now of Woolie playing Let It Die since the whole "Woolie did bad at the game" thing.

edit; Well its not going on right now but maybe soon?

Strimei

That bag of ladybugs was something else.

Those things reek badly when they die.

They do? How does it compare to stinkbugs?

I had a horrible invasion of stinkbugs last year and the year before, and while I never found them to be outright bad (they smell like kinda strong oregano), it does get a bit powerful (particularly if you're trying to capture them without squishing).

The overall smell is a mixture of nutlike, green bell pepper, potato, and moldy odors. At the concentrations present in ladybug emissions, the mixture is "really stinky," Cai said.
Article

Some people might also find the smell to be earthy, like you lifted a rock on a spring day and sniffed the dirt. Depends on your particular smell sense. Most often though, it's really irritating. I haven't had the full experience with stinkbugs to compare the two.

Matsukaze

Boy, you guys have really made me wary about this Let It Die video. I guess at some point my soul is going to try to escape my body while watching it?

Dio

Banned
Oh man, the let it die video is so terrible.

This. I almost yelled at my screen watching it with how blind they were to the giant fucking number that went up and down when you used rage moves, the fact that Woolie never pressed L2 to use a gun with a reticle RE4 style so he just shot it without aiming it, and various other mishaps.

JC Sera

The SBFP discord is pretty cool
and I found a familiar face
744fc661cdc6ff5be004025185b840b8.png

kadotsu

Banned
In two weeks Pat will just stream FFXIV grinding while Woolie gets permanently stuck in a hidden object game. Also Capcom will after 12 years patch Command Mission to include a New Game+ option so the tentpole LP can continue.

zeemumu

I finally made it to the Jo-Jo episode where
Josuke punches the suspicious spaghetti
that they talked about on the podcast years ago.

Strimei

I'm think yes especially if liam has a Japanese psn account

Comes out on NA PSN tomorrow though doesn't it? Either way, though, yeah, I figured it would be.

It looks amazing. I'm so thankful for the guys getting me into Nier, I never gave it the time of day before.

Village

Boy, you guys have really made me wary about this Let It Die video. I guess at some point my soul is going to try to escape my body while watching it?

Woolie just sucks the fun out of that video.

Like he says he's not upset lili bergamo doesn't exist, but it really feels like it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Honestly, I think it's mostly because that's not the kind of weird Woolie seems to like. He seemed a little put off by a lot of aspects of it. Matt might have been a better choice to bring in.

God the Let it Die video is terrible. Shut up about Lily Bergamo! It was nothing but a CGI trailer! This is like the people who get mad at #FE because its not what they made up in their minds it was going to be.

convo

The Nier demo is great alright, if the best friends fail to get to the demo they are as big a disappointment to everyone as they advertised themselves. Featuring what if Platinum made
a mecha
game too? Play the demo when it hits your region on the 22nd.

Top Bottom