• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Nah, Command Mission is legit.

I may be biased though.

Command Mission is great. But then I started watching SBF with Chrono Trigger and actually enjoyed it so maybe I'm just weird like that. I even enjoyed Pokemon until they just gave up even trying. And of course SUaJ:G:C1otHBS was great.

Command Mission is great. But then I started watching SBF with Chrono Trigger and actually enjoyed it so maybe I'm just weird like that. I even enjoyed Pokemon until they just gave up even trying. And of course SUaJ:G:C1otHBS was great.

I was mostly talking about the game itself. They're doing what they can with the LP though. The pacing isn't the best for their purposes, so there's a ton of down time they have to fill with podcasting.

Yes to Paige reading Half Life: Full Life Consequences

tumblr_ljjrgqd0HB1qd1sxg.gif

tumblr_ljjrdi88jH1qd1sxg.gif

Moonlight

Banned
I mean, I really liked FFX on the whole for example. I can deal with long JRPGs where nothing happens. The commentary is just really unfocused and low energy on the whole, and the periods they really aren't enjoying themselves are really painful. FFX had a lot of problems by comparison and Matt often got a lot of stuff wrong, but at least it always felt more or less engaged with the material. Command Mission is a vaguely Megaman themed podcast. Sometimes they talk about it but it's really just a springboard to talk about way more interesting Megaman games they could have played instead. It's not what I care to watch, at least if it's not deliberately part of a sandbagging joke.

And Barkley is one of the best LPs on the channel but let's not suggest that it's a similar type of game to CT or Mario RPG or all the other JRPGs they've played. It's way more crisply paced and you don't exactly run out of things to riff off of.

I wouldn't even mind all that, really, if the LP looked like it was going to end in the next century. Command Mission is a game has basically nothing memorable going for it, and yet also seems to go on forever. It's just a bummer.

I wouldn't even mind all that, really, if the LP looked like it was going to end in the next century. Command Mission is a game has basically nothing memorable going for it, and yet also seems to go on forever. It's just a bummer.

They didn't know what they were getting into when they started, and they refuse to leave LPs unfinished.

I personally don't mind however, given that it's one of the rare instances in which I've played a game and they haven't, so I'm at least having a bit of fun with seeing their reactions to stuff and noticing things I didn't when I played.

Strimei

Well Pat suggested it to her, hopefully she does eventually

Ah ok. She'd do a good job, I think. I mentioned before how good a job she does with the Sonic one and not tripping up, so she'd do it well.

I wonder if she'd accept links to bad fanfics, there are some doozies I used to read that could be fun for her.

Nothing nearly as long as the Sonic one though.

I wonder if she'd accept links to bad fanfics, there are some doozies I used to read that could be fun for her.
In the last stream, she said to send her links via Twitter.

I sent her this link to a fucked up How the Grinch Stole Christmas fic that was rated PG-13... in the Erotica section of a fanfic site and involved some Sonic High School level shit.

@MUWANdo

Banned
It is a magical combination of unwarranted smugness ("You have all the information!", "Are you actually gonna wait and listen this time?")

I don't think he intends for that to come off as smugness, I think he gets very defensive whenever anyone asks to read the guide because he thinks they're trying to blow him up for reading it wrong, even when they're not.

A-V-B

Goddamn! That ending to Reboot. What a kick in the nuts. Imagine the one kid who actually beat the game legit and he got that.

Omikron turned children into husks.

Reboot turned children into monsters.

Strimei

In the last stream, she said to send her links via Twitter.

I sent her this link to a fucked up How the Grinch Stole Christmas fic that was rated PG-13... in the Erotica section of a fanfic site and involved some Sonic High School level shit.

Ah good, will send her a few then.

I'll try to avoid the ones with graphic sex but there's one I remember involving how Dry Bones in the Mario world are made and its...dark, as memory serves.

And then there's the Goku x Anne Frank one.

Strimei

I kinda zoned out on ReBoot like usual and just made it background noise, but boy am I glad I took the time to look at that final description

ButWhyNotepad_512_ch9.png

Hah. From what I recall, the author was a "fan" of Anne Frank (which strikes me as odd itself) and wanted a happier ending for her so Goku saves her.

Its actually sweet in a real wtf sort of way. Also there's no sex or anything, thankfully.

Hah. From what I recall, the author was a "fan" of Anne Frank (which strikes me as odd itself) and wanted a happier ending for her so Goku saves her.

Its actually sweet in a real wtf sort of way. Also there's no sex or anything, thankfully.

The Goku x Anne Frank fic was just a troll. Hitler quoting Street Fighter: The Movie M. Bison gave it away.

Moments of Pat squeeing over Simon Templeman and Michael Bell's performances, separated by hours of getting lost and failing puzzles.

There would also be Pat talking about how Soul Reaver is cribbing Vampire: The Masquerade and getting everything super wrong because he only knows Vampire from Bloodlines and sort of half-remembers that.

In other words, I heartily approve. (Though that's actually an LP I'd sort of like to have Matt for, because Matt would be super hype for dumb vampire monster dudes...)

hughesta

Banned
Yeah just looking at the convo on the last page, there's no way they'd do an LP of P5. Probably a Machinima video, if I had to guess.

A-V-B

Catherine is a lot more active though (in terms of controls I mean, P5 is a turn based RPG after all). And far, far, FAR shorter.

Yeah, P5 is like 140 hours long. If we assume each episode is around 30 minutes that's a 280 part series! That'd be fucking ridiculous.

Fancolors

The only way a P5 LP would work would be cutting all the normal battles, and even then I still think it would be LP poison.

I could imagine it working if you put it in a different format like long stream sessions.

Sou Da

I wanna watch this but I don't want to break the illusion that they're actually good at Titanfall 2.

Someone watch and tell if me they are

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I wanna watch this but I don't want to break the illusion that they're actually good at Titanfall 2.

Someone watch and tell if me they are

Best friends? Goooood? hahahahahaha

They do pretty all right. Pat's a little awkward since he's using a controller instead of his usual mouse set up, he shakes that off pretty quick. From the first episode I learned three new techniques I didn't know before, so there's that.

Sou Da

Best friends? Goooood? hahahahahaha

They do pretty all right. Pat's a little awkward since he's using a controller instead of his usual mouse set up, he shakes that off pretty quick. From the first episode I learned three new techniques I didn't know before, so there's that.

Thanks.

Strimei

This fanfic Paige is reading is going places. Horrible, horrible places.

edit: Pat said maybe minecraft episode 3 sooner rather than later.

There would also be Pat talking about how Soul Reaver is cribbing Vampire: The Masquerade and getting everything super wrong because he only knows Vampire from Bloodlines and sort of half-remembers that.

In other words, I heartily approve. (Though that's actually an LP I'd sort of like to have Matt for, because Matt would be super hype for dumb vampire monster dudes...)

I don't remember Pat ever talking much about VtM. In fact I don't think he even has played through Bloodlines. I recall him stating it was too buggy when he tried, and he said the fan patch required too much of an investment (which it really doesn't).

Actually, I'd love Matt & Pat doing a full playthrough of VtMB!

Me too. I say every October they need to end the shitstorm with the start of a Bloodliens LP.

Menitta

Research time!

How many of you are bothered by the fact that they're using a controller for Titanfall 2? I just saw a really heated argument about this.

Research time!

How many of you are bothered by the fact that they're using a controller for Titanfall 2? I just saw a really heated argument about this.

I haven't had a chance to watch episode 1 yet, but it sounds like Pat got into a groove during part 1.

I thought with the office we'd get more keyboard LPs, apparently this isn't true. Its EXTRA weird we're not getting one for Titanfall 2, but if they don't fuck up too hard I'm game for whatever

@MUWANdo

Banned
I haven't had a chance to watch episode 1 yet, but it sounds like Pat got into a groove during part 1.

I thought with the office we'd get more keyboard LPs, apparently this isn't true. Its EXTRA weird we're not getting one for Titanfall 2, but if they don't fuck up too hard I'm game for whatever

It sounds like they filmed it in Woolie's apartment.

I don't remember Pat ever talking much about VtM. In fact I don't think he even has played through Bloodlines. I recall him stating it was too buggy when he tried, and he said the fan patch required too much of an investment (which it really doesn't).

If Pat hasn't played Bloodlines, then I instead hope that in the middle of the Soul Reaver playthrough it somehow comes out that Woolie was a Vampire LARPer and he inserts himself into the LP to talk about dumb Malkavian stuff.

But sure, I'll also settle for Matt and Pat Play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Research time!

I feel sorry for anyone that would ever be legitimately bothered by something as innocuous as using a controller in a single-player game.

I don't think I belong on the internet.

Research time!

I would really love to see Pat's "actual skill," but to be honest I don't care as long as the gameplay isn't impossible to watch.

Love this thing so far. I was really looking forward to it.

Sou Da

Research time!

I'm annoyed most times they do it. But only if they bring it up in the video.

Also that intro art looks fantastic. Great designs for both.

Patron should be Pat-Tron or Pattron though.

Menitta

I feel sorry for anyone that would ever be legitimately bothered by something as innocuous as using a controller in a single-player game.

I don't think I belong on the internet.

There was a dude on the discord yesterday saying SBFP shot themselves in the foot (yes that phrase was used) for using a controller. He was really mad.

Top Bottom