• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Anung

Un Rama
I hope Liam does something with the Gravity Rush 2 demo. Getting some eyeballs on that would be real nice. Really hope that game does well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That doesn't sound good for the group as a whole.

Can Pat and Woolie hold the fort alone until Matt comes back?

ShadyK54

I've always lurked here in this thread & never posted, but I can't help but feel sad about Liam leaving. Always appreciated his views & opinions even if I didn't agree with them. Hope he gets better!

I am sad to see Liam go. He was my favorite part of the podcast and I enjoyed all the play throughs he was a part of, but can't blame him if it was taking a toll on his mental health. Hope he gets better.

lome88

I'm glad he's getting help. It really bums me out to see this channel effectively disintegrating though.

The channel as we know it will definitely be changing, but I don't think it will be dissolving or going away as others have suggested on the reddit. They've dumped A TON of money into the channel is recent months, most of it on an office space. You don't make that kind of investment without some sort of long term plan and I like to give these guys the benefit of the doubt that they're smart enough to know when things are coming up. I'm sure Matt knew ahead of time that he'd be taking a break and while the Liam is a bit of a surprise, I'm sure they've had that discussion too. Maybe they have someone new in the wings to bring in, or maybe they're going to be changing formats a bit, but they've put in way too much to just let it go all at once.

If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Pat, Woolie and maybe a third take the reins for awhile while Matt is resting up and that's when we'll see what the scope of those changes are.

Jamie OD

100% support this decision. I cannot stress enough how important it is to take care of your mental health. Good to know that Liam himself was aware of his situation and is seeking out how to sort it out.

Matsukaze

FUCK

ME

SIDEWAYS

Goddamn it. I'm crushed to see Liam go. I wish he were just taking a break but I can't knock his reasons for parting ways. Mental health is no fucking joke and he needs to do everything in his power to find peace of mind. I really hope Liam gets the help he needs and that his life improves ASAP.

That doesn't sound good for the group as a whole.

Can Pat and Woolie hold the fort alone until Matt comes back?
*In Case of Emergency, Break Glass*

Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg

Oh fuck man. Shouts out to Liam hope he gets life straightened out.

Sucks that the channel is already basically on its deathbed now, they are easily my favorite group of people to watch on youtube and my favorite podcast. I love Pat and Woolie but a lot would have to change with the channel to adjust to it just being those two, though I feel they play off each other very well.

I totally understand why he's leaving, dosen't mean I won't miss the fuck out of him though.

The first LP I ever watched on the channel was Liam and Matt on Life is Strange. Weird to think it's almost been two years since. I'll go give it a rewatch, for old times sake.

Menitta

That's a huge bummer. I never wanted to say it but Liam was always my favorite of the group. Trying to think of my favorite Liam moment. There's too many.

Best of luck to him.

Ilvocare

nonononononononononononononononononono

All my wishes go out to Liam in the hopes he manages to recover. I know what it's like to have self-esteem and mentality problems, and that reddit post hit me hard. The most I can do is hope that his recovery kinda-sorta mirrors mine. Without all the sudden drops into nihilistic depression, and what not.

I AM seeing help, like at least 4+ people, so yeah...

Fancolors

Fuck, I knew it was only a matter of time until Liam or Woolie would leave, but goddamn I didn't expect it to happen now of all times. Especially after them getting a dedicated office.

Christ, I feel bad for Liam. This decision couldn't have been easy, especially with Matt taking his break like a week ago. I hope he gets better soon, although I would've never pegged him as the kind to have that stuff (although I know from experience that it's easy to hide that sort of thing).

I guess the podcast is going to be leaning on Plague a lot for the podcast in the interim, or maybe they'll have Paige show up and make it weird.

Edzi

Christ, I feel bad for Liam. This decision couldn't have been easy, especially with Matt taking his break like a week ago. I hope he gets better soon, although I would've never pegged him as the kind to have that stuff (although I know from experience that it's easy to hide that sort of thing).

I guess the podcast is going to be leaning on Plague a lot for the podcast in the interim, or maybe they'll have Paige show up and make it weird.

Anxiety is pretty common.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, I mean, it's like when you're watching a movie with some friends, and the movie is getting kinda boring and nobody's really enjoying it anymore. But nobody wants to be the first person to get up and leave. Nobody wants to be that guy. But then finally someone does get up, and everyone else realizes "Hey, it's okay to leave now".

And it's Matt, which is kinda like the person whose idea it was to watch the movie in the first place being the one to get up first.

SEE? SEE WHAT I MEANT?

Goddamnit, I legit hate being right in this case.

Matsukaze

I really hope that they just stick to the 3-man setup for the podcast and have various guests on from time to time as they've always done.

Oh fuck noooooooo

This is so sad, but I understand, Liam. I wish you the best and hope you can get better.

In the meantime, Two Best Snails Play has a ring to it

Top Bottom