• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

kewlmyc

We finally get a Blazblue Fisticuffs the day that Liam quits the channel.

WHY MUST EVERYTHING NICE BE ACCOMPANIED BY SOMETHING TRULY AWFUL. ;_;

Also makes sense why Liam didn't want to do the DR spoilercast last week.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Boy oh boy. What a day to wake up and come onto Neogaf. It's sad. Maybe the actual end of the channel...

I have 2 really morbid thoughts though. 1: What if Woolie and Pat actually rebranded it into the Chewey and Fuckface show? 2: This weeks podcast is going to be so fucking great! I really want it to just be Pat and Woolie in a room nervously chuckling to each other while Mother's Basement smacks his face against the windows going "Can I be the new Liam? Come on guys! Please! I like anime, I'm basically half way there!"

That fisticuffs video is the first Blazblue anything I've ever seen.

My god, I've seen every single one of those designs dozens of times over dozens of different anime.

Strimei

lol, this seems like a conveniently timed apology video since so many people wanted this for some reason. Kinda funny.

I don't think its tied to Liam's departure or Matt's vacation, though.

On Christmas Day 2015, they did an FNF with the original Blazblue that was actually a prank video of them watching the storyline and cutting away from any actual fighting. Didn't go over well with many people.

So for Christmas 2016 they give Blazblue its due.

Fancolors

That fisticuffs video is the first Blazblue anything I've ever seen.

My god, I've seen every single one of those designs dozens of times over dozens of different anime.

BlazBlue designs are essentially generic modern fantasy/sci-fi anime tropes.

It even has its own fanservice school life comedy spin-off!

dc30cfe42658f4aed0a1215c64e71ddf.jpg

kewlmyc

You don't understand, Blazblue and nice don't go together. That game should have stayed in the bushes.

A good number of the designs might be trash, but I think the gameplay is the best Arcsys has to offer. There's such a mass range of different playstyles in one game.

Boy oh boy. What a day to wake up and come onto Neogaf. It's sad. Maybe the actual end of the channel...

I have 2 really morbid thoughts though. 1: What if Woolie and Pat actually rebranded it into the Chewey and Fuckface show? 2: This weeks podcast is going to be so fucking great! I really want it to just be Pat and Woolie in a room nervously chuckling to each other while Mother's Basement smacks his face against the windows going "Can I be the new Liam? Come on guys! Please! I like anime, I'm basically half way there!"

I want this so bad.

Geoff Thew was one of the best guests.

BlackJet

One of my favorite playthroughs was when Matt and Liam did Undertale. Being able to experience the game with them as they played was a fun and amazing experience.

Liam brought so much to the channel and it's gonna be hard to see him go

Seesaw15

Super heartbroken. Liam's optimism and dry/sarcastic sense of humor worked great with everyone. I'll miss him but I could tell that everyone's energy had been low for a while.

If there's a silver lining I can finally make my way through the huge back log of unfinished LPs.

End of an era.

I was really looking forward to the inevitable Nier Automata and Barkley 2 LPs with Liam and Pat.

Honestly Liam brought something different to the channel which will really be missed.

SBFP has been my favorite Youtube/Podcast group for a few years now, so the recent events are sad to hear. I wish all the Super Best Friends and their fans the best of luck now and in the future.

joe2187

Banned
I'll miss Liam out of most of them, Liam was always pushing the Vita for summerslam and is a pretty vital part of the Vita community.

Liam means Vita and I'll always remember him for that/

Menitta

I used to post every now and then in the earlier 2BF threads. But then they got really weird for awhile and I got scared away.

You're not in the Discord are you? You should be scared away instantly by that.

I'll miss Liam out of most of them, Liam was always pushing the Vita for summerslam and is a pretty vital part of the Vita community.

Liam means Vita and I'll always remember him for that/

I bought a Vita because of Liam. Not a purchase I regret at all. If I see him at Magfest I'm gonna try to get him to sign it.

sjay1994

I've posted more than usual today in this thread...

But man, I feel gutted with Liam's departure. I met them all at con bravo, and what struck me the most was how personable Liam was to talk too. Just a really nice guy to talk to, and is someone I would genuinely like to have a conversation with.

I actually feel that out of the group, he was my favorite.

I feel like the LP change will alleviate this, but it feels bizarre knowing he is leaving.

Edzi

I've posted more than usual today in this thread...

But man, I feel gutted with Liam's departure. I met them all at con bravo, and what struck me the most was how personable Liam was to talk too. Just a really nice guy to talk to, and is someone I would genuinely like to have a conversation with.

I actually feel that out of the group, he was my favorite.

I feel like the LP change will alleviate this, but it feels bizarre knowing he is leaving.

I also had the pleasure of meeting him at PSX last year, and yes, dude is just the nicest guy.

Strimei

I wonder what Liam plans to do. I'm sure he'll keep us up to date, at least.

I was just gushing to a friend about Nier Automata and telling her about the original (since she'd never heard of it), and got me to thinking that I'm so thankful for Liam for bringing that game to be LP'd. And all the other things he's brought up over the years.

I used to post every now and then in the earlier 2BF threads. But then they got really weird for awhile and I got scared away.

Its okay, we were forced to stop being weird by the mods.

I hope this new influx of posters stick around a bit so we can all mourn the loss of Liam together in these troubling times.

Man, what the heck is going on? I don't always pay attention to social media so I just kind of fully realized that Matt is taking a break and Liam is leaving today. I know all good things must come to an end and I never really expect any of the youtubers I follow to necessarily retire on this, but things seem to be falling apart quickly.

Has youtube seriously changed their algorithms/payout? Seems both Matt and Liam mentioned serious stress as contribution factors. Seeing as they're now renting an office, and Vessel suddenly died as a source of income I wonder about to long term viability of the channel.

Has youtube seriously changed their algorithms/payout? Seems both Matt and Liam mentioned serious stress as contribution factors. Seeing as they're now renting an office, and Vessel suddenly died as a source of income I wonder about to long term viability of the channel.

Their deals are through Machinima and it sounded more like they get a regular salary than rely on views as much as an independent youtuber might, but that's just my personal read on it. Matt's stress I completely get, he's the bossman and probably has to head the operation's logistics as well as produce all that content he's in. Liam I can't really tell, dude has done an amazing job (for better or worse) of hiding that he was in such dire straits.

Zomba13

Liam was the best friend of best friends. No secret, he was top tier. He paired with everyone fantastically and knew his shit.

Also yeah, I used to check the threads until they got weird then I backed out and only check in if something happens and I need to see if it was real (like this).

Breads

Banned
I won't pretend to know anything about the business side of things but if money were an issue they could have split videos up into 10-15 minute chunks and/ or started a patreon to replace vessel.

Neol

Don't really watch there videos anymore but still listen to the podcast time to time.

Pretty sad bout Liam but if it is as serious as it sounds then good for him for recognizing the problem and taking action. Hoping for the best for you buddy.

Wonder how the channel will go with matt taking a break though. If there burned out on doing LP's I can see them cutting it down to 1 vid a day. Could possibly even stream more with all the positive reactions I see from Pat and Paige's stream.

Syder

As someone that kinda drifted from watching SBFP videos religiously (but still listens to the podcast) I'm sad Liam is leaving but really pleased he's choosing to tackle his issues. He could've coasted on doing videos but he's seeking help for his problems and that's a great thing.
Good luck to him.

Who knows, this may end up improving SBFP in the long term. Maybe they won't spam my feed so much and the podcast will be a bit shorter and more succinct. I feel like their best podcast episodes are when one of them is missing (and all of the guest episodes are usually bad) because there's too strong a possibility for two conversations to be going on at once.
wtzgU.gif

There's also a crazy amount of people posting in this thread that I've never seen here before. Where have you guys been? You should stay. Please stay.

I've watched every single one of their videos at least twice now, including podcasts and almost all of the streams. I just wanted to come here because I was insanely bummed out that Liam is leaving, and unfortunately the attitudes of some posters here are insanely negative if there's any issues or disagreements with how an LP or video goes down, technical or not. So I haven't been here for a while, since the last of us LP was running, maybe.

Liam was definitely my favourite, but I would rather he leave than spend another day not addressing any mental health issues he's suffering from. He deserves to be happy and healthy.

I've been speaking to a few people I know IRL who are worried about the state of the channel. What will really cement faith that they're truly okay will be how Matt's break helps him and what the team as a whole can take away from this, in terms of attitude towards work, planning a less stressful schedule and their ability to ensure that they're caring for themselves as well as each other. love these guys and will be checking their channels daily like usual, just a really fucking rough time at the moment.

Shame about Liam leaving, I wish him the best.
My friend said Matt is on hiatus too, is that true or is he just on holiday?

Matt is taking a break until (approx) late January, as he wishes to address some personal issues of his own. He should be back around the launch of RE7 according to Pat, but we'll have to wait and see how he feels. Wish the best for him too, if I wasn't in Australia I'd give him a big hug at the next convention he visits :( he's also someone who is just insanely kind and deserves to put himself first for his health.

Top Bottom