• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Long time lurker, long time SBFP fan (from as far back as Scrublords), and sadly long time sufferer of anxiety. I am wholely happy with Liam's decision for that reason, media exposure on any level is something he really doesn't need, and I respect the fact he did it with ease rather than sporadically try and get help whilst still working. As for Matt, much the same, taking the adult approach in informing everyone without being too personal, and removing himself from his job until he is well enough within himself.

In the meantime, Chewie and fuckface are here to save/ruin our lives in a way David Cages wishes he could.

I know speculation isn't really going to help anybody but lets say that it comes to past and the channel ends, do you think that the friendcast could still contiue? I think Woolie mentioned on the podcast that its the most popular thing they do.
While the possibility of lossing the channel is dire, for me personally, the prospect of lossing the friendcast is far worse.

I know speculation isn't really going to help anybody but lets say that it comes to past and the channel ends, do you think that the friendcast could still contiue? I think Woolie mentioned on the podcast that its the most popular thing they do.
While the possibility of lossing the channel is dire, for me personally, the prospect of lossing the friendcast is far worse.

I hope it does.

Not that I wish anything bad on the channel at all, but I really enjoy the podcast more than anything and it helps me get through work. Even if they have to be a bit shorter and frequent with guests, I really hope it continues.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Damn. Ive watched the best Friends ever since there second video (donkey kong country returns) and have really grown up with them through my mid teens to 20's and there really the only lets players I watch

Woolie and liam were such great additions, it's sad to see one leave but health is more important, same for matts health.

Stay strong zaibatsu

Now for the era of Woolie and Pat.

(I hope we dont get too many guests on the podcast. i really dont like plague, he's way too negative for my tastes)

Arminsc

Being the only channel I have followed through the last years it sucks to see Liam go, but I support his decision as that kind of anxiety can be very bad for you, so he needs to keep it in check.

Stay strong guys!

Nazo

Just found out about Liam leaving. I'm full on depressed right now. This is the last thing wanted to hear today.

That being said, as someone who also suffers with pretty bad anxiety I hope gets the help he needs and I'm definitely going to support him in any future creative projects he has planned.

Best of luck Liam.

hughesta

Banned
I'm bummed as hell about Liam leaving but I hope Pat/Woolie fully embrace this sad arc and play into a little. Could at least make it a little more fun instead of just saddening :( hoping for a great Chewie & Fuckface podcast on Monday!

I'm bummed as hell about Liam leaving but I hope Pat/Woolie fully embrace this sad arc and play into a little. Could at least make it a little more fun instead of just saddening :( hoping for a great Chewie & Fuckface podcast on Monday!

If the podcast isn't renamed Chewie and Fuckface then I'm unsubbing
from superbunnyhop

Breads

Banned
You underestimate Pat's insanity.

That and it's well within reason to buy a second setup/ second connection if this is a valid revenue stream.

I say it's too early to speculate though. They have a plan. At 600k subscribers and being an in to a lot of cool shit I don't think the channel is going to die.

Stormthehouse

Neo Member
I hope Liam is able to get the help he needs, while it's a bit painful for him to leave the channel it would've been far worse if he had continued and fallen apart.
All the good wishes to him!

Edzi

Some of you guys are acting like he just got diagnosed with Cancer, geez. Anxiety is common, he got burnt out. Calm down.

Shmuppers

I've been watching this yt channel for years, I still remember that Kirby video they shot with like a webcam lol. Current on podcasts as well. These guys have been a huge part of my life (as sad as that is)

Imma miss Liam. I remember when he was a "rising star" and would just come in to LP the games Matt and Pat were too bad to play lol. If he reads this thread I hope he's okay and that he can get himself the care he needs. Thanks for a lot of laughs and memories.

I'll still be here supporting this channel until Pat and Woolie decide to shut it down.

Some of you guys are acting like he just got diagnosed with Cancer, geez. Anxiety is common, he got burnt out. Calm down.

Actually anxiety disorders and mental illness in general don't get enough play in modern society even with all the research done on it. A lot of people want to just brush it off. If it was serious enough to quit the channel to immediately focus on therapy, then it was pretty fucking bad. Sure, it wasn't cancer, but anxiety's still a pretty bad thing.

AJ_Wings

Fucking Omikron... David Cage knows no mercy, even to poor Liam!

But seriously, I wish everyone in the crew the best and I hope they take care of themselves properly first and foremost and then sort it out how they'll tackle the channel in the future. Wouldn't mind if the crew took a break together with the occasional stream here & there. There is already a hell of a lot of content to watch & rewatch!

Liam, I wish you and your Vita all the best in your future endeavors! Take care of yourself buddy. :)

MrHoot

Mer Crimbus you Koopy sandwiches. Times might've been sad, but let's get excited for what our remaining shitlords might bring ! Ater all, neither Matt and Liam are "gone", they're still hovering looking to protect us from the evil of Cage.

DVCY201

Been watching these guys for a long time now. And wow, certainly feels like a turning point. There's going to be some large changes going forward, and I fully expect each member to branch out into individual content, but still tied under the brand name

Last time I came into this thread, I think everyone was arguing over P4 girls, which got weird...fast

Menitta

Been watching these guys for a long time now. And wow, certainly feels like a turning point. There's going to be some large changes going forward, and I fully expect each member to branch out into individual content, but still tied under the brand name

Last time I came into this thread, I think everyone was arguing over P4 girls, which got weird...fast

Chie.

P5 can't come soon enough

Strimei

I definitely hope the podcast continues at the least. I'd rather not lose anything of course, though. I have it ingrained in me now, 3 pm and 9 pm roll around and my first thought is "what video is up now?"

But yeah if the worst comes to pass I hope they would continue the podcast at least. I enjoy listening to them too much.

Top Bottom