• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Strimei

zCyH07q.gif

Its for the best, I realize, but damn if it doesn't feel like a knife in the gut. I wish him the best.

Liam always felt like a good balance-r for the group, and will be dearly missed. Podcast is going to be weird for sure though without him. Damn it.

On the flipside, I'm glad Matt explained the format change thing so I'm no longer worried. Honestly it did feel like having so many LPs running at once was a bit much anyway, so I'm totally fine with like two full LPs and a bunch fo one-offs.

That Kellogg's Booberry line from the Shadow of Mordor one-shot is still probably the hardest I've laughed at one of SBFP's videos.

That and the whole "You haven't seen DEATH NOTE?!" bit from some podcasts back left me in damn tears.

edit:

Savagery at its finest. God its going to be so weird tuning into next weeks podcast.
Goodbye Liam you magnificent bastard!
Also if we're doing our favorite moments of liam, this would be mine,
https://youtu.be/1U0PbbyqTvg

Yeah this one.

Edzi

Liam leaving hits kind of close to home, since I've been in a similar spot for a few years now with work/anxiety. Maybe this'll be a push in the right direction for a lot of people, including myself.

Also, as an aside, I kind of feel like now might be a good time for the other guys to seriously consider bowing out. They're all over 30 now, the channel honestly doesn't seem to be growing much more, there's been a serious dip in quality that many have noticed (and which may be due to waning interest from the guys themselves), and I think they've all got other things they want to pursue (which they can probably get started with more easily with the support of the fans they've already amassed). We all know the channel won't last them forever, so now just seems like a good time to move on for everyone.

MrHoot

Man I feel very bad for Liam. I hope he does well. I also am being treated for anxiety and depression so I know all too well how debilitating it can be. I won't lie this also makes me sad, he was my favourite and not having his quick wit and zingers on the channel is really really gonna sour me :( Woolie and Pat are great fun but the zaibatsu had evolved that great variety with the times and this seems like a massive blow

Man, both him and Matt a few days apart is really making me a sad hoot :( Poor bossman and limabean

sjay1994

Man, loosing Liam fucking sucks. He honestly felt like the balancing point of the group.

And whenever he had moments, the were so good. Like when Woolie is talking about "black stands of MLK Jr" and Liam just shouts "WATASHI NO BRAKU GIFTO" I fucking lost it.

Good luck on what's next Liam. I'm going to miss you

My favourite Liam moment is in Podcast 36:

Pat: I'm not a Psychiatrist.
Liam: Tell me how that makes you feel.

Also best Liam video: https://youtu.be/mn8IwtryHcc

And this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPeNpkV08wk

1. Holy hell that sick burn
2. Thanks for posting those, I came a bit late so I've never seen those. Actually I think this might be a good time to go back and watch all the stuff I've missed
3. What the hell I've never seen Kraft-branded peanut butter

Not gonna lie, I don't watch the LP's so much anymore but I've mostly transitioned over to the podcast and I have to wonder what's going to come of that, especially within the next few weeks. With Matt on break and Liam gone, I can't even see the point of Pat and Woolie doing a podcast with just themselves.

Strimei

Not gonna lie, I don't watch the LP's so much anymore but I've mostly transitioned over to the podcast and I have to wonder what's going to come of that, especially within the next few weeks. With Matt on break and Liam gone, I can't even see the point of Pat and Woolie doing a podcast with just themselves.

Bring in Plague, perhaps. While I'm not huge on guests I'm always happy to hear Plague.

His voice is soothing.

Matts comin back in January
soooo.....

Strimei

He kinda made big deal of him having a break. Surely it'd be for longer than 2-3 weeks.

Pat said that he's returning for RE7, and that releases January 24th, so give it a day or two for some recording, yeah he'd be back at the very end of the month or start of February.

Anung

Un Rama
That's cool. Wouldn't be a Resi LP without Matt. Still not nuts on double blind LP's tho. That's not what makes Resi LP's the best.

Edzi

That's cool. Wouldn't be a Resi LP without Matt. Still not nuts on double blind LP's tho. That's not what makes Resi LP's the best.

Couldn't agree more. There's still a tiny chance that they'll let Matt have some more time off and wait to start the RE7 LP until after Pat plays it first.

Honestly, they've been running a man down more often than not for the last few months. If they just pull Plague or StarExorcist or one of their other "snug-fit" guests I'd barely noticed.

Not to mention they can practically just call next week a "bye" week due to holidays.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Holy fuck I just realized how potentially weirdly emotional the finale of the Unleashed LP may be (Sonic Unleashed credits play an oddly emotional song called 'Friends', it's about Chip and all, but still...).

I'm sad to see Liam go, like really sad. But I do understand and he should take care of himself.

I have seen channels die for less, but I think it'll pull through, but big changes obviously.

I guess we can look forward to the Pat & Woolie Show for the time being. Funny enough not even a month ago I was thinking Pat and Woolie don't do too many videos together. Guess that's about to change.

Fuck 2016. Liam leaving is for the best but it's going to be hard to adjust since he would often balance out arguements and give a difference of opinion from the others. Not to mention his sick burns.

I wish him the best of luck.

If this is the course the channel is going, I just hope the podcast will live on. I've listened to it each week since it started and it's become engraved in my weekly life. Having that end would kill me.

ArjanN

Also, as an aside, I kind of feel like now might be a good time for the other guys to seriously consider bowing out. They're all over 30 now, the channel honestly doesn't seem to be growing much more, there's been a serious dip in quality that many have noticed (and which may be due to waning interest from the guys themselves), and I think they've all got other things they want to pursue (which they can probably get started with more easily with the support of the fans they've already amassed). We all know the channel won't last them forever, so now just seems like a good time to move on for everyone.

I don't really see why'd you ever stop doing this as long as you can make it a living off of it.

Honestly, they've been running a man down more often than not for the last few months. If they just pull Plague or StarExorcist or one of their other "snug-fit" guests I'd barely noticed.

Not to mention they can practically just call next week a "bye" week due to holidays.

To be honest I thought most of the podcasts with guests were pretty bad.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I guess it's only appropriate when things just feel wrong at the Best Friends it's when Pat and Woolie are taking over.

Had to.

To be honest I thought most of the podcasts with guests were pretty bad.

Most of them area, which is why I mentioned guests that actually fit well like Plague and Star. As much as I like a lot of the other guests they've had as individual performers in their own right, they've been mediocre podcast participants at best.

Breads

Banned
Aw man... Liam is great. Sucks he is going through anxiety issues. I know exactly what its like. I hope he finds the answers he is looking for. He has a great persona and we need positivity in this day and age.

Laputa_94

I haven't watched the channel since the punisher LP wrapped up. It sucks to hear that Liam is leaving. I myself wasn't a fan of his as time went on, but I hope him the best.

dan2026

To be honest I kind of find Pat and Wollie a bit boring together.
They just don't have the chemistry that Matt and Pat do together.
It's ok when the 3 are together.

Maybe they just need Matt to make it work.

sjay1994

To be honest I kind of find Pat and Wollie a bit boring together.
They just don't have the chemistry that Matt and Pat do together.
It's ok when the 3 are together.

Maybe they just need Matt to make it work.

Yeah.

I feel the DS2 lp worked because Pat was basically coaching Woolie through.

Asides from that, the Pat Woolie LP's feel a bit slow. (Slowborne joke here)

I am struggling to watch the titanfall 2 LP, because the commentary is basically "buy this game. This game is awesome"

I feel like they do need Matt, since Matt and Woolie riff of each other really well, and Pat is free to eat shit while playing the game.

Strimei

I was wondering what they'd do for Christmas FNF.

Prepare for shitting on Blazblue! (Though at least they seem to have played the game for real)

edit: I think the audio is ALREADY desynced, hah.

Strimei

While I realize how animu Blazblue is, I have a soft spot for it as for some reason I really like the character designs.

That said, I had been seeing Es on twitter off and on over the months and, since it was always in Japanese, figured it was just another appearance of Noel's (since there's like, so many clones of her).

So apparently its not Noel? Huh.

Top Bottom