• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I'm glad Liam is leaving to fix is health and do other things but he was a key part of the best friends. He was the anime dude that cared a lot about every game he enjoyed.

I'll miss the dude and hope he might do some stream things. Can also dream that maybe he'll get better and join back with the best friends.

Though with mat and Liam it kinda opened my eyes of how much shit people give them for no fucking reason.

Gotta love entitled assholes critiquing people and don't give a shit about how those people will take those criticisms.

yeah

i'm in the same boat here. I never really paid attentions to the best friends YouTube comments so it never hit me how bad people can be at times.

One of the problems with being a decent sized YouTube channel. It was really after the walking dead season 2 LP where the unreasonable yelling started to become noticeable for me.

Never understood what was so wrong with people playing a game they wanted to. Especially in that case when It came to exposing a badly written game where the illusion of choice was real.

That and people constantly telling them they were wrong about things. Just any small shit starts to pile up and become something that really affects the way you go about life.

Best-Arrested-Development-Quotes.jpg

And that's why you never read the Best Friends GAF OT Youtube comments

Strimei

"Imagine if there was a bee that when it stings you makes you shit yourself."

The next Souls enemy?

I've been watching this guy on youtube get stung by the insects with the worst stings in the world (Fire Ant, Cow Killer wasp, Tarantula Hawk wasp, and finally Bullet Ant). Its been quite enlightening (the guy is an actual wilderness animal expert guy, for the record, so its been pretty informational) and given how much worse things get as he went up the list, I imagine pooping would be pretty hard. Lot of clenching.

I've been watching this guy on youtube get stung by the insects with the worst stings in the world (Fire Ant, Cow Killer wasp, Tarantula Hawk wasp, and finally Bullet Ant). Its been quite enlightening (the guy is an actual wilderness animal expert guy, for the record, so its been pretty informational) and given how much worse things get as he went up the list, I imagine pooping would be pretty hard. Lot of clenching.

Coyote, or something like that? He's basically just playing real-life Dark Souls.

"I hear rumors they just released a new DLC wasp for me to get stung by!"

That's hilarious, but I was actually thinking like HP, Stamina, etc.

And make sure that meter is brown. Maybe even green or red if you're into that.

You could make it an equipment status instead:

! P A N T S S H I T !

Then you just turn the armor paperdoll's leg slot brown.

Bonus: you get to have an Easter Egg where not wearing pants makes you immune to shit buildup. Then you get to have FAQs where people say things like, "Make sure you take your pants off before you go into Blighttown."

Strimei

Coyote, or something like that? He's basically just playing real-life Dark Souls.

Yup, Coyote Peterson.

I'm glad I saw his stuff, its been interesting though I won't lie watching him go through so much pain makes me feel some sympathetic twinges.

I think this is the guy he's talking about.

He is indeed quite insane.

You could make it an equipment status instead:

! P A N T S S H I T !

Then you just turn the armor paperdoll's leg slot brown.

Bonus: you get to have an Easter Egg where not wearing pants makes you immune to shit buildup. Then you get to have FAQs where people say things like, "Make sure you take your pants off before you go into Blighttown."

Make a ring or something that just creates a dung pie every time the meter hits zero. I'd love to see people's pants-shitting builds.

Ahaha, Woolie having that comic fan anxiety over the realization that being important in the comics now means absolutely nothing compared to box office draw in the MCU.

Gonna have to deal with it, Darling. You're more likely to see the comics adjusting their runs to highlight big MCU characters than the other way around.

thanks!

Very happy to see them continuing the podcast after everything that happened. I kinda expected them to take a break, but I'm glad to see Pat and Woolie sticking it through.

The podcast is mainly Woolie's thing, and they seem to enjoy doing it, so I don't think there was ever any real danger of it going on hiatus or anything.

Plus they've got plenty of people willing to be guests, so it's not like you'd ever really have to deal with just those two.

The podcast is mainly Woolie's thing, and they seem to enjoy doing it, so I don't think there was ever any real danger of it going on hiatus or anything.

Plus they've got plenty of people willing to be guests, so it's not like you'd ever really have to deal with just those two.

I really liked plague in the last podcast episode, so I'm happy if he's sticking around the foreseeable future.

Would really like to see Geoff Thew/Mother's Basement back in the future though. He was one of my favorite podcast guests.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really liked plague in the last podcast episode, so I'm happy if he's sticking around the foreseeable future.

Would really like to see Geoff Thew/Mother's Basement back in the future though. He was one of my favorite podcast guests.

Did I just completely miss that episode, because I do not remember MB being on the podcast.

I didn't even know Carrie Fisher died until I just clicked into this thread. That sucks man. 2016 claims another victim.

On another less depressing note, does anyone recall the podcast where Pat talks about SMT4? I just got the Neutral ending and I wanna go back and listen to his thoughts on it
EDIT: Found North Korean Kayfaybe where Woolie talks about him playing it and Pat gives him misinformation about the Neutral ending but it's not the one where Pat talks about his playthrough of it

PixelatedBookake

Like they knew she was going to pass this morning. Don't be that guy.

It's not really the fact that she died, but joking about someone in the ICU who just went into cardiac arrest just bothered me a bit. I'm not gonna unsubscribe over this or anything, it just made me somewhat uncomfortable.

What's the point of using a LMG if you're gonna reload every 10 bullets anyway? You don't have to be reloading every time you're not shooting.

It's an OCD sort of thing. As soon as you stop shooting, reload. Pure reflex, not done for any particularly conscious reason.

Edit: Man, DS2 seems to have fucked up Woolie for life when it comes to fall damage. So much trauma.

always reload when you're not shooting, even if it's only one bullet

In TF1 this actually worked great for the Spitfire because the reload was so fast and having a full clip was important for fucking up a Titan when you rodeoed it.

Anung

Un Rama
Whether I fire 1 bullet or 10 always be reloading.

A bit OCD or maybe it's behaviourism from playing MP where constant reloading is needed. Never enter a fight without a full clip.

Whether I fire 1 bullet or 10 always be reloading.

A bit OCD or maybe it's behaviourism from playing MP where constant reloading is needed. Never enter a fight without a full clip.

It's gotten so bad for me that I even try to do it with guns that don't reload.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
The game that fucked me up the most with reloads was Battlefield 2142 because it was the first battle field game i really got into and in that game you had a set amount of clips. So if i fired three bullets but had 21 in the chamber and reloaded, i would be tossing 21 bullets for three extra shots in my next encounter. When i first started, i was running out of ammo constantly. It was really fun, i wish we could get another 2142 or something.

The game that fucked me up the most with reloads was Battlefield 2142 because it was the first battle field game i really got into and in that game you had a set amount of clips. So if i fired three bullets but had 21 in the chamber and reloaded, i would be tossing 21 bullets for three extra shots in my next encounter. When i first started, i was running out of ammo constantly. It was really fun, i wish we could get another 2142 or something.

2142 is my favorite battlefield game

i'd love a sequel

Hmmm, I was thinking of joining the GAF guild for FFXIV then I remembered Pat has set up his own FFXIV guild too.

Now I'm in a dilemma- who do I join?

Edzi

Hmmm, I was thinking of joining the GAF guild for FFXIV then I remembered Pat has set up his own FFXIV guild too.

Now I'm in a dilemma- who do I join?

Can't speak for the Gaf group, but I played XIV for a month with the free trial and Pat's guild was really friendly.

Top Bottom