• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Sou Da

It's really surprising to me that not a lot of people know SAO's author was a solo player in Ragnarok Online (or something like that), where he apparently saw high level solo players going beast mode. That's why his protagonists keep curbstomping all the other players and not joining guilds/parties.

That said, it's kind of sad that the guy did play an MMO at some point, but still failed to comprehend how the game design worked.

Honestly I can see why someone wouldn't believe he played one, especially when you compare stuff lie Log Horizon to it.

JC Sera

BEHOLD
this emote Paige just posted
patangelemote112.png

make sure to polute the internet with it cause Pat HATES IT
hey listen ~ DROP YOUR FUCKING SHIELD

Strimei

Pat seems to be messing with Woolie by intentionally sending him off to areas beyond his current level.

So the real Dark Souls experience, in other words.

Though he did at least keep Woolie from bumbling his way into the catacombs, which is kind of the initiation most new players go through.

Lord knows I did.

Just a dumb anecdote but I was absolutely ecstatic when I discovered New Londo Ruins. I never got very far in the game, but I somehow missed that staircase down at Firelink my first attempt playing, I found those stairs on my second attempt playing thinking "what the FUCK?! Was this here the whole time??"

And then I fucked off when I realized I needed a consumable item to deal with the ghosts and I was nowhere near skilled enough to handle them yet.

From sure does simple exploration the best

Fat4all

Banned
Just a dumb anecdote but I was absolutely ecstatic when I discovered New Londo Ruins. I never got very far in the game, but I somehow missed that staircase down at Firelink my first attempt playing, I found those stairs on my second attempt playing thinking "what the FUCK?! Was this here the whole time??"

And then I fucked off when I realized I needed a consumable item to deal with the ghosts and I was nowhere near skilled enough to handle them yet.

From sure does simple exploration the best

Sometimes I feel like DS1 ruined all of their future games for me a little bit, because now I rarely miss stuff and scour the fucking levels like crazy my first time through.

Of course, that just means when I do miss stuff it's even more impressive.

God, I love From's level layouts and designs...

It's really surprising to me that not a lot of people know SAO's author was a solo player in Ragnarok Online (or something like that), where he apparently saw high level solo players going beast mode. That's why his protagonists keep curbstomping all the other players and not joining guilds/parties.

That said, it's kind of sad that the guy did play an MMO at some point, but still failed to comprehend how the game design worked.

I think it's mostly that most people are only cognizant of MMOs post-WoW.

SAO (and a lot of Korean/Chinese/Japanese MMOs that don't get ported) are based on the "old" model of MMORPGs: everything is a "world" thing (world bosses, world PVP, etc.), there's no allowances made whatsoever for being newbie-friendly, and excessive grinding is the norm, not the exception.

Most of those features were still around even in Final Fantasy XI. FFXIV was really the first (only?) Japanese MMO that actually follows WoW-style design sensibilities.

Fat4all

Banned
That intro reminds me, y'all catch 2Snack update video?

Their Patreon is going great, they just got a new PC and progress is being made on their new projects. In their upcoming Two Best Sisters Play videos (after this next one) they plan on finally adding Woolie and Liam.

This will probably allow them to make even more baller intros and videos officially as well.

Fat4all

Banned
Im wondering, if they start doing one-offs for Machinima again without Matt for a bit, what will they change their name to?

1. Two Best Friends Play
2. Super Best Friends Play
3. New Super Best Friends Play
4. ???

May I suggest

New Super Best Friends Play for Matching Service
?

zeemumu

Im wondering, if they start doing one-offs for Machinima again without Matt for a bit, what will they change their name to?

1. Two Best Friends Play
4. ???

May I suggest

?

Not sure. I thought the naming convention was

Matt and Pat-Two Best Friends Play
3+ people-Super Best Friends Play
Any non-Matt and Pat 2 person combination-Best Friends Play

Aw man that Cryme Tyme was great. I love the part when
they pushed the black guy through the fence and he bacame a mugger

That intro reminds me, y'all catch 2Snack update video?

Their Patreon is going great, they just got a new PC and progress is being made on their new projects. In their upcoming Two Best Sisters Play videos (after this next one) they plan on finally adding Woolie and Liam.

This will probably allow them to make even more baller intros and videos officially as well.

They? Is 2Snacks more than one person? I think I remember the guys saying it's a guy from Peru or something

Kard8p3

Relative to the rest of the crew, he's still just a regular dude who went to the gym. Pop greens are trick arrow-level powers and he still backs down super hard from a legit threat and tells the biggest lies to stay alive.

If you really want to disqualify Usopp, do it for him recently gaining Spider-Sense and super vision.

To be fair though it could be said Usopp had the 2nd toughest training after Zoro, as his island was said to have a 0% survival rate. Luffy didn't actually fight Ray, just the animals. Sanji's training was him just trying to steal recipes while his opponents tried to put a dress on him.

Sou Da

Woolie was fucking on point with that stop and frisk joke in the Cryme Tyme, the guy turning into a mugger a second later was perfect.

Fat4all

Banned
i just watched a bunch of their Nier playthrough again and I'm sad

I'm sure Liam wouldn't of wanted to do an LP of Automata for the channel in the first place, but I'm still gonna miss his gushing on the podcast

Menitta

1. Two Best Friends Play
4. ???

May I suggest

?

Super Best Friends Play Rainbow Edition

I guess it's convenient in a messed up sort of way that Liam was never onscreen in the Fisticuffs intro :/

I still hear the sort of "Hey it's Liam" in the background at the end of the intro... It will never stop hurting.

Also he is on screen, his hand knocks on the door and he opens the cookies

Top Bottom