• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I was just thinking about getting into 14, but was thinking that maybe I'd just wait until Stormblood comes out to try it. Although, I don't know if I'll still care by that point.

I was just thinking about getting into 14, but was thinking that maybe I'd just wait until Stormblood comes out to try it. Although, I don't know if I'll still care by that point.

A valid point as the same thing happened to me with WoW. I bought MoP in preparation for WoD, but when the expansion got released I lost interest in the game again.

Squishy3

Yep they are also known for attacking high rank hunts before everyone else is ready. To the point GAF is the word for doing that on the server.
This was when hunts first came out and it was naturally one of the largest FCs on Ultros, so it's more of a meme at this point than anything else. People shout GAF'd ironically 90% of the time.

Early pullers are early pullers regardless of what FC they're affiliated with and don't represent the entire FC. People also always get mad about S ranks getting pulled early (despite not being part of the group that popped it, as they have specific conditions that need to be fulfilled to spawn) but never show up to A ranks which easily add up to more than one S rank. 3 A ranks are more than one S rank and spawn multiple times a day, while S ranks only spawn roughly every 3 days in addition to needing the specific triggers (which some of them require stuff like specific weather to catch specific fish, or complete specific FATES. One S rank's spawn condition is to do FATEs in one area for an hour straight with none failing and is naturally rarely popped because of this.)

I'm in the GAF FC on Ultros and they're really friendly. I rejoined the game recently and while I thought about joining pat's guild, it made more sense to go back to the one that I started the game with at launch.

from what I can gather though, Storm Feelers are really nice guys.

my free four days just expired though and I think I'm going to wait until I'm done with XV before returning to the game.

I mean you would still have to play through all of 2.0 and 3.0 before you could get to 4.0. So if you're in it for the Stormblood hype you'll need to do some footwork.

I'm on Odin anyway because EU data server

I mean you would still have to play through all of 2.0 and 3.0 before you could get to 4.0. So if you're in it for the Stormblood hype you'll need to do some footwork.

There is no hype. Just recently became kinda interested in playing an MMO. Stormblood just seemed like a convenient excuse.

But yeah, didn't know about that. Guess I'll start sooner rather than later.

There is no hype. Just recently became kinda interested in playing an MMO. Stormblood just seemed like a convenient excuse.

But yeah, didn't know about that. Guess I'll start sooner rather than later.

Well... they have been talking about adding jump potions to the game for the next expansion that would allow people to instantly level up to 60 and have all story quests flagged as completed. Still not a 100% thing yet, but it I believe they intend to include these potions with the expansion for free for newbies to catch up.

That said if you would actually experience the story 'as intended'(and aren't interested in end game level stuff), starting a least a month or two before is the way to go. Although they might up story quest xp after the expansion's release like they did with HW, at least for the HW content. You'd end up behind in that case, but probably only until the next major patch.

Well... they have been talking about adding jump potions to the game for the next expansion that would allow people to instantly level up to 60 and have all story quests flagged as completed. Still not a 100% thing yet, but it I believe they intend to include these potions with the expansion for free for newbies to catch up.

That said if you would actually experience the story 'as intended'(and aren't interested in end game level stuff), starting a least a month or two before is the way to go. Although they might up story quest xp after the expansion's release like they did with HW, at least for the HW content. You'd end up behind in that case, but probably only until the next major patch.

I don't know anything about MMOs, so I don't think jumping straight into the deep end would be a great idea.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
In this episode of the chill LP the guys blow out my ears laughing so god damn hard at something I have no idea what about. I figured it out, and it's pretty funny in retrospect, but boy did I almost drop my coffee because that was sudden..

Fitts

I'm sure I'm late to this, but I just heard on the latest podcast that Liam's done? That sucks, but I checked out the reddit post and totally get it. I wish him well.

Down to Woolie and Pat (for now) but that's cool. I really enjoy both of their personalities so I'll keep listening. I'll miss Liam's optimism (even if I personally identified the least with him) and I'm looking forward to the return of Matt's lighthearted interjections. Plus I seen that they're doing a Dark Souls LP so I'll be watching that. I really enjoyed the Omikron playthrough but can't get into Titanfall at all. (finding something interesting/funny to watch on YouTube before bed helps me sleep better for some reason)

Strimei

Listening to the podcast and Woolie gushing about Let It Die, I wonder how he's going to feel about it when he progresses in deeper, as I heard on today's GOTY deliberations from Giant Bomb that apparently the back end is horribly paywalled or something to that extent.

Sou Da

caebac50-a585-4db7-b063-1d1570e66a76.png

Look at these hack frauds.

Edzi

Listening to the podcast and Woolie gushing about Let It Die, I wonder how he's going to feel about it when he progresses in deeper, as I heard on today's GOTY deliberations from Giant Bomb that apparently the back end is horribly paywalled or something to that extent.

That didn't sound like gushing to me.

Menitta

Which one are you talking about? The only one i am aware of is the mother's basement one which is less then 40 minutes... is there another?

That's Geoff's longest SAO video. I think he's dedicated like an hour and a half as to why SAO is terrible.

Edit: OH You haven't played HACKY SACK!?

Which one are you talking about? The only one i am aware of is the mother's basement one which is less then 40 minutes... is there another?

Oh I guess my memory over exaggerated, I blame it on this our new dark age. But still I got like 5 minutes in and saw how long I still had to go and went Nope!

Nordicus

Thanks Pat, now I'm watching the video on why the SAO game itself is shit.
It is an angle worth discussing and not one that's been beaten to the ground, yet people in the comments still act like the dude's hating on SAO too much.

Because it's fantasy, it's totally okay for the fiction version of SAO to only sell 10k copies on launch day, and the author absolutely understands game industry. Okaaaaaay.....

It's just that the costs of death get super high once you get beyond the 21st floor. It takes developing the banks to really high levels to accommodate the amount of money needed to salvage a guy near the top.

Unfortunately Pat, after the timeskip Usopp becomes a buff strongman with the god-powers of shooting different kinds of monster plants at people. He's still sometimes a coward who just announces what's going on with each panel but lacks the lying ability he used to have because he's actually capable of doing things now.

Unfortunately Pat, after the timeskip Usopp becomes a buff strongman with the god-powers of shooting different kinds of monster plants at people. He's still sometimes a coward who just announces what's going on with each panel but lacks the lying ability he used to have because he's actually capable of doing things now.

This is actually not true. He still lies all the time. He's certainly more capable, but he's still the weakest among them who lies all the time. Difference is he doesn't need to lie against even the most fodder of marines.

Wiseblade

This is actually not true. He still lies all the time. He's certainly more capable, but he's still the weakest among them who lies all the time. Difference is he doesn't need to lie against even the most fodder of marines.
Relative to the rest of the crew, he's still just a regular dude who went to the gym. Pop greens are trick arrow-level powers and he still backs down super hard from a legit threat and tells the biggest lies to stay alive.

If you really want to disqualify Usopp, do it for him recently gaining Spider-Sense and super vision.

Nordicus

He's still sometimes a coward who just announces what's going on with each panel but lacks the lying ability he used to have because he's actually capable of doing things now.
Speaking of lying ability, Usopp was never honestly good at lying, but he just lies the hardest.

Lie harder, not smarter.

And every one of his lie-based wins is the same as a bad poker player bluffing every hand and getting that one time when it pays off.

Every other time he eats shit. Even when he wins he eats shit.

It is an angle worth discussing and not one that's been beaten to the ground, yet people in the comments still act like the dude's hating on SAO too much.

Because it's fantasy, it's totally okay for the fiction version of SAO to only sell 10k copies on launch day, and the author absolutely understands game industry. Okaaaaaay.....
It's really surprising to me that not a lot of people know SAO's author was a solo player in Ragnarok Online (or something like that), where he apparently saw high level solo players going beast mode. That's why his protagonists keep curbstomping all the other players and not joining guilds/parties.

That said, it's kind of sad that the guy did play an MMO at some point, but still failed to comprehend how the game design worked.

Fancolors

It's really surprising to me that not a lot of people know SAO's author was a solo player in Ragnarok Online (or something like that), where he apparently saw high level solo players going beast mode. That's why his protagonists keep curbstomping all the other players and not joining guilds/parties.

That said, it's kind of sad that the guy did play an MMO at some point, but still failed to comprehend how the game design worked.

I think it's actually Wizardry Online. It had permadeath and constant PvP.

It's also not very good.

Top Bottom